Completion Setting Split-Up

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Why has NECPreferences `#spaceAfterCompletion` been moved to NECEntry in
Pharo 9? Usability seems a bit worse because the user now has to know about
two objects to configure it. Also, it was originally held in a class-side
instVar, which made it seem like different NECEntry subclasses might have
different behavior and might justify the move, but it is now a class var,
shared by all, and so the behavior seems the same...

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Sean

Re: Completion Setting Split-Up

Esteban Lorenzano
Hi Sean,

Because NECPreferences is attached to Settings subsystem which is a Morphic component and it will pull all morphic/tools/etc. dependences whenever included/referenced. That way, if we want to split the completion framework from Moprhic/Rubric, we need to inverse the dependency (instead NEEntry depending on NECPreferences, NECPreferences depending on NECEntry).

Esteban