Components for Dolphin

Andreas Brodbeck-4
Hi Dolphiners!

Are there any additional visual component suites for Dolphin? Compared
to other visual IDEs (say, Borlands Delphi) there is a little lack of
visual components in Dolphin. Are there any third-party products or
anything else?

Which suggestions can you give me?

Thanks!

Andreas Brodbeck

Re: Components for Dolphin

Christopher J. Demers
"Andreas Brodbeck" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:dmia6c$5vq$[hidden email]...
> Are there any additional visual component suites for Dolphin? Compared to
> other visual IDEs (say, Borlands Delphi) there is a little lack of visual
> components in Dolphin. Are there any third-party products or anything
> else?

Dolphin can support ActiveX components, so most visual ActiveX components
available should work in Dolphin.  You can take a look at URLPresenter to
see how IE is hosted in Dolphin.  This site,  http://www.active-x.com/ ,
seems to have a bunch.  I have not tried any of them.  Adding ActiveX
components may bring additional dependences and can complicate deployment.
You may want to consider using InnoSetup (
http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php ) to create a setup program, it is free
and open source.

Just be careful.  Some developers get overly fixated with having a spiffy
looking UI, and then the ease of use and functionality suffers.  One of the
benefits of a standard GUI was supposed to be consistency.  People could
learn how to use some basic GUI controls and then apply that knowledge to
multiple applications.  I think the software industry seems to be getting
away from that.

Chris