Components with Common Style

Zulq Alam
Hi,

I'm relatively new to Squeak and Smalltalk so forgive me if this post is
not appropriate.

I have a bunch of components that I want style identically.

Rather than override #style in the same way for each of these components
I created a superclass that handles this.

This works and I get that big grin when Seaside has just done something
cool.

Something troubles me though. When I edit the styles of a displayed
component of this type through my web browser #style is copied from the
superclass to the subclass.

I guess I'm concerned that I'm doing something inherently bad by sharing
my style sheets this way and this is just a symptom.

Perhaps this is just the way the editor works?

Regards,
Zulq.

Re: Components with Common Style

Michel Bany-3
Zulq Alam a écrit :

> Rather than override #style in the same way for each of these
> components I created a superclass that handles this.

As you said, that works. But I believe the proper way would be to use a
style library.
See
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2006-March/007072.html
Enjoy,
Michel.

Re: Components with Common Style

Zulq Alam
Thank you Michel.

Do you or anyone know if there is any way I can edit these (styles in
style libraries) through the browser via Halos?

If not, I think I'll stick with how I have things and deal with the
occasional copy of #style as I prefer to use the browser as a WYSIWYG
CSS editor. ;)

Z.

Michel Bany wrote:

> Zulq Alam a écrit :
>

>> Rather than override #style in the same way for each of these
>> components I created a superclass that handles this.
>>
> As you said, that works. But I believe the proper way would be to use
> a style library.
> See
> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2006-March/007072.html
>
> Enjoy,
> Michel.

Re: Components with Common Style

cbeler

> Do you or anyone know if there is any way I can edit these (styles in
> style libraries) through the browser via Halos?

probably through the browser by finding the subclass of WAStyleLybrary
(actually the category where you put the created style class...) and
then you should be able to access your style sheets

See you

Cédrick