Quantcast

Concrete Type Inference

Francisco Garau-2
Hi - we are trying to port to Pharo some work I've done on Concrete Type Inference back in 2001.

I've got a Squeak 2.8 image which is working, but having some minor problems with the pluggins.

Is there a public repository where old Squeak distributions are stored?

Thanks,
Francisco

Re: Concrete Type Inference

Stéphane Ducasse

On Mar 21, 2012, at 10:34 AM, Francisco Garau wrote:

> Hi - we are trying to port to Pharo some work I've done on Concrete Type Inference back in 2001.

Excellent!
We want that ;)

> I've got a Squeak 2.8 image which is working, but having some minor problems with the pluggins.
>
> Is there a public repository where old Squeak distributions are stored?

normally on http://www.squeak.org/
there is an ftp
         http://ftp.squeak.org

stef

> Thanks,
> Francisco

Re: Concrete Type Inference

Santiago Bragagnolo
Thanks too, i spend two hours searching for it last night :P when i couldn't make work the image of Concrete Type in the latest vm. (i had to prove :P).

2012/3/21 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>

On Mar 21, 2012, at 10:34 AM, Francisco Garau wrote:

> Hi - we are trying to port to Pharo some work I've done on Concrete Type Inference back in 2001.

Excellent!
We want that ;)

> I've got a Squeak 2.8 image which is working, but having some minor problems with the pluggins.
>
> Is there a public repository where old Squeak distributions are stored?

normally on http://www.squeak.org/
there is an ftp
        http://ftp.squeak.org

stef

> Thanks,
> Francisco

Re: Concrete Type Inference

Francisco Garau-2
The following code demonstrates the problem:

EllipseMorph new
setBalloonText: 'hello world';
openInWorld

It's always the same behaviour regardless the text (even adding an extra space at the end computes a box which is too big...)

It happens in 1.4 and 2.0. I would like to try in previous Pharos, but can't get hold of 1.3 or 1.2. Are those images available somewhere?

I am looking in BaloonMorph >> popUpForHand:

- Francisco

On 21 March 2012 14:44, Santiago Bragagnolo <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks too, i spend two hours searching for it last night :P when i couldn't make work the image of Concrete Type in the latest vm. (i had to prove :P).

2012/3/21 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>

On Mar 21, 2012, at 10:34 AM, Francisco Garau wrote:

> Hi - we are trying to port to Pharo some work I've done on Concrete Type Inference back in 2001.

Excellent!
We want that ;)

> I've got a Squeak 2.8 image which is working, but having some minor problems with the pluggins.
>
> Is there a public repository where old Squeak distributions are stored?

normally on http://www.squeak.org/
there is an ftp
        http://ftp.squeak.org

stef