Configurable current request context variable

12

Re: Configurable current request context variable

Max Leske
Hi,

I’ve opened one pull request on Seaside:master (develop is behind master, so I chose the most recent branch) and on on Grease:dev. I wasn’t sure about metadataless format for   FileTree etc., so if you need me to do something differently let me know.

Cheers,
Max

On 17 May 2017, at 07:45, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hey Max,

Perhaps you can make a pull request on the git repo?

thx for the work
Johan

On 17 May 2017, at 06:49, Max Leske <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 16 May 2017, at 22:24, Esteban A. Maringolo <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Philippe,

I’ve created an implementation, trying to do what you suggest; these are the changes:

- removed WADynamicVariable
- added GRDynamicVariable to Grease-Core

Sorry, this should have been Grease-Pharo30-Core.

- subclasses of WADynamicVariable now inherit from GRDynamicVariable
- test cases for WADynamicVariable moved to Grease-Tests-Core (not sure about this. The tests should be the same for all platforms but Grease-Core does not contain GRDynamicVariable…)

Great! Thank you Max.

Is Grease-*Dialect*-Core (e.g. Grease-Pharo-Core) a prerequisite of Grease-Core?

No, the other way around, according to the configuration.

I don’t have write permissions on STHub, so I’m attaching the patches below.

As expected, the file didn't make it to the attachments of the mail :)

Especially because I forgot to attach them… :p

Here’s the link to a zip archive with the patch: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pgd6k12mwh92s06/GRDynamicVariable_patch.zip?dl=0.

Just remembered something I forgot to fix. New archive: https://www.dropbox.com/s/44smqfnx4cvplt3/GRDynamicVariable_patch2.zip?dl=0.

Max

Cheers,
Max

I can also make the change for Squeak but I’m not sure how I would go about committing the change for VW / VASt. Let me know what you think.

Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: Configurable current request context variable

Johan Brichau-2
Hey Max,

I think a pull request on dev is required.
There is a more recent change on master but many commits are only on dev.

I just did not follow up very well after the last esug sprint what the state of seaside develop branch is…
But we should get those changes on master and release a new version. Since we require a new Grease version, a 3.3 is in order

On 18 May 2017, at 23:55, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hey Max,

I think a pull request on dev is required.
There is a more recent change on master but many commits are only on dev.

I just did not follow up very well after the last esug sprint what the state of seaside develop branch is…
But we should get those changes on master and release a new version. Since we require a new Grease version, a 3.3 is in order

Done. I attempted to merge master back into develop but a git merge is a nightmare with all the meta data. The PR now only includes my changes. I've closed the original PR on master.

Cheers,
Max

[...]

The mc metadata nightmare in git is fixed when you install GitFileTree-Mergedriver of Thierry Goubier [1].

I’m attending Grease at the moment and since the changes are minimal, I will try to fix the metadata merge conflicts by hand.

On 25 May 2017, at 12:56, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hey Max,

The mc metadata nightmare in git is fixed when you install GitFileTree-Mergedriver of Thierry Goubier [1].

Ok. With the move to Iceberg that will not be an issue anymore anyway.

I’m attending Grease at the moment and since the changes are minimal, I will try to fix the metadata merge conflicts by hand.

If it's too much of a hassle let me know and I'll make a clean version.