Configuration management Magritte and Pier

1 message Options

Configuration management Magritte and Pier

DiegoLont
Hi all,

I notice that for Grease and Seaside changes in the versions are always discussed on the Seaside list. Now maybe not all changes should be discussed, but for the major projects, like Magritte and Pier, I would like to have at least an announcement if a change is made in the configuration. To be more exact, I have no idea why version 3.2 was created in Magritte. I cannot find any mail on the list about this version.

Secondly I would like people to use release versions of Grease, Seaside, Magritte and Pier as much as possible. I have introduced releases for Grease, Seaside, Magritte and Pier to all have a #’release’. These release “remove” the last index. So for Seaside the current released version is: 3.1.0.2. This means there is a #release3.1, referring to ‘3.1.0.2' and a #release3.0 referring to ‘3.0.12’. When there is an important bug fix, version 3.1.0.3 will be created with this fix, and release3.1 will point to that version. And when 3.1.1 is released, #release3.1 will point to this version. To be completely consistent, there should be a #release3.1.0 as well (referring to 3.1.0.2). There is also a #release3, that is the latest recommended release. As this is different for squeakCommon and gemstone at the moment, this is a special case for Seaside, but normally it would simply point to release3.1.

It might be a good idea to introduce #releases to more configurations.

Discussion on the Magritte list.

Cheers,
Diego