ConfigurationOfExternalWebBrowser working in Squeak and Pharo trunk

ConfigurationOfExternalWebBrowser working in Squeak and Pharo trunk

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Tested in:
* Squeak 4.1-10145
* Pharo 1.1-11364

Squeak:
Installer ss
  project: 'SPDProjectUpdates';
  install: 'ConfigurationOfExternalWebBrowser'.

(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfExternalWebBrowser) load

Pharo:
Gofer new
  squeaksource: 'SPDProjectUpdates';
  package: 'ConfigurationOfExternalWebBrowser';
  load.

(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfExternalWebBrowser) load

p.s. I didn't upload to SqS/MetacelloRepository because I don't have write access to SqS/ExternalWebBrowser, so right now, I've hijacked :) the project @ SqS/SPDProjectUpdates pending Alexander's response.

Should I upload to SqS/MetacelloRepository anyway?

Sean
Cheers,
Sean

Re: ConfigurationOfExternalWebBrowser working in Squeak and Pharo trunk

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
> What is an external web browser?
> What are its goals?
It's an alternative to Scamper.  It forwards urls to the underlying OS's browser e.g. on my mac, it opens the URL in a new Safari window.

And how to we use the code in this package?
"ExternalWebBrowser openOnUrl: 'www.squeak.org'"

I haven't played with it more than that.  I'm just porting projects that sound interesting, both for practice, and adventure.

Sean

Cheers,
Sean

Re: ConfigurationOfExternalWebBrowser working in Squeak and Pharo trunk

Hannes Hirzel
On 5/15/10, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Tested in:
> * Squeak 4.1-10145
> * Pharo 1.1-11364
>
> Squeak:
> Installer ss
>   project: 'SPDProjectUpdates';
>   install: 'ConfigurationOfExternalWebBrowser'.
>
> (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfExternalWebBrowser) load

Works fine on Squeak4.1-10145 Win XP
ExternalWebBrowser openOnUrl: 'www.squeak.org'

Torsten Bergmann updated a Configuration as well today
see http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2010-May/150669.html

Installer
  ss
  project: 'MetacelloRepository';
  install: 'ConfigurationOfExternalWebBrowser'.

  (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfExternalWebBrowser) load

I did a test on  on Squeak4.1-10145 Win XP
and it worked fine

--Hannes

> Pharo:
> Gofer new
>   squeaksource: 'SPDProjectUpdates';
>   package: 'ConfigurationOfExternalWebBrowser';
>   load.
>
> (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfExternalWebBrowser) load
>
> p.s. I didn't upload to SqS/MetacelloRepository because I don't have write
> access to SqS/ExternalWebBrowser, so right now, I've hijacked :) the project
> @ SqS/SPDProjectUpdates pending Alexander's response.
>
> Should I upload to SqS/MetacelloRepository anyway?
>
> Sean

Re: ConfigurationOfExternalWebBrowser working in Squeak and Pharo trunk

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Hannes Hirzel-2 wrote
Torsten Bergmann updated a Configuration as well today
see http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2010-May/150669.html

I did a test on  on Squeak4.1-10145 Win XP
and it worked fine
That one worked for me too on the Mac.  My fix added Pharo 1.1 compatibility.

Sean
Cheers,
Sean