ConfigurationOfEyeSee

stepharo
I'm starting to check the validation of the configurations and I will
share that with you.

| list errors conf |
conf := ConfigurationOfEyeSee.
errors := OrderedCollection new.
         list := MetacelloToolBox validateConfiguration: conf.
         list do: [ :warning |
             warning isCritical ifTrue:[errors add:  conf -> warning ]]

an OrderedCollection(Critical Warning: No version specified for the
package 'EyeSee-Events' in version '0.9.8.1' { noVersionSpecified } [
#validateVersionSpec: ] Critical Warning: No version specified for the
package 'EyeSee-Axis' in version '0.9.8.1' { noVersionSpecified } [
#validateVersionSpec: ] Critical Warning: No version specified for the
package 'EyeSee-Tests-Core' in version '0.9.8.1' { noVersionSpecified }
[ #validateVersionSpec: ] Critical Warning: No version specified for the
package 'EyeSee-Support' in version '0.9.8.1' { noVersionSpecified } [
#validateVersionSpec: ] Critical Warning: No version specified for the
package 'EyeSee-Core' in version '0.9.8.1' { noVersionSpecified } [
#validateVersionSpec: ] Warning: Symbolic version #development refers to
a version'1.1-baseline' whose blessing #baseline is not #development {
notDevelopmentVersion } [
#validateVersionSpecForSymbolicVersion:symbolicVersion: ])

Re: ConfigurationOfEyeSee

Tudor Girba-2
EyeSee has to go away completely. I cleaned all dependencies from the Moose code, and we should be ready to remove it from the default configuration (and from Glamour).

Doru

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 9:40 AM, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm starting to check the validation of the configurations and I will share that with you.

| list errors conf |
conf := ConfigurationOfEyeSee.
errors := OrderedCollection new.
        list := MetacelloToolBox validateConfiguration: conf.
        list do: [ :warning |
            warning isCritical ifTrue:[errors add:  conf -> warning ]]

an OrderedCollection(Critical Warning: No version specified for the package 'EyeSee-Events' in version '0.9.8.1' { noVersionSpecified } [ #validateVersionSpec: ] Critical Warning: No version specified for the package 'EyeSee-Axis' in version '0.9.8.1' { noVersionSpecified } [ #validateVersionSpec: ] Critical Warning: No version specified for the package 'EyeSee-Tests-Core' in version '0.9.8.1' { noVersionSpecified } [ #validateVersionSpec: ] Critical Warning: No version specified for the package 'EyeSee-Support' in version '0.9.8.1' { noVersionSpecified } [ #validateVersionSpec: ] Critical Warning: No version specified for the package 'EyeSee-Core' in version '0.9.8.1' { noVersionSpecified } [ #validateVersionSpec: ] Warning: Symbolic version #development refers to a version'1.1-baseline' whose blessing #baseline is not #development { notDevelopmentVersion } [ #validateVersionSpecForSymbolicVersion:symbolicVersion: ])

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: ConfigurationOfEyeSee

Usman Bhatti
It seems that the majority of warnings are related to problems with the versions in the configuration.
In Moose, most of the configurations load from baseline and do not use versions. This is a way to always load the latest version.
May be we can start removing the warnings for baselines and later clean/remove the versions.

[...]

Ok. I removed it now. Thanks for pushing this.

For reference, you can still download an EyeSee like this:

Gofer new
smalltalkhubUser: 'Moose' project: 'EyeSee';
configuration;
loadDevelopment

And you can depend on it in your own configs like this:

spec project: 'EyeSee' with: [
spec
className: 'ConfigurationOfEyeSee';
file: 'ConfigurationOfEyeSee';