ConfigurationOfGetText broken?

Usman Bhatti
Hello,

It seems that some recent changes in the ConfigurationOfText have broken the loading in the Pharo 3.0.

I'm loading GetText with the following script in my config.
spec
project: 'GetText'
with: [
spec
className: 'ConfigurationOfGettext';
file: 'ConfigurationOfGettext';
loads: #('Core' );
                                version: '1.3'; "tried #development too"

I get this error whatever version I put.

'The version ''1.3'' is not defined in ConfigurationOfGettext for the current platform, because an exception occurred while creating the version:. Error: The imported version:''1.1-baseline'' for version: 1.3 referenced from the method: #version13: in configuration ConfigurationOfGettext has not been defined.. Evaluate the following to see the error: ''[ConfigurationOfGettext project ]
on: MetacelloErrorInProjectConstructionNotification
do: [:ex | ex resume: true ].''
Possible versions include: #(#bleedingEdge #development #stable ''1.0-baseline'' ''1.0'' ''1.1'' ''1.2'')'

I tried to debug and compared with the changes from the previous version but didn't find any workable solution.

Usman

Re: [Pharo-dev] ConfigurationOfGetText broken?

Johan Brichau-2
I agree.
The Seaside packages should be moved to the Seaside configuration and make that one dependent on ConfigurationOfGettext.
Also, the Seaside30Addons repository was moved to smalltalkhub.

Johan

On 17 Jan 2014, at 17:17, Hilaire Fernandes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le 17/01/2014 11:42, Usman Bhatti a écrit :
>>
>> It seems that some recent changes in the ConfigurationOfText have broken
>> the loading in the Pharo 3.0.
>>

> I only know basic of ConfigurationOf..., but it looks odd to me to see
> Seaside dependencies in the Gettext configuration. Should it not belong
> to this configuration? Imagine if each package depending on Gettext to
> add itself in the gettext configuration?
>
> Hilaire
>
> --
> Dr. Geo http://drgeo.eu

Re: [Pharo-dev] ConfigurationOfGetText broken?

Usman Bhatti
We've already discussed it and I am in the favor of removing non-gettext dependancies from its config.

Now, I'll wait for Paul's response to cleanup. Because debugging ConfigurationOfGetText or for that matter any configuration with such complexities takes a lot of time. So, as an ad-hoc solution I am loading the only package in Gettext directly.

Usman

On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 6:24 AM, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:
I agree.
The Seaside packages should be moved to the Seaside configuration and make that one dependent on ConfigurationOfGettext.
Also, the Seaside30Addons repository was moved to smalltalkhub.

Johan

On 17 Jan 2014, at 17:17, Hilaire Fernandes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le 17/01/2014 11:42, Usman Bhatti a écrit :
>>
>> It seems that some recent changes in the ConfigurationOfText have broken
>> the loading in the Pharo 3.0.
>>

> I only know basic of ConfigurationOf..., but it looks odd to me to see
> Seaside dependencies in the Gettext configuration. Should it not belong
> to this configuration? Imagine if each package depending on Gettext to
> add itself in the gettext configuration?
>
> Hilaire
>
> --
> Dr. Geo http://drgeo.eu

Re: [Pharo-dev] ConfigurationOfGetText broken?

Johan Brichau-2
Fyi I am already adding gettext for seaside to the ConfigurationOfSeaside3.

So, it's good to clean ConfigurationOfGettext

Johan (sent from my mobile)