ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside

DiegoLont
Hi all,

I am not fully done testing, but so far looking good, so here I share how far I am:
> Version 0.4 is tested in Moose 4.8. I loaded it in Pharo 2.0 and got an error while loading Seaside Tests. Only the tests depend on this project, so this should be ok. Maybe the tests even run, when you proceed on the warning.
> Important note: the configuration of Seaside30 comes from Seaside30 repository instead of the MetacelloRepository on squeak source. So you need to load this configuration manually before loading GlamourSeaside.

After manually loading configuration of GlamourSeaside and Seaside30 the following should load this project:

(ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside project version: '0.4') load: 'Examples'
After that you should of course start the server by:
ZnZincServerAdaptor startOn: 8080

Cheers

Re: ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside

DiegoLont
Hi all,

Done some more testing and cleaned to configuration to follow standards.

I have an additional note. Currently when I load the development version of ConfigurationOfGlamour into moose 4.8, my moose becomes unstable. I am not sure what is wrong here, but this makes it hard to test well. So I guess I am stuck untill Glamour is stable again in 4.8.

Serge and Doru,

Please let me know if some more work is needed on the ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside. It should be fine now.

Cheers,
Diego

> Hi all,
>
> I am not fully done testing, but so far looking good, so here I share how far I am:
>> Version 0.4 is tested in Moose 4.8. I loaded it in Pharo 2.0 and got an error while loading Seaside Tests. Only the tests depend on this project, so this should be ok. Maybe the tests even run, when you proceed on the warning.
>> Important note: the configuration of Seaside30 comes from Seaside30 repository instead of the MetacelloRepository on squeak source. So you need to load this configuration manually before loading GlamourSeaside.
>
> After manually loading configuration of GlamourSeaside and Seaside30 the following should load this project:
>
> (ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside project version: '0.4') load: 'Examples'
> After that you should of course start the server by:
> ZnZincServerAdaptor startOn: 8080
>
> Cheers

Re: ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside

Tudor Girba-2
Thanks for doing this.

I am not sure what you mean by becoming unstable. ConfigurationOfGlamour #development is already loaded in the image. It should not cause any further problems.

What might happen is that ConfigurationOfGlamour loads Magritte which loads Grease, and this might have an impact on Seaside. Maybe we are not loading the proper versions. Could it be it?

Cheers,
Doru

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 4:01 PM, Diego Lont <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

Done some more testing and cleaned to configuration to follow standards.

I have an additional note. Currently when I load the development version of ConfigurationOfGlamour into moose 4.8, my moose becomes unstable. I am not sure what is wrong here, but this makes it hard to test well. So I guess I am stuck untill Glamour is stable again in 4.8.

Serge and Doru,

Please let me know if some more work is needed on the ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside. It should be fine now.

Cheers,
Diego

> Hi all,
>
> I am not fully done testing, but so far looking good, so here I share how far I am:
>> Version 0.4 is tested in Moose 4.8. I loaded it in Pharo 2.0 and got an error while loading Seaside Tests. Only the tests depend on this project, so this should be ok. Maybe the tests even run, when you proceed on the warning.
>> Important note: the configuration of Seaside30 comes from Seaside30 repository instead of the MetacelloRepository on squeak source. So you need to load this configuration manually before loading GlamourSeaside.
>
> After manually loading configuration of GlamourSeaside and Seaside30 the following should load this project:
>
> (ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside project version: '0.4') load: 'Examples'
> After that you should of course start the server by:
> ZnZincServerAdaptor startOn: 8080
>
> Cheers

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside

DiegoLont
Problem found, thanks to Doru. It was loading the stable version of Glamour. That is apparently not stable in 4.8. It should load the development version. I changed this, and now I can continue working once I load GlamourSeaside. Running the tests failed 44 out of 66: When I browse through them I saw two problems: it needed a HTTPRequest, that no longer exists (problem in Seaside Tests), and I did not start the Parasol server. So no surprises here yet. Maybe someone else can test if GlamourSeaside loads good?

Cheers,
Diego

P.S. I now loaded my configuration using GTMetaceller.

Thanks for doing this.

I am not sure what you mean by becoming unstable. ConfigurationOfGlamour #development is already loaded in the image. It should not cause any further problems.

What might happen is that ConfigurationOfGlamour loads Magritte which loads Grease, and this might have an impact on Seaside. Maybe we are not loading the proper versions. Could it be it?

Cheers,
Doru

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 4:01 PM, Diego Lont <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

Done some more testing and cleaned to configuration to follow standards.

I have an additional note. Currently when I load the development version of ConfigurationOfGlamour into moose 4.8, my moose becomes unstable. I am not sure what is wrong here, but this makes it hard to test well. So I guess I am stuck untill Glamour is stable again in 4.8.

Serge and Doru,

Please let me know if some more work is needed on the ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside. It should be fine now.

Cheers,
Diego

> Hi all,
>
> I am not fully done testing, but so far looking good, so here I share how far I am:
>> Version 0.4 is tested in Moose 4.8. I loaded it in Pharo 2.0 and got an error while loading Seaside Tests. Only the tests depend on this project, so this should be ok. Maybe the tests even run, when you proceed on the warning.
>> Important note: the configuration of Seaside30 comes from Seaside30 repository instead of the MetacelloRepository on squeak source. So you need to load this configuration manually before loading GlamourSeaside.
>
> After manually loading configuration of GlamourSeaside and Seaside30 the following should load this project:
>
> (ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside project version: '0.4') load: 'Examples'
> After that you should of course start the server by:
> ZnZincServerAdaptor startOn: 8080
>
> Cheers

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside

SergeStinckwich
On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 9:01 PM, Diego Lont <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Done some more testing and cleaned to configuration to follow standards.
>
> I have an additional note. Currently when I load the development version of ConfigurationOfGlamour into moose 4.8, my moose becomes unstable. I am not sure what is wrong here, but this makes it hard to test well. So I guess I am stuck untill Glamour is stable again in 4.8.
>
> Serge and Doru,
>
> Please let me know if some more work is needed on the ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside. It should be fine now.

Yes, I would like to try, where if the ConfigurationOfSeaside ?

Regards,
--
Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)

Re: ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside

Dale Henrichs
Serge,

The dev version of ConfigurationOfSeaside30 can be found in the Seaside30 project on SqueakSource...

The guys have been working on Seaside 3.0.8 which is I think aimed at getting Seaside30 running in Pharo2.0 ... I think they are pretty close to happy with 3.0.8...

Dale

| On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 9:01 PM, Diego Lont <[hidden email]> wrote:
| > Hi all,
| >
| > Done some more testing and cleaned to configuration to follow standards.
| >
| > I have an additional note. Currently when I load the development version of
| > ConfigurationOfGlamour into moose 4.8, my moose becomes unstable. I am not
| > sure what is wrong here, but this makes it hard to test well. So I guess I
| > am stuck untill Glamour is stable again in 4.8.
| >
| > Serge and Doru,
| >
| > Please let me know if some more work is needed on the
| > ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside. It should be fine now.
|
| Yes, I would like to try, where if the ConfigurationOfSeaside ?
|
| Regards,
| --
| Serge Stinckwich
| UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
| Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
| http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside

DiegoLont
Serge, Dale,

> | Yes, I would like to try, where if the ConfigurationOfSeaside ?

I probably should have added a load script.

This should work fine.

Gofer new
    url: 'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Moose/Glamour/main';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside';
    load.

Gofer new
    url: 'http://squeaksource.com/Seaside30';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
    load.

((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside) project version: '0.4') load.

(Smalltalk at: #ZnZincServerAdaptor) startOn: 8080.

> The guys have been working on Seaside 3.0.8 which is I think aimed at getting Seaside30 running in Pharo2.0 ... I think they are pretty close to happy with 3.0.8…

Yes, That was the aim and I think this work is finished and should be promoted to the MetacelloRepository. If that is done, the ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside no longer needs manually loading of the configuration of Seaside30.

Diego

Re: ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside

stephane ducasse
Gofer new
   package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
   load.

 (ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project version: '3.0.8') load.

Does not work. Do you have an idea?

Stef

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 3:34 PM, Diego Lont <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Serge, Dale,
>
>> | Yes, I would like to try, where if the ConfigurationOfSeaside ?
>
> I probably should have added a load script.
>
> This should work fine.
>
> Gofer new
>     url: 'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Moose/Glamour/main';
>     package: 'ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside';
>     load.
>
> Gofer new
>     url: 'http://squeaksource.com/Seaside30';
>     package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
>     load.
>
> ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside) project version: '0.4') load.
>
> (Smalltalk at: #ZnZincServerAdaptor) startOn: 8080.

Ok seems to load in a MOOSE 4.8 image. I have only one glitch.

Thank you Diego !

Regards,
--
Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside

DiegoLont
On Apr 18, 2013, at 9:53 PM, stephane ducasse wrote:

Gofer new
   package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
   load.

 (ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project version: '3.0.8') load.

Stef,

I know Metacello sometimes spawns the error "Integer does not understand …", then retrying works. And when I use the current Pharo 2.0 release for Mac, then this loads just fine …

When I compare 3.0.7 with 3.0.8, then I see that in core group the following packages are removed:
> 'Seaside-Tools-OmniBrowser' 'Zinc-Seaside' 'Comet-Core' 'Comet-Examples' ).
OB does not exist any more in Pharo 2.0.
The is some issue with Comet.
But the Zinc-Seaside probably should have stayed in Core …. so I changed this. Can you test if it now does what you expect it to do?

Diego

Does not work. Do you have an idea?

Re: ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside

stephane ducasse
thanks I will try when I arrive to a stable place :)

Stef

On Apr 19, 2013, at 10:35 AM, Diego Lont <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Apr 18, 2013, at 9:53 PM, stephane ducasse wrote:

Gofer new
   package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
   load.

 (ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project version: '3.0.8') load.

Stef,

I know Metacello sometimes spawns the error "Integer does not understand …", then retrying works. And when I use the current Pharo 2.0 release for Mac, then this loads just fine …

When I compare 3.0.7 with 3.0.8, then I see that in core group the following packages are removed:
> 'Seaside-Tools-OmniBrowser' 'Zinc-Seaside' 'Comet-Core' 'Comet-Examples' ).
OB does not exist any more in Pharo 2.0.
The is some issue with Comet.
But the Zinc-Seaside probably should have stayed in Core …. so I changed this. Can you test if it now does what you expect it to do?

Diego

Does not work. Do you have an idea?

Re: ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside

SergeStinckwich
On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 3:34 PM, Diego Lont <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Serge, Dale,
>
>> | Yes, I would like to try, where if the ConfigurationOfSeaside ?
>
> I probably should have added a load script.
>
> This should work fine.
>
> Gofer new
>     url: 'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Moose/Glamour/main';
>     package: 'ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside';
>     load.
>
> Gofer new
>     url: 'http://squeaksource.com/Seaside30';
>     package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
>     load.
>
> ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside) project version: '0.4') load.

When I try to load GlamourSeaside with Pharo 2.0, I have a warning :
This package depends on the following classes:
  BlockContext

Regards,
--
Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside

DiegoLont
Serge,

Yes you are correct. There are several problems with old versions. I just discussed with Doru, and basically he says: you should not load stable, you should load development.

So I changed the GlamourOfSeaside config, so it refers to development instead of stable, and that should do the trick.

Gofer new
   url: 'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Moose/Glamour/main';
   package: 'ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside';
   load.

" load only the examples, should work without errors:"
((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside) project version: #'development') load.

" Loads tests also, not that you have to ignore the warning of the missing HTTPRequest "
((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside) project version: #'development') load: #( 'Examples' 'Tests' ).
"

" Start seaside "

On Apr 19, 2013, at 5:12 PM, Serge Stinckwich wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 3:34 PM, Diego Lont <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Serge, Dale,

>> I probably should have added a load script.
>>
>> This should work fine.
>>
>> Gofer new
>>    url: 'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Moose/Glamour/main';
>>    package: 'ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside';
>>    load.
>>
>> Gofer new
>>    url: 'http://squeaksource.com/Seaside30';
>>    package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
>>    load.
>>
>> ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside) project version: '0.4') load.
>
> When I try to load GlamourSeaside with Pharo 2.0, I have a warning :
> This package depends on the following classes:
>  BlockContext
>
> Regards,
> --
> Serge Stinckwich
> UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
> http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside

Tudor Girba-2
Excellent job!

I just tested it and it works. I setup a Jenkins job to build Moose on Seaside:
https://ci.inria.fr/moose/job/moose-on-seaside/

Cheers,
Doru

On Apr 22, 2013, at 11:54 AM, Diego Lont <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Serge,
>
> Yes you are correct. There are several problems with old versions. I just discussed with Doru, and basically he says: you should not load stable, you should load development.
>
> So I changed the GlamourOfSeaside config, so it refers to development instead of stable, and that should do the trick.
>
> Gofer new
>   url: 'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Moose/Glamour/main';
>   package: 'ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside';
>   load.
>
> " load only the examples, should work without errors:"
> ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside) project version: #'development') load.
>
> " Loads tests also, not that you have to ignore the warning of the missing HTTPRequest "
> ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside) project version: #'development') load: #( 'Examples' 'Tests' ).
> "
>
> " Start seaside "
> (Smalltalk at: #ZnZincServerAdaptor) startOn: 8080.
>
> Cheers,
> Diego
>
> On Apr 19, 2013, at 5:12 PM, Serge Stinckwich wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 3:34 PM, Diego Lont <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Serge, Dale,

>>> I probably should have added a load script.
>>>
>>> This should work fine.
>>>
>>> Gofer new
>>>   url: 'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Moose/Glamour/main';
>>>   package: 'ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside';
>>>   load.
>>>
>>> Gofer new
>>>   url: 'http://squeaksource.com/Seaside30';
>>>   package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
>>>   load.
>>>
>>> ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside) project version: '0.4') load.
>>
>> When I try to load GlamourSeaside with Pharo 2.0, I have a warning :
>> This package depends on the following classes:
>> BlockContext
>>
>> Regards,
>> --
>> Serge Stinckwich
>> UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
>> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
>> http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

www.tudorgirba.com

"Be rather willing to give than demanding to get."