ConfigurationOfGoferProjectLoader ...

Geert Claes
Administrator
Has anyone been able to load the ConfigurationOfGoferProjectLoader?

Re: ConfigurationOfGoferProjectLoader ...

Dale Henrichs
Geert Claes wrote:
> Has anyone been able to load the ConfigurationOfGoferProjectLoader?
I've been using 1.0-alpha2.1 a lot, but it does look like there is a
problem with the released version ... I'll fix it.

Dale

Geert Claes wrote:
> Has anyone been able to load the ConfigurationOfGoferProjectLoader?
Geert,

Was your error 'Error: Name not found: Gofer Core' and was it generated
using the OB-Metacello tools? If so, then you are hitting a bug that is
related to http://code.google.com/p/metacello/issues/detail?id=79, where
you might just be trying to load an earlier version GoferProejctLoader
when a later version is loaded ...

Otherwise, I tried loading it all three different versions into a
PharoCore 1.1 and it loaded fine, so I'll need more details on the error
to understand what might be wrong...

Dale

Re: ConfigurationOfGoferProjectLoader ...

EstebanLM
I used it on 1.1... I don't know if there are problems on 1.2 right
now... I will check it (in fact, I have some changes available to
upload for some time ago, but no time to release them, I'm sorry)

Cheers,
Esteban

On 2010-07-14 13:45:46 -0300, Dale Henrichs
<[hidden email]> said:

> Geert Claes wrote:
>> Has anyone been able to load the ConfigurationOfGoferProjectLoader?
> Geert,
>
> Was your error 'Error: Name not found: Gofer Core' and was it generated
> using the OB-Metacello tools? If so, then you are hitting a bug that is
> related to http://code.google.com/p/metacello/issues/detail?id=79, where
> you might just be trying to load an earlier version GoferProejctLoader
> when a later version is loaded ...
>
> Otherwise, I tried loading it all three different versions into a
> PharoCore 1.1 and it loaded fine, so I'll need more details on the error
> to understand what might be wrong...
>
> Dale

Re: ConfigurationOfGoferProjectLoader ...

Geert Claes
Administrator
Dale Henrichs wrote
I downloaded a fresh 1.1 rc4 image and I get a "Can't find EOCD position" error. I tried the following: Open the Monticello browser, Open the MetacelloRepository, click on ConfigurationOfGoferProjectLoader-DaleHendrichs.16.mcz. and load (see screenshot below) When I open a workspace and Do the following (see screenshot below) Gofer it squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository'; package: 'ConfigurationOfGoferProjectLoader'; load. (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfGoferProjectLoader) project latestVersion load. A second attempt seems to give a readStream error (see screenshot below): I will try to give this a go at home to see if I get the same error.

Geert Claes wrote:
> Dale Henrichs wrote:
> Was your error 'Error: Name not found: Gofer Core' and was it generated using the OB-Metacello tools? If so, then you are hitting a bug that is related to http://code.google.com/p/metacello/issues/detail?id=79, where you might just be trying to load an earlier version GoferProejctLoader when a later version is loaded ... Otherwise, I tried loading it all three different versions into a PharoCore 1.1 and it loaded fine, so I'll need more details on the error to understand what might be wrong...
> I downloaded a fresh 1.1 rc4 image and I get a "Can't find EOCD position" error. I tried the following: Open the Monticello browser, Open the MetacelloRepository, click on ConfigurationOfGoferProjectLoader-DaleHendrichs.16.mcz. and load (see screenshot below) [http://forum.world.st/file/n2289777/EOCD_Position.png]  When I open a workspace and Do the following (see screenshot below) Gofer it squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository'; package: 'ConfigurationOfGoferProjectLoader'; load. (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfGoferProjectLoader) project latestVersion load. [http://forum.world.st/file/n2289777/EOCD_Position2.png]  A second attempt seems to give a readStream error (see screenshot below): [http://forum.world.st/file/n2289777/readStream.png]  I will try to give this a go at home to see if I get the same error.

Geert,

The EOCD error is indicative of a corrupt mcz file (typically caused by
an error occuring during download) ... the corrupt mcz file is probably
in your package cache ... so you should clear your package and try again
... if it fails again, I'd like to know which mcz file and repository
the error is occuring for...

Dale

Re: ConfigurationOfGoferProjectLoader ...

Geert Claes
Administrator
Dale Henrichs wrote
The EOCD error is indicative of a corrupt mcz file (typically caused by an error occuring during download) ... the corrupt mcz file is probably in your package cache ... so you should clear your package and try again
... if it fails again, I'd like to know which mcz file and repository the error is occuring for...
I have no idea what is going on here, but it seems like I get the same error for all packages so its not just a ConfigurationOfGoferProjectLoader issue but more a general network issue on my side.  I am behind a proxy server here which continuously causes problems, so I can't wait for http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=2494 for Pharo to simply use the host OS network settings :)