ConfigurationOfSeaside available

Dale
First load the configuration:
  Gofer new
        squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
        package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside';
        load.

Then pick the Seaside variant you want to load:

  "Seaside 2.8"
  ConfigurationOfSeaside project latestVersion load: 'Seaside 2.8'.
  ConfigurationOfSeaside project latestVersion load: 'Seaside 2.8 Examples'.
  ConfigurationOfSeaside project latestVersion load: 'Magritte'.
  ConfigurationOfSeaside project latestVersion load: 'Magritte Tests'.
  ConfigurationOfSeaside project latestVersion load: 'Pier'.
  ConfigurationOfSeaside project latestVersion load: 'Pier Tests'.
  ConfigurationOfSeaside project latestVersion load: 'Pier AddOns'.

  "Seaside 3.0"
  ConfigurationOfSeaside project latestVersion load: 'Seaside 3.0'.
  ConfigurationOfSeaside project latestVersion load: 'Seaside 3.0 Tests'.
  ConfigurationOfSeaside project latestVersion load: 'Magritte2'.
  ConfigurationOfSeaside project latestVersion load: 'Magritte2 Tests'.
  ConfigurationOfSeaside project latestVersion load: 'Pier2'.
  ConfigurationOfSeaside project latestVersion load: 'Pier2 Tests'.
  ConfigurationOfSeaside project latestVersion load: 'Pier2 AddOns'.

I've tested the various loads with PharoCore-1.0-10508rc2. Should work fine in Dev variants as well...

Dale

Re: ConfigurationOfSeaside available

Miguel Cobá
El mar, 26-01-2010 a las 17:14 -0800, Dale Henrichs escribió:

> First load the configuration:
>   Gofer new
> squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
> package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside';
> load.
>
> Then pick the Seaside variant you want to load:
>
>   "Seaside 2.8"
>   ConfigurationOfSeaside project latestVersion load: 'Seaside 2.8'.
>   ConfigurationOfSeaside project latestVersion load: 'Seaside 2.8 Examples'.
>   ConfigurationOfSeaside project latestVersion load: 'Magritte'.
>   ConfigurationOfSeaside project latestVersion load: 'Magritte Tests'.
>   ConfigurationOfSeaside project latestVersion load: 'Pier'.
>   ConfigurationOfSeaside project latestVersion load: 'Pier Tests'.
>   ConfigurationOfSeaside project latestVersion load: 'Pier AddOns'.
>
>   "Seaside 3.0"
>   ConfigurationOfSeaside project latestVersion load: 'Seaside 3.0'.
>   ConfigurationOfSeaside project latestVersion load: 'Seaside 3.0 Tests'.
>   ConfigurationOfSeaside project latestVersion load: 'Magritte2'.
>   ConfigurationOfSeaside project latestVersion load: 'Magritte2 Tests'.
>   ConfigurationOfSeaside project latestVersion load: 'Pier2'.
>   ConfigurationOfSeaside project latestVersion load: 'Pier2 Tests'.
>   ConfigurationOfSeaside project latestVersion load: 'Pier2 AddOns'.
>
> I've tested the various loads with PharoCore-1.0-10508rc2. Should work fine in Dev variants as well...

Hi Dale,

first I thought that you had merged the ConfigurationOfSeaside28 and
ConfigurationOfSeaside30 in a single configuration but I saw, when
There is a reason to do this and not to unify them in a single package?

I must say that externally isn't a problem, it works perfect. Just want
to know the "how-to" part of this. Maybe there is some guideline
underlying here that I would like to know :)

Thanks

> Dale

Miguel Cobá
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: ConfigurationOfSeaside available

Dale
Miguel,

There were several factors:

  1) It isn't possible to upgrade from Seaside2.8 to Seaside3.0. In a single
     configuration, I expect to be able to #load: '2.0' and later #load: '2.4'
     and have the right thing happen
  2) 2.8 and 3.0 are more like separate web frameworks. If you use
     #loadLatestVersion you will get 3.0 every time. There needs to be a way to
     #loadLatestVersion for 2.8 independent of 3.0
  3) The code bases for Magritte and Pier have forked as well. And the issues in
     point 1 and 2 apply to Magritte and Pier.
  4) ConfigurationOfSeaside detects whether 2.8 or 3.0 is loaded and will not allow
     you to "mix the streams". This would be doable but much more complex if it was
     necessary to add the same logic to all 8 configs involved.
  5) To load Magritte/Pier one must choose which version of Seaside to use, so I
     think it is much more obvious layed out in ConfigurationOfSeaside, especially
     with the doits. I think that the simple Seaside workspace makes the complex
     problem understandable.
  6) ConfigurationOfSeaside has many parrallels to ConfigurationOfPharo or
     ConfigurationOfGLASS. You need a simple starting point and once you understand
     what you want to do, you can clone ConfigurationOfSeaside and pare it down to
     the projects important to you and add in your own projects as well.

In the end I think it is a good strategy to create a "configuration of projects" (like ConfigurationOfPharo) to bring the collection of related projects together.

There probably should be a ConfigurationofWebFrameworks that provides one stop shopping for Aida, Iliad, and Seaside and any other web frameworks...

Dale

El jue, 28-01-2010 a las 10:20 -0800, Dale Henrichs escribió:

> Miguel,
>
> There were several factors:
>
>   1) It isn't possible to upgrade from Seaside2.8 to Seaside3.0. In a single
>      configuration, I expect to be able to #load: '2.0' and later #load: '2.4'
>      and have the right thing happen
>   2) 2.8 and 3.0 are more like separate web frameworks. If you use
>      #loadLatestVersion you will get 3.0 every time. There needs to be a way to
>      #loadLatestVersion for 2.8 independent of 3.0

ok

>   3) The code bases for Magritte and Pier have forked as well. And the issues in
>      point 1 and 2 apply to Magritte and Pier.
>   4) ConfigurationOfSeaside detects whether 2.8 or 3.0 is loaded and will not allow
>      you to "mix the streams". This would be doable but much more complex if it was
>      necessary to add the same logic to all 8 configs involved.

Yes, I saw the spec removeProject. I now understand its usefulness.

>   5) To load Magritte/Pier one must choose which version of Seaside to use, so I
>      think it is much more obvious layed out in ConfigurationOfSeaside, especially
>      with the doits. I think that the simple Seaside workspace makes the complex
>      problem understandable.
>   6) ConfigurationOfSeaside has many parrallels to ConfigurationOfPharo or
>      ConfigurationOfGLASS. You need a simple starting point and once you understand
>      what you want to do, you can clone ConfigurationOfSeaside and pare it down to
>      the projects important to you and add in your own projects as well.

ok

> In the end I think it is a good strategy to create a "configuration of projects" (like ConfigurationOfPharo) to bring the collection of related projects together.
>
> There probably should be a ConfigurationofWebFrameworks that provides one stop shopping for Aida, Iliad, and Seaside and any other web frameworks...

Ok, I got the idea. Thank you very much.

Regards

--
Miguel Cobá
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx