ConfigurationOfSeaside for Pharo 2.0

Torsten Bergmann
Hi @seaside-dev (CC-ing Pharo list and seaside users list):

Pharo 2.0 is upon completion and it would be good to have a working Seaside
running on it out of the box using a ConfigurationOfSeaside accessible
through the configuration browser.

(Aida is also already working this way).

What I currently know from own simple tests and postings is that it is basically
working on Pharo 2.0 using this load script:

  https://github.com/renggli/builder/blob/master/scripts/seaside31-pharo2.st

and then

"Zinc Server"
        Gofer new
                squeaksource: 'ZincHTTPComponents';
                "package: 'Zinc-HTTP';"
                package: 'Zinc-Seaside';
                load.

        "Start Zinc"
        " (ZnZincServerAdaptor port: 8080)
        codec: GRPharoUtf8Codec new;
        start. "

There are some small issue left in #includesSubString: vs. #includesSubstring:
(now in Pharo). I found it in
 - WAAbstractFileLibrary>>updateRoot:,
 - WAFormTag>>isInternetExplorer
 - WARenderContext>>absoluteUrlForResource:

Also when one uploads files using config -> files the methods for the uploaded
content get generated but not packaged with Monticello for whatever reason.

Is there a plan/timeline for having a valid Seaside on top of Pharo available.
Creating an updates ConfigurationOfSeaside was also discussed here on the seaside list
... but still not yet realized.
We all know time is always an issue - but at least I want to start a dicussion
if it is possible (maybe with the help from many using a virtual sprint).

Also is there any plan in moving Seaside to SmalltalkHub as well? Since
there is now infrastructure for CI ready on Pharo side it could be used for
Seaside also.

Any comments?

If possible respond on "seaside-dev" list so it is discussed on one
central place (http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/seaside-dev)

Thanks
T.

Re: [Seaside-dev] Re: [Seaside] ConfigurationOfSeaside for Pharo 2.0

Dale Henrichs
Julian,

FWIW, I have not had the time to port Seaside3.1 to GemStone, yet .... my plate has been too full for too long:( ... I intend to take a crack at the port as soon as I get some free time....

Dale

| Have we even done a stable release of 3.1 yet? I don't even think all the
| 3.0.x fixes have been ported into the 3.1 repository...
|
| On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 8:20 PM, Torsten Bergmann < [hidden email] > wrote:
|

| Hi @seaside-dev (CC-ing Pharo list and seaside users list):
|
| Pharo 2.0 is upon completion and it would be good to have a working Seaside
| running on it out of the box using a ConfigurationOfSeaside accessible
| through the configuration browser.
|
| (Aida is also already working this way).
|
| What I currently know from own simple tests and postings is that it is
| basically
| working on Pharo 2.0 using this load script:
|
| https://github.com/renggli/builder/blob/master/scripts/seaside31-pharo2.st
|
| and then
|
| "Zinc Server"
| Gofer new
| squeaksource: 'ZincHTTPComponents';
| "package: 'Zinc-HTTP';"
| package: 'Zinc-Seaside';
| load.
|
| "Start Zinc"
| " (ZnZincServerAdaptor port: 8080)
| codec: GRPharoUtf8Codec new;
| start. "
|
| There are some small issue left in #includesSubString: vs.
| #includesSubstring:
| (now in Pharo). I found it in
| - WAAbstractFileLibrary>>updateRoot:,
| - WAFormTag>>isInternetExplorer
| - WARenderContext>>absoluteUrlForResource:
|
| Also when one uploads files using config -> files the methods for the
| uploaded
| content get generated but not packaged with Monticello for whatever reason.
|
| Is there a plan/timeline for having a valid Seaside on top of Pharo
| available.
| Creating an updates ConfigurationOfSeaside was also discussed here on the
| seaside list
| ... but still not yet realized.
| We all know time is always an issue - but at least I want to start a
| dicussion
| if it is possible (maybe with the help from many using a virtual sprint).
|
| Also is there any plan in moving Seaside to SmalltalkHub as well? Since
| there is now infrastructure for CI ready on Pharo side it could be used for
| Seaside also.
|
| Any comments?
|
| If possible respond on "seaside-dev" list so it is discussed on one
| central place (
| http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/seaside-dev )
|
| Thanks
| T.

Re: [Seaside] ConfigurationOfSeaside for Pharo 2.0

stephane ducasse
If you need help to write a configuration of I can help.
The problem is that I do not know all the fine grained dependencies.
But I think that we can do it step by step.

On Mar 7, 2013, at 1:18 AM, Julian Fitzell <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hi Stef,

My point was that no 3.1.x version has been released (it's just a development branch) so it seems more logical to include the newest 3.0.x version in Pharo to me. Or to do a release of 3.1 if someone thinks it worthwhile. But others may disagree...

Julian

I have one that's almost done for pharo2 and seaside 3.0.7 (the latest release).  It can also load the unreleased Seaside3.1.

Re: [Seaside] ConfigurationOfSeaside for Pharo 2.0

stephane ducasse

>> If you need help to write a configuration of I can help.
>> The problem is that I do not know all the fine grained dependencies.
>> But I think that we can do it step by step.
>

> I have one that's almost done for pharo2 and seaside 3.0.7 (the latest
> release).  It can also load the unreleased Seaside3.1.

Excellent !
For us we do not really have an opinion on which exact version is important
 but it would be good to have a configuration for one of the recent seaside release.

Stef