ConfigurationOfSeaside3 not working with Pharo 6 ?

ConfigurationOfSeaside3 not working with Pharo 6 ?

cdelaunay
I'm trying to do the following:

- Download latest pharo 6 image from Pharo website (Pharo 6.0
Latest update: #60499)
- From the catalog browser, load the configuration of Seaside3 project.
- From the versionner, try to open project Seaside3

I get an "Error: Name not found: Seaside-Pharo-Development"

This is an error I already saw few time in some build logs.
Does anyone know from where it could come from ?

--
Cyrille Delaunay

Re: ConfigurationOfSeaside3 not working with Pharo 6 ?

Johan Brichau-2
What version of ConfigurationOfSeaside3 is included in the catalog browser?
Is it the latest one from the smalltalkhub repo?
Do you have the same issue with the latest one in the smalltalkhub repo?

cheers
Johan

> On 12 Jun 2017, at 11:24, Cyrille Delaunay <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm trying to do the following:
>
> - Download latest pharo 6 image from Pharo website (Pharo 6.0
> Latest update: #60499)
> - From the catalog browser, load the configuration of Seaside3 project.
> - From the versionner, try to open project Seaside3
>
> I get an "Error: Name not found: Seaside-Pharo-Development"
>
> This is an error I already saw few time in some build logs.
> Does anyone know from where it could come from ?
>

> --
> Cyrille Delaunay

Re: ConfigurationOfSeaside3 not working with Pharo 6 ?

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
I copied

===
Name: ConfigurationOfSeaside3-JohanBrichau.329
Author: JohanBrichau
Time: 10 June 2017, 9:27:01.976577 am
UUID: cc40babf-f70d-0d00-abab-7a1e0e5213ac
Ancestors: ConfigurationOfSeaside3-JohanBrichau.328
===

to MetaRepoForPharo[4|5|6]

> On 12 Jun 2017, at 12:42, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> What version of ConfigurationOfSeaside3 is included in the catalog browser?
> Is it the latest one from the smalltalkhub repo?
> Do you have the same issue with the latest one in the smalltalkhub repo?
>
> cheers
> Johan
>
>> On 12 Jun 2017, at 11:24, Cyrille Delaunay <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I'm trying to do the following:
>>
>> - Download latest pharo 6 image from Pharo website (Pharo 6.0
>> Latest update: #60499)
>> - From the catalog browser, load the configuration of Seaside3 project.
>> - From the versionner, try to open project Seaside3
>>
>> I get an "Error: Name not found: Seaside-Pharo-Development"
>>
>> This is an error I already saw few time in some build logs.
>> Does anyone know from where it could come from ?
>>

>> --
>> Cyrille Delaunay

Re: ConfigurationOfSeaside3 not working with Pharo 6 ?

cdelaunay
Yes, it seems to be this one:

Name: ConfigurationOfSeaside3-JohanBrichau.329
Author: JohanBrichau
Time: 10 June 2017, 9:27:01.976577 am
UUID: cc40babf-f70d-0d00-abab-7a1e0e5213ac
Ancestors: ConfigurationOfSeaside3-JohanBrichau.328

Seaside 3.0.19 also works on Pharo 6

What version of ConfigurationOfSeaside3 is included in the catalog browser?
Is it the latest one from the smalltalkhub repo?
Do you have the same issue with the latest one in the smalltalkhub repo?

cheers
Johan

> On 12 Jun 2017, at 11:24, Cyrille Delaunay <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm trying to do the following:
>
> - Download latest pharo 6 image from Pharo website (Pharo 6.0
> Latest update: #60499)
> - From the catalog browser, load the configuration of Seaside3 project.
> - From the versionner, try to open project Seaside3
>
> I get an "Error: Name not found: Seaside-Pharo-Development"
>
> This is an error I already saw few time in some build logs.
> Does anyone know from where it could come from ?
>

> --
> Cyrille Delaunay

Cyrille Delaunay

Re: ConfigurationOfSeaside3 not working with Pharo 6 ?

Johan Brichau-2
Hi Cyrille,

I repeated the steps you mention:
- load Seaside3 from Catalog browser (default load)
- open Versionner and select Seaside 3.2.2
-> seems to work

Did I miss a step?

cheers
Johan

On 12 Jun 2017, at 15:16, Cyrille Delaunay <[hidden email]> wrote:

Yes, it seems to be this one:

Name: ConfigurationOfSeaside3-JohanBrichau.329
Author: JohanBrichau
Time: 10 June 2017, 9:27:01.976577 am
UUID: cc40babf-f70d-0d00-abab-7a1e0e5213ac
Ancestors: ConfigurationOfSeaside3-JohanBrichau.328

Seaside 3.0.19 also works on Pharo 6

What version of ConfigurationOfSeaside3 is included in the catalog browser?
Is it the latest one from the smalltalkhub repo?
Do you have the same issue with the latest one in the smalltalkhub repo?

cheers
Johan

> On 12 Jun 2017, at 11:24, Cyrille Delaunay <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm trying to do the following:
>
> - Download latest pharo 6 image from Pharo website (Pharo 6.0
> Latest update: #60499)
> - From the catalog browser, load the configuration of Seaside3 project.
> - From the versionner, try to open project Seaside3
>
> I get an "Error: Name not found: Seaside-Pharo-Development"
>
> This is an error I already saw few time in some build logs.
> Does anyone know from where it could come from ?
>

> --
> Cyrille Delaunay

Cyrille Delaunay

Re: ConfigurationOfSeaside3 not working with Pharo 6 ?

CyrilFerlicot
Le 12/06/2017 à 20:51, Johan Brichau a écrit :
> Hi Cyrille,
>
> I repeated the steps you mention:
> - load Seaside3 from Catalog browser (default load)
> - open Versionner and select Seaside 3.2.2
> -> seems to work

Hi Johan,

Sven copied the recent configuration in the catalog today.

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

http://www.synectique.eu
2 rue Jacques Prévert 01,
59650 Villeneuve d'ascq France

Re: ConfigurationOfSeaside3 not working with Pharo 6 ?

cdelaunay
It seems my answer has blocked yesterday, because the screenshots were too big.
Here it is without the screenshots:

"Hi Johan,

Thanks for giving it a try.
From the catalog browser, I only load the configuration (i do not install the stable version of the project)
Then when i open the project from versionner, I get the error."

Author: JohanBrichau
Time: 10 June 2017, 9:27:01.976577 am
UUID: cc40babf-f70d-0d00-abab-7a1e0e5213ac
Ancestors: ConfigurationOfSeaside3-JohanBrichau.328

Seaside 3.0.19 also works on Pharo 6

What version of ConfigurationOfSeaside3 is included in the catalog browser?
Is it the latest one from the smalltalkhub repo?
Do you have the same issue with the latest one in the smalltalkhub repo?

cheers
Johan

> On 12 Jun 2017, at 11:24, Cyrille Delaunay <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm trying to do the following:
>
> - Download latest pharo 6 image from Pharo website (Pharo 6.0
> Latest update: #60499)
> - From the catalog browser, load the configuration of Seaside3 project.
> - From the versionner, try to open project Seaside3
>
> I get an "Error: Name not found: Seaside-Pharo-Development"
>
> This is an error I already saw few time in some build logs.
> Does anyone know from where it could come from ?
>

> --
> Cyrille Delaunay

Cyrille Delaunay

Cyrille Delaunay

Re: ConfigurationOfSeaside3 not working with Pharo 6 ?

Johan Brichau-2
Hi Cyrille,

People are reporting some similar issues. I will look into it.

On 13 Jun 2017, at 09:10, Cyrille Delaunay <[hidden email]> wrote:

It seems my answer has blocked yesterday, because the screenshots were too big.
Here it is without the screenshots:

"Hi Johan,

Thanks for giving it a try.
From the catalog browser, I only load the configuration (i do not install the stable version of the project)

Author: JohanBrichau
Time: 10 June 2017, 9:27:01.976577 am
UUID: cc40babf-f70d-0d00-abab-7a1e0e5213ac
Ancestors: ConfigurationOfSeaside3-JohanBrichau.328

Seaside 3.0.19 also works on Pharo 6

What version of ConfigurationOfSeaside3 is included in the catalog browser?
Is it the latest one from the smalltalkhub repo?
Do you have the same issue with the latest one in the smalltalkhub repo?

cheers
Johan

> On 12 Jun 2017, at 11:24, Cyrille Delaunay <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm trying to do the following:
>
> - Download latest pharo 6 image from Pharo website (Pharo 6.0
> Latest update: #60499)
> - From the catalog browser, load the configuration of Seaside3 project.
> - From the versionner, try to open project Seaside3
>
> I get an "Error: Name not found: Seaside-Pharo-Development"
>
> This is an error I already saw few time in some build logs.
> Does anyone know from where it could come from ?
>

> --
> Cyrille Delaunay

Cyrille Delaunay

Cyrille Delaunay

Re: ConfigurationOfSeaside3 not working with Pharo 6 ?

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi guys,

I am getting the same issue. I am trying to load Seaside 3.1.5 (my production version) into Pharo 6.0 via this code:

 Metacello new
    configuration: 'Seaside3';
 version: '3.1.5';
 load: #('Core' 'Zinc-Seaside' 'Javascript' 'JQuery' 'JSON' 'Email');
    lock.

And I am getting this error:

project group, or package named: 'Seaside-Pharo-Development' not found when used in requires: or includes: field of package: 'Seaside-Tests-Pharo-Development' for version: 3.1.5 of ConfigurationOfSeaside3.

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 6:30 AM, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Cyrille,

People are reporting some similar issues. I will look into it.

On 13 Jun 2017, at 09:10, Cyrille Delaunay <[hidden email]> wrote:

It seems my answer has blocked yesterday, because the screenshots were too big.
Here it is without the screenshots:

"Hi Johan,

Thanks for giving it a try.
From the catalog browser, I only load the configuration (i do not install the stable version of the project)

Author: JohanBrichau
Time: 10 June 2017, 9:27:01.976577 am
UUID: cc40babf-f70d-0d00-abab-7a1e0e5213ac
Ancestors: ConfigurationOfSeaside3-JohanBrichau.328

Seaside 3.0.19 also works on Pharo 6

What version of ConfigurationOfSeaside3 is included in the catalog browser?
Is it the latest one from the smalltalkhub repo?
Do you have the same issue with the latest one in the smalltalkhub repo?

cheers
Johan

> On 12 Jun 2017, at 11:24, Cyrille Delaunay <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm trying to do the following:
>
> - Download latest pharo 6 image from Pharo website (Pharo 6.0
> Latest update: #60499)
> - From the catalog browser, load the configuration of Seaside3 project.
> - From the versionner, try to open project Seaside3
>
> I get an "Error: Name not found: Seaside-Pharo-Development"
>
> This is an error I already saw few time in some build logs.
> Does anyone know from where it could come from ?
>

> --
> Cyrille Delaunay

Cyrille Delaunay

Cyrille Delaunay

Re: ConfigurationOfSeaside3 not working with Pharo 6 ?

Johan Brichau-2
3.1.5 does not work on Pharo6, actually.

Not sure how we can convey this via Metacello

But I will look into the configuration issue asap

Johan

On 13 Jun 2017, at 14:18, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

From the catalog browser, I only load the configuration (i do not install the stable version of the project)

Author: JohanBrichau

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 10:58 AM, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:
3.1.5 does not work on Pharo6, actually.

Uhh... I was afraid of that. And which one does work? only 3.3 ?

I am using 3.1.5 because on GemStone I am still using 3.1.x.
Do you know if Seaside 3.2 or 3.3 is working on GemStone too? In such a case I can try migrating both platforms to a new release...

[...]

From the catalog browser, I only load the configuration (i do not install the stable version of the project)

Author: JohanBrichau
Time: 10 June 2017, 9:27:01.976577 am
UUID: cc40babf-f70d-0d00-abab-7a1e0e5213ac
Ancestors: ConfigurationOfSeaside3-JohanBrichau.328

Seaside 3.0.19 also works on Pharo 6

What version of ConfigurationOfSeaside3 is included in the catalog browser?
Is it the latest one from the smalltalkhub repo?
Do you have the same issue with the latest one in the smalltalkhub repo?

cheers
Johan

> On 12 Jun 2017, at 11:24, Cyrille Delaunay <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm trying to do the following:
>
> - Download latest pharo 6 image from Pharo website (Pharo 6.0
> Latest update: #60499)
> - From the catalog browser, load the configuration of Seaside3 project.
> - From the versionner, try to open project Seaside3
>
> I get an "Error: Name not found: Seaside-Pharo-Development"
>
> This is an error I already saw few time in some build logs.
> Does anyone know from where it could come from ?
>

> --
> Cyrille Delaunay

Cyrille Delaunay

Cyrille Delaunay

Re: ConfigurationOfSeaside3 not working with Pharo 6 ?

Johan Brichau-2
Hi Mariano,

Seaside 3.2.x works on Gemstone. It was even consolidated to have the same code repository for Gemstone and Pharo from 3.2 onwards: https://travis-ci.org/SeasideSt/Seaside
The github repo https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside is the master for all platforms.

As for Pharo 6: only Seaside 3.2.2 is working on Pharo 6. In addition, I made Seaside 3.0.19 work because at Yesplan we are using that version.
I did not look at Seaside 3.1.15 but it should be possible to make the same step as for 3.0.19
It would be great if someone who needs it can step in there ;)

cheers
Johan

On 13 Jun 2017, at 16:49, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

From the catalog browser, I only load the configuration (i do not install the stable version of the project)

Author: JohanBrichau

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 12:07 PM, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Mariano,

Seaside 3.2.x works on Gemstone. It was even consolidated to have the same code repository for Gemstone and Pharo from 3.2 onwards: https://travis-ci.org/SeasideSt/Seaside
The github repo https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside is the master for all platforms.

As for Pharo 6: only Seaside 3.2.2 is working on Pharo 6.

Ok, so as per above 2 paragraphs, then 3.2.2 should work on Pharo 6.0 and 3.2.x on GemStone. Correct?

In addition, I made Seaside 3.0.19 work because at Yesplan we are using that version.

Above you said only 3.2.2 was working on 6.0. But now you said 3.0.19 does too. Can I assume that was released? I am asking just to be sure I understand your answer hahaha.

I did not look at Seaside 3.1.15 but it should be possible to make the same step as for 3.0.19
It would be great if someone who needs it can step in there ;)

Is there an easy way I can see the changes you had to do (in both, Seaside itself and ConfigurationOf)?
Of course, I can try to make it work. At the least, if it loads/works the "Core", I can test Seaisde plus all the dependencies I use.

Thanks!

[...]

From the catalog browser, I only load the configuration (i do not install the stable version of the project)

Author: JohanBrichau
Time: 10 June 2017, 9:27:01.976577 am
UUID: cc40babf-f70d-0d00-abab-7a1e0e5213ac
Ancestors: ConfigurationOfSeaside3-JohanBrichau.328

Seaside 3.0.19 also works on Pharo 6

What version of ConfigurationOfSeaside3 is included in the catalog browser?
Is it the latest one from the smalltalkhub repo?
Do you have the same issue with the latest one in the smalltalkhub repo?

cheers
Johan

> On 12 Jun 2017, at 11:24, Cyrille Delaunay <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm trying to do the following:
>
> - Download latest pharo 6 image from Pharo website (Pharo 6.0
> Latest update: #60499)
> - From the catalog browser, load the configuration of Seaside3 project.
> - From the versionner, try to open project Seaside3
>
> I get an "Error: Name not found: Seaside-Pharo-Development"
>
> This is an error I already saw few time in some build logs.
> Does anyone know from where it could come from ?
>

> --
> Cyrille Delaunay

Cyrille Delaunay

Cyrille Delaunay

Re: ConfigurationOfSeaside3 not working with Pharo 6 ?

Johan Brichau-2
Hi,

I think I fixed the issue in ConfigurationOfSeaside3

Metacello is trying to resolve configurations for previous versions as well (when opening versionner) and when it tries to resolve the packages of 3.1.x, the configuration crashes because it was not adapted for pharo6.
Overall… this is becoming a combinatorial explosion to maintain that config if even older versions need to work on all platforms, so I’m not sure I fixed all issues that are related to this.
In any case, I’m now able to perform the scenario as reported by Cyrille without errors.

Please let me know if you hit any further problems… I’ll try to tackle them, while in the meantime trying to find out how to prevent needing to maintain old versions.

@Mariano, answers to your questions below.

On 13 Jun 2017, at 18:12, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 12:07 PM, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Mariano,

Seaside 3.2.x works on Gemstone. It was even consolidated to have the same code repository for Gemstone and Pharo from 3.2 onwards: https://travis-ci.org/SeasideSt/Seaside
The github repo https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside is the master for all platforms.

As for Pharo 6: only Seaside 3.2.2 is working on Pharo 6.

Ok, so as per above 2 paragraphs, then 3.2.2 should work on Pharo 6.0 and 3.2.x on GemStone. Correct?

Yes.

In addition, I made Seaside 3.0.19 work because at Yesplan we are using that version.

Above you said only 3.2.2 was working on 6.0. But now you said 3.0.19 does too. Can I assume that was released? I am asking just to be sure I understand your answer hahaha.

Yes, it was released.

I did not look at Seaside 3.1.15 but it should be possible to make the same step as for 3.0.19
It would be great if someone who needs it can step in there ;)

Is there an easy way I can see the changes you had to do (in both, Seaside itself and ConfigurationOf)?
Of course, I can try to make it work. At the least, if it loads/works the "Core", I can test Seaisde plus all the dependencies I use.

I did not have to make a new version of Seaside 3.0.19, because I only had to add 1 method.
The package is Seaside-Pharo60-Legacy and now I also added it to 3.1.6.
Seaside 3.1.6 loads in Pharo6 but there are a couple of remaining failing tests. You probably can fix them by taking a look at the corresponding code in 3.2
If you do, you can send me the packages to integrate and I can probably make a version 3.1.6.1

cheers
Johan