Conflic between Shout and PluggableTextMorph in Pharo 1.2

Conflic between Shout and PluggableTextMorph in Pharo 1.2

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi. If you try to load Shout, you will have the error: 'styler is already defined in PluggableTextMorph'

The problem is that the Shut class PluggableShoutMorph subclass PluggableTextMorph.
PluggableShoutMorph has its own instVar 'styler' which PluggableTextMorph doesn't have in Pharo 1.1

But in Pharo 1.2 (I don't know why) PluggableTextMorph has its own instVar 'styler'....thus, the problem.

Of course, if I remove the instVar 'styler' from PluggableShoutMorph it shoud load...but I am not sure if this is the correct action.

Thanks for the help in advance

Mariano

Re: Conflic between Shout and PluggableTextMorph in Pharo 1.2

Stéphane Ducasse
open a ticket :)

Stef

On Jul 29, 2010, at 8:49 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Hi. If you try to load Shout, you will have the error: 'styler is already defined in PluggableTextMorph'
>
> The problem is that the Shut class PluggableShoutMorph subclass PluggableTextMorph.
> PluggableShoutMorph has its own instVar 'styler' which PluggableTextMorph doesn't have in Pharo 1.1
>
> But in Pharo 1.2 (I don't know why) PluggableTextMorph has its own instVar 'styler'....thus, the problem.
>
> Of course, if I remove the instVar 'styler' from PluggableShoutMorph it shoud load...but I am not sure if this is the correct action.
>
> Thanks for the help in advance
>
> Mariano

Re: Conflic between Shout and PluggableTextMorph in Pharo 1.2

Mariano Martinez Peck

It is easy to fix:

a) use the same instVar and I just remove it from Shout
b) rename the instVar in Shout

the problem is that I don't know the correct one

cheers

mariano

On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 5:47 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
open a ticket :)

Stef

On Jul 29, 2010, at 8:49 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Hi. If you try to load Shout, you will have the error: 'styler is already defined in PluggableTextMorph'
>
> The problem is that the Shut class PluggableShoutMorph subclass PluggableTextMorph.
> PluggableShoutMorph has its own instVar 'styler' which PluggableTextMorph doesn't have in Pharo 1.1
>
> But in Pharo 1.2 (I don't know why) PluggableTextMorph has its own instVar 'styler'....thus, the problem.
>
> Of course, if I remove the instVar 'styler' from PluggableShoutMorph it shoud load...but I am not sure if this is the correct action.
>
> Thanks for the help in advance
>
> Mariano

Re: Conflic between Shout and PluggableTextMorph in Pharo 1.2

Stéphane Ducasse
I see styler was only in the Plus variation....

Now styler is used in PluggableTextMorph so may be a default null Styler would be better than all these okToStyle check
everywhere.

So I would remove styler from shout and tag the version for 1.2.