Congratulation Doru, Tudor Gîrba

Alexandre Bergel-5
Dear colleges and friends,

It is a great pleasure for me to send this email.
A couple of days ago AITO officially announced that the junior prize of the AITO Dahl-Nygaard Prize Winners is given to Doru, Tudor Gîrba. The award will be given at the ECOOP conference, this year, in Uppsala, Sweden. AITO is the non-profit organization who is behind ECOOP.

The prestigious Dahl-Nygaard award is given to "individuals that have made significant technical contributions to the field of Object-Orientation”. ECOOP is the high-caliber European conference on object-orientation. The European version of OOPSLA.

I have known Doru for year, when we were doing our PhD in Bern under the supervision of Stéphane Ducasse and Oscar Nierstrasz. Doru’s work and ideas have had a great impact on the Pharo and Smalltalk community.

Doru is member of the Pharo board. Doru authored Glamour, GTToolKit and many more applications. Doru is not only a great researcher, a great engineer or a great speaker. He is also a great leader. Doru is the main architect of the Moose effort, and a great coordinator in the Moose and Pharo communities. Doru authored Humane Assessment, "the method for making software engineering decisions".

Doru’s work has had a great impact on my personal work. Roassal is an extension of the ideas first presented in Mondrian, which was first authored by Doru and his student around 2005. Without Doru, Moose would not be as it is now.

Doru, we are happy to have you with us! This international recognition will drag up all of us.

Links:
http://www.tudorgirba.com
http://www.humane-assessment.com
http://www.aito.org/Dahl-Nygaard/2014.html

Big big clap!
Alexandre
Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Congratulation Doru, Tudor Gîrba

Noury Bouraqadi-2
Kudos Doru!

Noury
On 10 avr. 2014, at 16:58, Alexandre Bergel wrote:

> Dear colleges and friends,
>
> It is a great pleasure for me to send this email.
> A couple of days ago AITO officially announced that the junior prize of the AITO Dahl-Nygaard Prize Winners is given to Doru, Tudor Gîrba. The award will be given at the ECOOP conference, this year, in Uppsala, Sweden. AITO is the non-profit organization who is behind ECOOP.
>
> The prestigious Dahl-Nygaard award is given to "individuals that have made significant technical contributions to the field of Object-Orientation”. ECOOP is the high-caliber European conference on object-orientation. The European version of OOPSLA.
>
> I have known Doru for year, when we were doing our PhD in Bern under the supervision of Stéphane Ducasse and Oscar Nierstrasz. Doru’s work and ideas have had a great impact on the Pharo and Smalltalk community.
>
> Doru is member of the Pharo board. Doru authored Glamour, GTToolKit and many more applications. Doru is not only a great researcher, a great engineer or a great speaker. He is also a great leader. Doru is the main architect of the Moose effort, and a great coordinator in the Moose and Pharo communities. Doru authored Humane Assessment, "the method for making software engineering decisions".
>
> Doru’s work has had a great impact on my personal work. Roassal is an extension of the ideas first presented in Mondrian, which was first authored by Doru and his student around 2005. Without Doru, Moose would not be as it is now.
>
> Doru, we are happy to have you with us! This international recognition will drag up all of us.
>
> Links:
> http://www.tudorgirba.com
> http://www.humane-assessment.com
> http://www.aito.org/Dahl-Nygaard/2014.html
>
> Big big clap!
> Alexandre

Noury
--
http://twitter.com/#!/NouryBouraqadi
http://car.mines-douai.fr/noury

Re: Congratulation Doru, Tudor Gîrba

Johan Brichau-2
A prize well-deserved!

Congrats Doru!

Johan

> On 10 Apr 2014, at 16:58, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear colleges and friends,
>
> It is a great pleasure for me to send this email.
> A couple of days ago AITO officially announced that the junior prize of the AITO Dahl-Nygaard Prize Winners is given to Doru, Tudor Gîrba. The award will be given at the ECOOP conference, this year, in Uppsala, Sweden. AITO is the non-profit organization who is behind ECOOP.
>
> The prestigious Dahl-Nygaard award is given to "individuals that have made significant technical contributions to the field of Object-Orientation”. ECOOP is the high-caliber European conference on object-orientation. The European version of OOPSLA.
>
> I have known Doru for year, when we were doing our PhD in Bern under the supervision of Stéphane Ducasse and Oscar Nierstrasz. Doru’s work and ideas have had a great impact on the Pharo and Smalltalk community.
>
> Doru is member of the Pharo board. Doru authored Glamour, GTToolKit and many more applications. Doru is not only a great researcher, a great engineer or a great speaker. He is also a great leader. Doru is the main architect of the Moose effort, and a great coordinator in the Moose and Pharo communities. Doru authored Humane Assessment, "the method for making software engineering decisions".
>
> Doru’s work has had a great impact on my personal work. Roassal is an extension of the ideas first presented in Mondrian, which was first authored by Doru and his student around 2005. Without Doru, Moose would not be as it is now.
>
> Doru, we are happy to have you with us! This international recognition will drag up all of us.
>
> Links:
> http://www.tudorgirba.com
> http://www.humane-assessment.com
> http://www.aito.org/Dahl-Nygaard/2014.html
>
> Big big clap!
> Alexandre

Re: Congratulation Doru, Tudor Gîrba

Annick Fron-3
Congratulations Doru !
Annick Fron
Le 10 avr. 2014 à 20:53, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> A prize well-deserved!
>
> Congrats Doru!
>
> Johan
>
>> On 10 Apr 2014, at 16:58, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Dear colleges and friends,
>>
>> It is a great pleasure for me to send this email.
>> A couple of days ago AITO officially announced that the junior prize of the AITO Dahl-Nygaard Prize Winners is given to Doru, Tudor Gîrba. The award will be given at the ECOOP conference, this year, in Uppsala, Sweden. AITO is the non-profit organization who is behind ECOOP.
>>
>> The prestigious Dahl-Nygaard award is given to "individuals that have made significant technical contributions to the field of Object-Orientation”. ECOOP is the high-caliber European conference on object-orientation. The European version of OOPSLA.
>>
>> I have known Doru for year, when we were doing our PhD in Bern under the supervision of Stéphane Ducasse and Oscar Nierstrasz. Doru’s work and ideas have had a great impact on the Pharo and Smalltalk community.
>>
>> Doru is member of the Pharo board. Doru authored Glamour, GTToolKit and many more applications. Doru is not only a great researcher, a great engineer or a great speaker. He is also a great leader. Doru is the main architect of the Moose effort, and a great coordinator in the Moose and Pharo communities. Doru authored Humane Assessment, "the method for making software engineering decisions".
>>
>> Doru’s work has had a great impact on my personal work. Roassal is an extension of the ideas first presented in Mondrian, which was first authored by Doru and his student around 2005. Without Doru, Moose would not be as it is now.
>>
>> Doru, we are happy to have you with us! This international recognition will drag up all of us.
>>
>> Links:
>> http://www.tudorgirba.com
>> http://www.humane-assessment.com
>> http://www.aito.org/Dahl-Nygaard/2014.html
>>
>> Big big clap!
>> Alexandre
>> --
>> _,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:
>> Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu
>> ^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.

Re: Congratulation Doru, Tudor Gîrba

Stephan Eggermont-3
NIce, Well done, Doru!

Stephan Eggermont
Sensus, systems that make sense
www.legacycode.nl

On 10 apr. 2014, at 16:58, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear colleges and friends,
>
> It is a great pleasure for me to send this email.
> A couple of days ago AITO officially announced that the junior prize of the AITO Dahl-Nygaard Prize Winners is given to Doru, Tudor Gîrba. The award will be given at the ECOOP conference, this year, in Uppsala, Sweden. AITO is the non-profit organization who is behind ECOOP.
>
> The prestigious Dahl-Nygaard award is given to "individuals that have made significant technical contributions to the field of Object-Orientation”. ECOOP is the high-caliber European conference on object-orientation. The European version of OOPSLA.
>
> I have known Doru for year, when we were doing our PhD in Bern under the supervision of Stéphane Ducasse and Oscar Nierstrasz. Doru’s work and ideas have had a great impact on the Pharo and Smalltalk community.
>
> Doru is member of the Pharo board. Doru authored Glamour, GTToolKit and many more applications. Doru is not only a great researcher, a great engineer or a great speaker. He is also a great leader. Doru is the main architect of the Moose effort, and a great coordinator in the Moose and Pharo communities. Doru authored Humane Assessment, "the method for making software engineering decisions".
>
> Doru’s work has had a great impact on my personal work. Roassal is an extension of the ideas first presented in Mondrian, which was first authored by Doru and his student around 2005. Without Doru, Moose would not be as it is now.
>
> Doru, we are happy to have you with us! This international recognition will drag up all of us.
>
> Links:
> http://www.tudorgirba.com
> http://www.humane-assessment.com
> http://www.aito.org/Dahl-Nygaard/2014.html
>
> Big big clap!
> Alexandre

Re: Congratulation Doru, Tudor Gîrba

Bernard Pottier
Le 10/04/2014 21:46, Annick Fron a écrit :
> Congratulations Doru !
> Annick Fronhttp://www.challenges.fr/entreprise/20130114.CHA5094/le-chantier-de-l-aeroport-de-berlin-risee-de-toute-l-allemagne.html

Yes, greetings. I don't know what is this prize and your contributions,
but I congratulate with everyone.

Beside, I remember the efforts done to cover SIMD architectures from
Smalltalk.
It was the interactions with the runtime of MasPar writen in Smalltalk
(1990)
that produce a good understanding of what happen on the parallel matrix
with assertions and visualization of  conditions.

All these things would be very useful for current GPUs, beside the
excellent 1 thread VM
we know. It is a pity that nobody want to redo this work and fund a little
bit progresses to bind seriously Smalltalk to actual hardwares. Probably
a good master student could do it with a small stipend, or even myself,
to be freed
from this question.

Cheers

Joeux Noel
Bernard
(I promised to retire from Esug, but I still receive mails, soory)

> Le 10 avr. 2014 à 20:53, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
>> A prize well-deserved!
>>
>> Congrats Doru!
>>
>> Johan
>>
>>> On 10 Apr 2014, at 16:58, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear colleges and friends,
>>>
>>> It is a great pleasure for me to send this email.
>>> A couple of days ago AITO officially announced that the junior prize of the AITO Dahl-Nygaard Prize Winners is given to Doru, Tudor Gîrba. The award will be given at the ECOOP conference, this year, in Uppsala, Sweden. AITO is the non-profit organization who is behind ECOOP.
>>>
>>> The prestigious Dahl-Nygaard award is given to "individuals that have made significant technical contributions to the field of Object-Orientation”. ECOOP is the high-caliber European conference on object-orientation. The European version of OOPSLA.
>>>
>>> I have known Doru for year, when we were doing our PhD in Bern under the supervision of Stéphane Ducasse and Oscar Nierstrasz. Doru’s work and ideas have had a great impact on the Pharo and Smalltalk community.
>>>
>>> Doru is member of the Pharo board. Doru authored Glamour, GTToolKit and many more applications. Doru is not only a great researcher, a great engineer or a great speaker. He is also a great leader. Doru is the main architect of the Moose effort, and a great coordinator in the Moose and Pharo communities. Doru authored Humane Assessment, "the method for making software engineering decisions".
>>>
>>> Doru’s work has had a great impact on my personal work. Roassal is an extension of the ideas first presented in Mondrian, which was first authored by Doru and his student around 2005. Without Doru, Moose would not be as it is now.
>>>
>>> Doru, we are happy to have you with us! This international recognition will drag up all of us.
>>>
>>> Links:
>>> http://www.tudorgirba.com
>>> http://www.humane-assessment.com
>>> http://www.aito.org/Dahl-Nygaard/2014.html
>>>
>>> Big big clap!
>>> Alexandre
>>> --
>>> _,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:
>>> Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu
>>> ^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.

Re: Congratulation Doru, Tudor Gîrba

Graham McLeod
Very good news and well done Doru!
I have always been impressed with your work on Moose and software improvement as well as contributions like Glamour.

Graham McLeod

10 April 2014 at 4:58 PM
[...]

mcleod.vcf (559 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Congratulation Doru, Tudor Gîrba

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Alexandre Bergel-5 wrote
... the junior prize of the AITO Dahl-Nygaard Prize Winners is given to Doru, Tudor Gîrba
Fantastic! Congrats, Doru :) Keep it up!!
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Congratulation Doru, Tudor Gîrba

Nowak, Helge
Wow! Congratulations Doru!!!
Helge

Re: Congratulation Doru, Tudor Gîrba

Luc Fabresse
Yes congrats Doru!

#Luc

Wow! Congratulations Doru!!!
Helge

Re: Congratulation Doru, Tudor Gîrba

Stefan Berger
Congrats Doru!! Chapeau!

Stefan

On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 9:42 AM, Luc Fabresse <[hidden email]> wrote:

Yes congrats Doru!

#Luc

Wow! Congratulations Doru!!!
Helge