Congratulation Doru Tudor Gîrba!

abergel
Dear colleges and friends,

It is a great pleasure for me to send this email.
A couple of days ago AITO officially announced that the junior prize of the AITO Dahl-Nygaard Prize Winners is given to Doru, Tudor Gîrba. The award will be given at the ECOOP conference, this year, in Uppsala, Sweden. AITO is the non-profit organization who is behind ECOOP.

The prestigious Dahl-Nygaard award is given to "individuals that have made significant technical contributions to the field of Object-Orientation”. ECOOP is the high-caliber European conference on object-orientation. The European version of OOPSLA.

I have known Doru for year, when we were doing our PhD in Bern under the supervision of Stéphane Ducasse and Oscar Nierstrasz. Doru’s work and ideas have had a great impact on the Pharo and Smalltalk community.

Doru is member of the Pharo board. Doru authored Glamour, GTToolKit and many more applications. Doru is not only a great researcher, a great engineer or a great speaker. He is also a great leader. Doru is the main architect of the Moose effort, and a great coordinator in the Moose and Pharo communities. Doru authored Humane Assessment, "the method for making software engineering decisions".

Doru’s work has had a great impact on my personal work. Roassal is an extension of the ideas first presented in Mondrian, which was first authored by Doru and his student around 2005. Without Doru, Moose would not be as it is now.

Doru, we are happy to have you with us! This international recognition will drag up all of us.

Links:
http://www.tudorgirba.com
http://www.humane-assessment.com
http://www.aito.org/Dahl-Nygaard/2014.html

Big big clap!
Alexandre
Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Congratulation Doru Tudor Gîrba!

Max Leske
Congratulations Doru! Well deserved!

On 10.04.2014, at 16:57, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear colleges and friends,
>
> It is a great pleasure for me to send this email.
> A couple of days ago AITO officially announced that the junior prize of the AITO Dahl-Nygaard Prize Winners is given to Doru, Tudor Gîrba. The award will be given at the ECOOP conference, this year, in Uppsala, Sweden. AITO is the non-profit organization who is behind ECOOP.
>
> The prestigious Dahl-Nygaard award is given to "individuals that have made significant technical contributions to the field of Object-Orientation”. ECOOP is the high-caliber European conference on object-orientation. The European version of OOPSLA.
>
> I have known Doru for year, when we were doing our PhD in Bern under the supervision of Stéphane Ducasse and Oscar Nierstrasz. Doru’s work and ideas have had a great impact on the Pharo and Smalltalk community.
>
> Doru is member of the Pharo board. Doru authored Glamour, GTToolKit and many more applications. Doru is not only a great researcher, a great engineer or a great speaker. He is also a great leader. Doru is the main architect of the Moose effort, and a great coordinator in the Moose and Pharo communities. Doru authored Humane Assessment, "the method for making software engineering decisions".
>
> Doru’s work has had a great impact on my personal work. Roassal is an extension of the ideas first presented in Mondrian, which was first authored by Doru and his student around 2005. Without Doru, Moose would not be as it is now.
>
> Doru, we are happy to have you with us! This international recognition will drag up all of us.
>
> Links:
> http://www.tudorgirba.com
> http://www.humane-assessment.com
> http://www.aito.org/Dahl-Nygaard/2014.html
>
> Big big clap!
> Alexandre

Re: Congratulation Doru Tudor Gîrba!

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Yes, super !

I would also add that he is an excellent communicator, doing great presentations, slide decks and blog posts. I am proud that he is part of our community.

On 10 Apr 2014, at 17:05, Max Leske <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations Doru! Well deserved!
>

> On 10.04.2014, at 16:57, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Dear colleges and friends,
>>
>> It is a great pleasure for me to send this email.
>> A couple of days ago AITO officially announced that the junior prize of the AITO Dahl-Nygaard Prize Winners is given to Doru, Tudor Gîrba. The award will be given at the ECOOP conference, this year, in Uppsala, Sweden. AITO is the non-profit organization who is behind ECOOP.
>>
>> The prestigious Dahl-Nygaard award is given to "individuals that have made significant technical contributions to the field of Object-Orientation”. ECOOP is the high-caliber European conference on object-orientation. The European version of OOPSLA.
>>
>> I have known Doru for year, when we were doing our PhD in Bern under the supervision of Stéphane Ducasse and Oscar Nierstrasz. Doru’s work and ideas have had a great impact on the Pharo and Smalltalk community.
>>
>> Doru is member of the Pharo board. Doru authored Glamour, GTToolKit and many more applications. Doru is not only a great researcher, a great engineer or a great speaker. He is also a great leader. Doru is the main architect of the Moose effort, and a great coordinator in the Moose and Pharo communities. Doru authored Humane Assessment, "the method for making software engineering decisions".
>>
>> Doru’s work has had a great impact on my personal work. Roassal is an extension of the ideas first presented in Mondrian, which was first authored by Doru and his student around 2005. Without Doru, Moose would not be as it is now.
>>
>> Doru, we are happy to have you with us! This international recognition will drag up all of us.
>>
>> Links:
>> http://www.tudorgirba.com
>> http://www.humane-assessment.com
>> http://www.aito.org/Dahl-Nygaard/2014.html
>>
>> Big big clap!
>> Alexandre
>> --
>> _,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:
>> Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu
>> ^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.

Re: Congratulation Doru Tudor Gîrba!

Esteban A. Maringolo
What a honor to have him as a Board Member! Congratulations Tudor!

Esteban A. Maringolo

> Yes, super !
>
> I would also add that he is an excellent communicator, doing great presentations, slide decks and blog posts. I am proud that he is part of our community.
>
> On 10 Apr 2014, at 17:05, Max Leske <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Congratulations Doru! Well deserved!
>>

>> On 10.04.2014, at 16:57, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear colleges and friends,
>>>
>>> It is a great pleasure for me to send this email.
>>> A couple of days ago AITO officially announced that the junior prize of the AITO Dahl-Nygaard Prize Winners is given to Doru, Tudor Gîrba. The award will be given at the ECOOP conference, this year, in Uppsala, Sweden. AITO is the non-profit organization who is behind ECOOP.
>>>
>>> The prestigious Dahl-Nygaard award is given to "individuals that have made significant technical contributions to the field of Object-Orientation". ECOOP is the high-caliber European conference on object-orientation. The European version of OOPSLA.
>>>
>>> I have known Doru for year, when we were doing our PhD in Bern under the supervision of Stéphane Ducasse and Oscar Nierstrasz. Doru's work and ideas have had a great impact on the Pharo and Smalltalk community.
>>>
>>> Doru is member of the Pharo board. Doru authored Glamour, GTToolKit and many more applications. Doru is not only a great researcher, a great engineer or a great speaker. He is also a great leader. Doru is the main architect of the Moose effort, and a great coordinator in the Moose and Pharo communities. Doru authored Humane Assessment, "the method for making software engineering decisions".
>>>
>>> Doru's work has had a great impact on my personal work. Roassal is an extension of the ideas first presented in Mondrian, which was first authored by Doru and his student around 2005. Without Doru, Moose would not be as it is now.
>>>
>>> Doru, we are happy to have you with us! This international recognition will drag up all of us.
>>>
>>> Links:
>>> http://www.tudorgirba.com
>>> http://www.humane-assessment.com
>>> http://www.aito.org/Dahl-Nygaard/2014.html
>>>
>>> Big big clap!
>>> Alexandre
>>> --
>>> _,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:
>>> Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu
>>> ^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.

Re: Congratulation Doru Tudor Gîrba!

philippeback

Congratulations!

Le 10 avr. 2014 17:33, "Esteban A. Maringolo" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
What a honor to have him as a Board Member! Congratulations Tudor!

Esteban A. Maringolo

> Yes, super !
>
> I would also add that he is an excellent communicator, doing great presentations, slide decks and blog posts. I am proud that he is part of our community.
>
> On 10 Apr 2014, at 17:05, Max Leske <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Congratulations Doru! Well deserved!
>>

>> On 10.04.2014, at 16:57, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear colleges and friends,
>>>
>>> It is a great pleasure for me to send this email.
>>> A couple of days ago AITO officially announced that the junior prize of the AITO Dahl-Nygaard Prize Winners is given to Doru, Tudor Gîrba. The award will be given at the ECOOP conference, this year, in Uppsala, Sweden. AITO is the non-profit organization who is behind ECOOP.
>>>
>>> The prestigious Dahl-Nygaard award is given to "individuals that have made significant technical contributions to the field of Object-Orientation". ECOOP is the high-caliber European conference on object-orientation. The European version of OOPSLA.
>>>
>>> I have known Doru for year, when we were doing our PhD in Bern under the supervision of Stéphane Ducasse and Oscar Nierstrasz. Doru's work and ideas have had a great impact on the Pharo and Smalltalk community.
>>>
>>> Doru is member of the Pharo board. Doru authored Glamour, GTToolKit and many more applications. Doru is not only a great researcher, a great engineer or a great speaker. He is also a great leader. Doru is the main architect of the Moose effort, and a great coordinator in the Moose and Pharo communities. Doru authored Humane Assessment, "the method for making software engineering decisions".
>>>
>>> Doru's work has had a great impact on my personal work. Roassal is an extension of the ideas first presented in Mondrian, which was first authored by Doru and his student around 2005. Without Doru, Moose would not be as it is now.
>>>
>>> Doru, we are happy to have you with us! This international recognition will drag up all of us.
>>>
>>> Links:
>>> http://www.tudorgirba.com
>>> http://www.humane-assessment.com
>>> http://www.aito.org/Dahl-Nygaard/2014.html
>>>
>>> Big big clap!
>>> Alexandre
>>> --
>>> _,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:
>>> Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu
>>> ^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.

Re: Congratulation Doru Tudor Gîrba!

Usman Bhatti
Congratulations!!
A well-deserved award for your achievements. It brings prestige to our community as well.

And thanks Alex for sharing the news.

regards,
Usman

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 4:57 PM, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Peter Hugosson-Miller
Many congratulations, Doru!

Hey, Uppsala is just 60km from where I live, so hopefully I'll be able to come and witness the prize-giving :-)

Peter

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 5:53 PM, Usman Bhatti <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Juraj Kubelka-5
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Congratulation Doru Tudor Gîrba!

jannik laval
Congrats Doru !

Jannik

Congratulations Doru :)

Jura

--
Juraj Kubelka

> El 10/04/2014, a las 11:57, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> escribió:
>
> Dear colleges and friends,
>
> It is a great pleasure for me to send this email.
> A couple of days ago AITO officially announced that the junior prize of the AITO Dahl-Nygaard Prize Winners is given to Doru, Tudor Gîrba. The award will be given at the ECOOP conference, this year, in Uppsala, Sweden. AITO is the non-profit organization who is behind ECOOP.
>
> The prestigious Dahl-Nygaard award is given to "individuals that have made significant technical contributions to the field of Object-Orientation”. ECOOP is the high-caliber European conference on object-orientation. The European version of OOPSLA.
>
> I have known Doru for year, when we were doing our PhD in Bern under the supervision of Stéphane Ducasse and Oscar Nierstrasz. Doru’s work and ideas have had a great impact on the Pharo and Smalltalk community.
>
> Doru is member of the Pharo board. Doru authored Glamour, GTToolKit and many more applications. Doru is not only a great researcher, a great engineer or a great speaker. He is also a great leader. Doru is the main architect of the Moose effort, and a great coordinator in the Moose and Pharo communities. Doru authored Humane Assessment, "the method for making software engineering decisions".
>
> Doru’s work has had a great impact on my personal work. Roassal is an extension of the ideas first presented in Mondrian, which was first authored by Doru and his student around 2005. Without Doru, Moose would not be as it is now.
>
> Doru, we are happy to have you with us! This international recognition will drag up all of us.
>
> Links:
> http://www.tudorgirba.com
> http://www.humane-assessment.com
> http://www.aito.org/Dahl-Nygaard/2014.html
>
> Big big clap!
> Alexandre

~~Jannik Laval~~
École des Mines de Douai
Enseignant-chercheur
http://www.jannik-laval.eu
http://www.phratch.com
http://car.mines-douai.fr/

Re: Congratulation Doru Tudor Gîrba!

sebastianconcept@gmail.co
Fantastic

Glad to know that a smalltalker has contributed with something of significance and had broader community recognition

Glad for you Doru!

sebastian

o/

> On 10/04/2014, at 11:57, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear colleges and friends,
>
> It is a great pleasure for me to send this email.
> A couple of days ago AITO officially announced that the junior prize of the AITO Dahl-Nygaard Prize Winners is given to Doru, Tudor Gîrba. The award will be given at the ECOOP conference, this year, in Uppsala, Sweden. AITO is the non-profit organization who is behind ECOOP.
>
> The prestigious Dahl-Nygaard award is given to "individuals that have made significant technical contributions to the field of Object-Orientation”. ECOOP is the high-caliber European conference on object-orientation. The European version of OOPSLA.
>
> I have known Doru for year, when we were doing our PhD in Bern under the supervision of Stéphane Ducasse and Oscar Nierstrasz. Doru’s work and ideas have had a great impact on the Pharo and Smalltalk community.
>
> Doru is member of the Pharo board. Doru authored Glamour, GTToolKit and many more applications. Doru is not only a great researcher, a great engineer or a great speaker. He is also a great leader. Doru is the main architect of the Moose effort, and a great coordinator in the Moose and Pharo communities. Doru authored Humane Assessment, "the method for making software engineering decisions".
>
> Doru’s work has had a great impact on my personal work. Roassal is an extension of the ideas first presented in Mondrian, which was first authored by Doru and his student around 2005. Without Doru, Moose would not be as it is now.
>
> Doru, we are happy to have you with us! This international recognition will drag up all of us.
>
> Links:
> http://www.tudorgirba.com
> http://www.humane-assessment.com
> http://www.aito.org/Dahl-Nygaard/2014.html
>
> Big big clap!
> Alexandre

Re: Congratulation Doru Tudor Gîrba!

Tudor Girba-2
Hello,

(I apologize for the late reply but I was offline for a week looking after a health/family matter)

Thank you everyone for the kinds words. This award is a complete surprise, and reading your messages made me realize once again the privilege I had for all these 12 years.

Working in a Smalltalk-inspired world is indeed inspiring. But, what makes it a privilege is working with all of you. And, I am not saying it just for the sake of it.

Cheers,
Doru

"Every thing has its own flow"