Connect with twitter with OAuth. Problem with X509

Connect with twitter with OAuth. Problem with X509

Sebastian Feijoo
Hello, I'm working with vwnc7.8 and I have to connect to Twitter. After loading OAuth and other packages, I have to load the package X509, but I get this exception:

Unhandled exception: The identifier Security.X509 has no binding
StrictBindingReference(Object)>>error:
StrictBindingReference(GeneralBindingReference)>>binding
StrictBindingReference(GeneralBindingReference)>>value

Any idea?

Re: Connect with twitter with OAuth. Problem with X509

Holger Guhl
Do you really load a Package (from Store) or a Parcel (from the Parcel Manager)?
Parcel loading should work, since I did that recently without troubles.
If it's really from Store, try to load with Atomic Loading disabled (see Settings Tool, "Store>Loading Policies").
With pure chance I saw Security.X509Certificate and its initializer. Maybe the reference to Security.X509.Certificate cannot be resolved. This should not happen since initializers are run at the end of loading. Maybe Atomic Load is active and refers to an outdated or unbound reference.
If this is not the case, you must send your request again and provide a full stack dump. See Debugger menu item "Copy Stack Report" which dumps the stack into the clipboard.

Cheers
Holger Guhl
--
Senior Consultant * Certified Scrum Master * [hidden email]
Tel: +49 231 9 75 99 21 * Fax: +49 231 9 75 99 20

Am 27.09.2011 05:43, schrieb Sebastian Feijoo:
Hello, I'm working with vwnc7.8 and I have to connect to Twitter. After loading OAuth and other packages, I have to load the package X509, but I get this exception:

Unhandled exception: The identifier Security.X509 has no binding
StrictBindingReference(Object)>>error:
StrictBindingReference(GeneralBindingReference)>>binding
StrictBindingReference(GeneralBindingReference)>>value

Any idea?

Re: Connect with twitter with OAuth. Problem with X509

Alan Knight-2
X.509 certificates require encryption code, which at the request of our legal department is no longer included with the download versions of the products. If you look at the Transcript load messages you should see messages to that effect. Customers can get the encryption code, subject to them being in a country that US export regulations approve of. We hope to replace the Smalltalk-level encryption code with a mechanism that delegates the actual encryption out to system libraries, either Microsoft's BCrypt or OpenSSL's libcrypto in the next release.

[hidden email]
27 September, 2011 1:28 PM

[...]

26 September, 2011 11:43 PM