Connection string on MySQL

Oleg Richards
Hello Guys!

I've spent 3 hours analyzing how does glorp connection works through
exdi interface. Everything is clear, but there is a problem with mysql
database select.I can easily set my database through MySQLConnection
database method, but i want to use glorp database accessor. It
instances connection class only on login method, so it tries to
connect to default mysql database which is not good. Is there a good
way to choose database directly in connection string like we have in
postgree or i should patch some methods to provide such functionality
by myself. If you want i can apply it to public store?

Cheers,
Oleg

Re: Connection string on MySQL

Wallen, David
MySQL uses the term "database" to mean what Glorp calls the "schema". I
had thought that you could set your MySQL database using the #schema:
method on GlorpLogin. But I might be wrong. What version of vw are you
using?

- Dave

Behalf

> Of Oleg Richards
> Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2010 3:48 AM
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [vwnc] Connection string on MySQL
>
> Hello Guys!
>
> I've spent 3 hours analyzing how does glorp connection works through
> exdi interface. Everything is clear, but there is a problem with mysql
> database select.I can easily set my database through MySQLConnection
> database method, but i want to use glorp database accessor. It
> instances connection class only on login method, so it tries to
> connect to default mysql database which is not good. Is there a good
> way to choose database directly in connection string like we have in
> postgree or i should patch some methods to provide such functionality
> by myself. If you want i can apply it to public store?
>
> Cheers,
> Oleg

Re: Connection string on MySQL

Wallen, David
Hi Oleg,

Sorry for my incomplete response. I just checked against VW7.7. It looks
like this is fixed in the upcoming release, so you may want to
incorporate your own patch in the meantime. The idea, as you have
already figured out, is to use the apply the login schema accessor to
set the mysql connection database:.

- Dave