Consolidating a generated Library

1 message Options

Consolidating a generated Library

Steve Waring-2
Hi,

I am trying to cut back the size of a package which has been generated by
the ATX Component Wizard. Is there a correct way of doing this?

As a test, I just deleted classes that I was not referencing, and classes
that were being referenced from helper methods I was not using (along with
the helper methods). When I reinstalled the slimmed down package, I got
walkbacks in a couple of the class side #defineFunctions methods. I
commented out those methods, and the package re-installed. My unit tests run
at 100%, so this hasnt effected the functionality of the interfaces, but I
think I have left them in an inconsistent state.

I see that in the ATX Component wizard #defineFunctions is now an option,
what does this do? It seems to be used on start up to generate functions,
what would I lose if I deleted the #defineFunction methods or didnt generate
them at all?

If I only used a couple of methods from a couple of classes, could I just
delete the other methods, and the #defineFunction method?, and then if in
the future I need the fuller interface, could I use the ATX Component Wizard
to regenerate the interface?

Lastly, is there a comment somewhere that describes the difference between
the High-level wrapper methods options? I am guessing that I should
regenerate the interface with this set to minimal, (which will stop
extraneous class being generated), and defineFunctions set to off?

Thanks
Steve