Consortium memberships brainstorming and ideas

Consortium memberships brainstorming and ideas

Stéphane Ducasse
HI

We would like to get your point of view about the following (we discussed with INRIA lawyer and others.

Goal: Remember we want to be able to pay an engineer (cost 55K).

Constraints: We do not want a special license for people participating to the consortium and the others.
        It means that members may not have immediate advantages like 10% reduction :).
        But it also means that the system is clean, simple, ….

Proposals:

Individual Member:
        - Free membership

Institutional Member: (like Lab, University….)
        - 1000 Euros

Company
        - First level support: 2000-3000 Euros

        - Extended Support: 5000-6000 Euros

Then finally we want to have a donation for  >500 Euros

Now with these numbers: we can do it. It may be tight but this would be a huge success!

we need
        20 first level support
                2000 Euros * 20 = 40000
        two extended
                5000 Euros * 2 = 12000

5 institutionals
                5* 1000 = 5000

Gift:
                500 * 10 = 5000

So let us know what do you think?

Re: Consortium memberships brainstorming and ideas

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

I think the individual membership should not be free. Being part of the consortium should be meaningful.

So, I propose that a membership requires one of two:
1. make a gift, or
2. present the evidence of three relevant commits to Pharo or adjacent projects.

Of course, most people will fall under the second category anyway. But, like this, when one adds the badge of "Proud Pharo supporter" to his webpage it has a factual meaning.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Doru

p.s. And 5000 * 2 = 10000. Luckily, it's probably not going to be Stef taking care of the finance details :)

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"There are no old things, there are only old ways of looking at them."

On Dec 3, 2011, at 10:35 AM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think the individual membership should not be free. Being part of the consortium should be meaningful.
>
> So, I propose that a membership requires one of two:
> 1. make a gift, or
> 2. present the evidence of three relevant commits to Pharo or adjacent projects.
>
> Of course, most people will fall under the second category anyway. But, like this, when one adds the badge of "Proud Pharo supporter" to his webpage it has a factual meaning.
>
> What do you think?

this is ok for me.

> Cheers,
> Doru
>
> p.s. And 5000 * 2 = 10000. Luckily, it's probably not going to be Stef taking care of the finance details :)

Indeed I was thinking about the about the other range.

Stef

> On 3 Dec 2011, at 10:00, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> HI
>>
>> We would like to get your point of view about the following (we discussed with INRIA lawyer and others.
>>

>> Goal: Remember we want to be able to pay an engineer (cost 55K).
>>
>> Constraints: We do not want a special license for people participating to the consortium and the others.
>> It means that members may not have immediate advantages like 10% reduction :).
>> But it also means that the system is clean, simple, ….
>>

>> Proposals:
>>
>> Individual Member:
>> - Free membership
>>
>> Institutional Member: (like Lab, University….)
>> - 1000 Euros
>>
>> Company
>> - First level support: 2000-3000 Euros
>>
>> - Extended Support: 5000-6000 Euros
>>
>> Then finally we want to have a donation for  >500 Euros
>>

>> Now with these numbers: we can do it. It may be tight but this would be a huge success!
>>

>> we need
>> 20 first level support
>> 2000 Euros * 20 = 40000
>> two extended
>> 5000 Euros * 2 = 12000
>>
>> 5 institutionals
>> 5* 1000 = 5000
>>
>> Gift:
>> 500 * 10 = 5000
>>

>> So let us know what do you think?
>>
>> Stef
>
> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "There are no old things, there are only old ways of looking at them."

Re: Consortium memberships brainstorming and ideas

fstephany
Hi Steph,

It could be nice to have something between the Individual Member and the
company  first level support. Something like 'Freelance' for 1000€ maybe ?

--
http://tulipemoutarde.be
BE: +32 (0)65 709 131
CA: +1 778 558 3225

On Dec 3, 2011, at 10:25 PM, Francois Stephany wrote:

> Hi Steph,
>
> It could be nice to have something between the Individual Member and the company  first level support. Something like 'Freelance' for 1000€ maybe ?

Would it not be covered by a donation?
I ask because we try also to make it simple.
But we are listening to you :)

Stef

> On 03/12/11 01:00, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>> HI
>>
>> We would like to get your point of view about the following (we discussed with INRIA lawyer and others.
>>

>> Goal: Remember we want to be able to pay an engineer (cost 55K).
>>
>> Constraints: We do not want a special license for people participating to the consortium and the others.
>> It means that members may not have immediate advantages like 10% reduction :).
>> But it also means that the system is clean, simple, ….
>>

>> Proposals:
>>
>> Individual Member:
>> - Free membership
>>
>> Institutional Member: (like Lab, University….)
>> - 1000 Euros
>>
>> Company
>> - First level support: 2000-3000 Euros
>>
>> - Extended Support: 5000-6000 Euros
>>
>> Then finally we want to have a donation for>500 Euros
>>

>> Now with these numbers: we can do it. It may be tight but this would be a huge success!
>>

>> we need
>> 20 first level support
>> 2000 Euros * 20 = 40000
>> two extended
>> 5000 Euros * 2 = 12000
>>
>> 5 institutionals
>> 5* 1000 = 5000
>>
>> Gift:
>> 500 * 10 = 5000
>>

>> So let us know what do you think?
>>
>> Stef
>
> --
> http://tulipemoutarde.be
> BE: +32 (0)65 709 131
> CA: +1 778 558 3225

Re: Consortium memberships brainstorming and ideas

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Tudor Girba-2 wrote
Of course, most people will fall under the second category anyway. But, like this, when one adds the badge of "Proud Pharo supporter" to his webpage it has a factual meaning.
+1
Cheers,
Sean