Constructionist schools in San Francisco

Constructionist schools in San Francisco

Drew Hess-5
Hi,

I'm a computer scientist who'd like to see constructionism at work in
the classroom. Can anyone point me to schools, clubs or other
organizations in the San Francisco area where Etoys, Croquet or other
constructionist environments are actively being used? I'd like to
observe, if that's possible; I'm considering becoming an educator,
inspired by Seymour's and Alan's visions, and I'm curious to see how
close we are to those ideals.

thanks!

Re: Constructionist schools in San Francisco

Karl Ramberg
Drew Hess wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a computer scientist who'd like to see constructionism at work in
> the classroom. Can anyone point me to schools, clubs or other
> organizations in the San Francisco area where Etoys, Croquet or other
> constructionist environments are actively being used? I'd like to
> observe, if that's possible; I'm considering becoming an educator,
> inspired by Seymour's and Alan's visions, and I'm curious to see how
> close we are to those ideals.
There is a mail list called olpc-sf that should be local to you, and
people there maybe have some info
http://lists.laptop.org/listinfo/olpc-sf

Karl

Karl Ramberg <[hidden email]> writes:

> There is a mail list called olpc-sf that should be local to you, and
> people there maybe have some info
> http://lists.laptop.org/listinfo/olpc-sf

Hi Karl,

Thanks. I'm already on that list, and I haven't seen any mention of
constructionist schools, but I'll try posting my query there, anyway.