Continuous Integration server

laurent laffont
Hi,

at work I will have a brand new Debian 64bits integration server with Jenkins. I have authorization to set up public access. I want to put amber on it and run tests, vision is:
- run amber tests on every browser (especially IE - ok need a windows and a mac :)
- have test coverage (nothing exists yet it seems)
- create nice distribution of Amber (personnally I would like to drop packages *.js and *.deploy.js from github so there will be less conflicts while merging - the CI can run make/amberc and build the one-click :)

Let's start small. Any idea how to run all unit tests in Chrome / Firefox / Opera from command line ?

Cheers,

Laurent

Re: Continuous Integration server

gokr
All sounds fine to me! :-)

I also have a brand new Debian server in Dallas

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2, wohoo!

Laurent

Re: Continuous Integration server

gokr
Sounds fine with me!

I also have a brand new Debian server in Dallas that I gladly host any Amber related stuff on - just ask and I ca give access!

regards, Göran

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2, wohoo!

On Oct 4, 2011 8:25, laurent laffont <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

at work I will have a brand new Debian 64bits integration server with Jenkins. I have authorization to set up public access. I want to put amber on it and run tests, vision is:
- run amber tests on every browser (especially IE - ok need a windows and a mac :)
- have test coverage (nothing exists yet it seems)
- create nice distribution of Amber (personnally I would like to drop packages *.js and *.deploy.js from github so there will be less conflicts while merging - the CI can run make/amberc and build the one-click :)

Let's start small. Any idea how to run all unit tests in Chrome / Firefox / Opera from command line ?

Cheers,

Laurent

Re: Continuous Integration server

Bernat Romagosa
Do you guys know about this app? http://browsershots.org/

I bet they're not using all the systems they offer the tests on, I guess emulation is way enough in many cases. I know for sure that IE works perfectly under Wine, and most probably the Windows versions of Opera, FF and Chrome will also work under Wine. About Mac, I've no idea.

Anyway, to run the unit tests I guess a shell script and an html file would suffice, something like:

#!/bin/whatever
google-chrome tests.html
firefox tests.html
opera tests.html
wine iexplore tests.html

And then:

<head>
<script src="all Amber libs">
<script>document.onload(smalltalk.MyTestSuit._run());</script>  ← I made this up
</script>
</head>

What I'm not sure of is how would we capture the test results, maybe we'd have to slightly modify SUnit?

--
Bernat Romagosa.