Contributing to Amber using Helios

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Although I have no problem using Helios in my own projects, after "git clone https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber.git", I can't seem to get it to pop up adding "<button onclick="require('amber/helpers').popupHelios()">Helios IDE</button>" to the body of index.html.

It may not be a Helios problem, since the regular class browser doesn't appear, even though "smalltalk.globals.Browser._open();" is there by default.

I tried to serve via both the global and project-local amber, with no improvement.

In short, how do I use Helios inside a git clone to work on Amber itself?

Thanks.
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Contributing to Amber using Helios

Herby Vojčík
For me, it works.

Did you run 'npm install' and 'bower install' after cloning?

Herby

Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> Although I have no problem using Helios in my own projects, after "git clone
> https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber.git", I can't seem to get it to pop
> up adding "<button onclick="require('amber/helpers').popupHelios()">Helios
> IDE</button>" to the body of index.html.
>
> It may not be a Helios problem, since the regular class browser doesn't
> appear, even though "smalltalk.globals.Browser._open();" is there by
> default.
>
> I tried to serve via both the global and project-local amber, with no
> improvement.
>
> In short, how do I use Helios inside a git clone to work on Amber itself?
>
> Thanks.
>

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean

Re: Contributing to Amber using Helios

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Herby Vojčík wrote
Did you run 'npm install' and 'bower install' after cloning?
Sh*t... I'm still a bit confused by global/local installation. Thanks for bearing with me! It works now :)
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Contributing to Amber using Helios

Herby Vojčík
It would be probably nice to write a guide for Amber contributors that describes the whole picture in detail...