Contributing to Bloc

kilon.alios
Hey guys, these last days I have taken a look at Bloc and really like its design. So I was wondering how I can be of assistance. I am not an experienced pharo jedi like you guys but I think I could do my small part to help make Bloc into a replacement for Morphic.

From what I see Bloc some issues rendering Morphs , for example tabs (window groups) and some glitches here and there.

So how am I proceed ? How I can help ?

Re: Contributing to Bloc

Nicolai Hess
Hey guys, these last days I have taken a look at Bloc and really like its design. So I was wondering how I can be of assistance. I am not an experienced pharo jedi like you guys but I think I could do my small part to help make Bloc into a replacement for Morphic.

From what I see Bloc some issues rendering Morphs , for example tabs (window groups) and some glitches here and there.

I don't know a tabs example that is build with bloc.
The current bloc world renders a classic Morph on an AthensCanvas if they define a
#drawOnAthensCanvas: method.
If this is missing or not correctly working, we should change the
implementation in the Athens project (Athens-Morphic).

So how am I proceed ? How I can help ?

Re: Contributing to Bloc

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
kilon.alios wrote
So I was wondering how I can be of assistance
I think the first step has to be to move the Bloc repo under the Pharo team and define where contributions should go - I'm assuming to the current Pharo Inbox...
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Contributing to Bloc

kilon.alios
another weird problem i just found is that right side down arrow menu when clicked it opens in random location instead of bellow its icon. I tried it with System Browser.

By the way i am talking about already available Pharo tools and not bloc examples.

On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 2:03 PM, Nicolai Hess <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey guys, these last days I have taken a look at Bloc and really like its design. So I was wondering how I can be of assistance. I am not an experienced pharo jedi like you guys but I think I could do my small part to help make Bloc into a replacement for Morphic.

From what I see Bloc some issues rendering Morphs , for example tabs (window groups) and some glitches here and there.

I don't know a tabs example that is build with bloc.
The current bloc world renders a classic Morph on an AthensCanvas if they define a
#drawOnAthensCanvas: method.
If this is missing or not correctly working, we should change the
implementation in the Athens project (Athens-Morphic).

So how am I proceed ? How I can help ?

Re: Contributing to Bloc

Pharo Smalltalk Developers mailing list
Hello,
yes, the bloc repo will be moved.
Cheers
Alain

> On 06 Apr 2015, at 13:43, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> kilon.alios wrote
>> So I was wondering how I can be of assistance
>
> I think the first step has to be to move the Bloc repo under the Pharo team
> and define where contributions should go - I'm assuming to the current Pharo
> Inbox...
>

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean

Re: Contributing to Bloc

Pharo Smalltalk Developers mailing list
Hello,

in fact you are running morphic widget inside bloc. The compatibility is not 100%.
I guess here the problem is related to the global coordinate system of Morphic.
We will try to fix it.
Thanks for reporting.
Cheers
Alain

On 06 Apr 2015, at 13:56, kilon alios <[hidden email]> wrote:

another weird problem i just found is that right side down arrow menu when clicked it opens in random location instead of bellow its icon. I tried it with System Browser.

By the way i am talking about already available Pharo tools and not bloc examples.

On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 2:03 PM, Nicolai Hess <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey guys, these last days I have taken a look at Bloc and really like its design. So I was wondering how I can be of assistance. I am not an experienced pharo jedi like you guys but I think I could do my small part to help make Bloc into a replacement for Morphic.

From what I see Bloc some issues rendering Morphs , for example tabs (window groups) and some glitches here and there.

I don't know a tabs example that is build with bloc.
The current bloc world renders a classic Morph on an AthensCanvas if they define a
#drawOnAthensCanvas: method.
If this is missing or not correctly working, we should change the
implementation in the Athens project (Athens-Morphic).

So how am I proceed ? How I can help ?

Re: Contributing to Bloc

Pharo Smalltalk Developers mailing list

> So how am I proceed ? How I can help ?

sorry for the late answer, I’m very busy ….
but thanks !!
for now I think the most important is to document bloc and to stress it
- by trying the examples or
- by trying to program new examples or
- by adding comments, fix the english or by asking questions.
Cheers
Alain

Re: Contributing to Bloc

kilon.alios
No problem waiting for an answer.

Ok then I will keep using it and reporting problems I find. Documenting is something I can do too, I am familiar with pillar , so I will send some pull requests when I get a good understanding of Bloc. Contributing examples is something I can do too, will wait for the move of bloc to a public repo I can contribute too including comments.

For now I will stress tests and report and then when I am familiar enough move to other tasks.

Re: Contributing to Bloc

kilon.alios
thats understanable and reasonable. I am impressed with how well it emulates Morphic so far.

Re: Contributing to Bloc

christofbuerger
Hello guys,

stupid question. I was searching but without success: where do I find the bloc-source to load that into an image for experimenting with it?

Best Regards
Christof
ksi

Re: Contributing to Bloc