Contributions to the code and getting the latest

Contributions to the code and getting the latest

Bram Neijt
Hi everyone.

I'm building documentation from the image at runtime, which (appart
from being ugly code) has given me some insight into working with gst.

Now I would like to add some more documentation to some of the
packages in the form of comments to functions (the GTK and Regex
packages for example).

How can I get the latest source and development and how does the
process of code  contribution work?

Greetings,
  Bram

Re: Contributions to the code and getting the latest

S11001001
Bram Neijt wrote:
> Now I would like to add some more documentation to some of the
> packages in the form of comments to functions (the GTK and Regex
> packages for example).

I have actually been wondering if patches of this sort to the RB code
in compiler/ would be accepted.  For now, I am keeping my own separate
docs on it.

> How can I get the latest source and development and how does the
> process of code  contribution work?

Use GNU Arch 1.3.4 or later.  I guess there is this bazaar thing that
is compatible but I really don't know about using it.

tla my-id 'Bram Neijt <[hidden email]>' # if first-time tla user
tla register-archive [hidden email] \
    http://arch.sv.gnu.org/archives/smalltalk
tla get -A [hidden email] smalltalk--devo--2.2

Use tla update or tla replay as appropriate (read the gnu arch wiki)
in the resultant tree to update the sources.

That archive is actually a mirror of the one Mr Bonzini actually uses.
 I use the arch.sv.gnu.org one because it seemed more responsive when
I re-registered, but the original is
http://mirrors.sourcecontrol.net/bonzini@...--2004b (archive name
[hidden email]--2004b if such things matter to you).

--
Stephen Compall
http://scompall.nocandysw.com/blog