Controlling Paths?

Tim Mackinnon-6
Hi guys - so many things to learn and grapple with.

I'm still trying to get Cordova working nicely and its raised the query about how you control where the amber source goes - is there a config that species /src and can you adjust it without implications? Along similar lines - how do people automate packaging up the.js and other files to put into production or embed in something like Cordova?

Tim

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Controlling Paths?

Herby Vojčík

Tim Mackinnon wrote:
> Hi guys - so many things to learn and grapple with.
>
> I'm still trying to get Cordova working nicely and its raised the query about how you control where the amber source goes - is there a config that species /src and can you adjust

local.amd.json

it without implications? Along similar lines - how do people automate packaging up the.js and other files to put into production or embed in something like Cordova?

> Tim
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Re: Controlling Paths?

Herby Vojčík

Herby Vojčík wrote:

> Tim Mackinnon wrote:
>> Hi guys - so many things to learn and grapple with.
>>
>> I'm still trying to get Cordova working nicely and its raised the
>> query about how you control where the amber source goes - is there a
>> config that species /src and can you adjust
>
> local.amd.json

BTW
https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber/wiki/Building-blocks-of-Amber-application-(and-library)

That is, don't forget to rerun `grunt devel` / `grunt deploy` after you
change any .amd.json.

> it without implications? Along similar lines - how do people automate
> packaging up the.js and other files to put into production or embed in
> something like Cordova?
>>
>> Tim
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone

Re: Controlling Paths?

Tim Mackinnon-6
Thinking about this over lunch - I think its actually how you control where the “the.js” file goes that I’m after (actually I’m still not sure).

Cordova wants a structure with

project
 +- wwww
  index.html
  +/ js
                +/css
                + /…

Amber wants to live in a clean directory (at least that seems the least friction way) so I was playing with it living in: www/amber/ (where I do an amber init)

If I do it this way I kind of want to run from the “www” directory - almost like “amber serve ..” - and then set the src location to be “amber/src” - however maybe I’m over thinking this and its best to just generate my amber project in a temp directory and then move it all into www and be done with it? It feels a bit messy but maybe that just a more practical way to do it?

Tim

> On 3 Mar 2016, at 12:25, Herby Vojčík <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Tim Mackinnon wrote:
>> Hi guys - so many things to learn and grapple with.
>>
>> I'm still trying to get Cordova working nicely and its raised the query about how you control where the amber source goes - is there a config that species /src and can you adjust
>
> local.amd.json
>
> it without implications? Along similar lines - how do people automate packaging up the.js and other files to put into production or embed in something like Cordova?
>>
>> Tim
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone

Re: Controlling Paths?

Herby Vojčík

Tim Mackinnon wrote:

> Thinking about this over lunch - I think its actually how you control where the “the.js” file goes that I’m after (actually I’m still not sure).
>
> Cordova wants a structure with
>
> project
>   +- wwww
>   index.html
>   +/ js
> +/css
> + /…
>
> Amber wants to live in a clean directory (at least that seems the least friction way) so I was playing with it living in: www/amber/ (where I do an amber init)
>
> If I do it this way I kind of want to run from the “www” directory - almost like “amber serve ..” - and then set the src location to be “amber/src” - however maybe I’m over thinking this and its best to just generate my amber project in a temp directory and then move it all into www and be done with it? It feels a bit messy but maybe that just a more practical way to do it?

Maybe just add 'dist' task into Gruntfile.js that copies index.html and the.js to proper place and run `grunt deploy dist`. There must be some
grunt-contrib-xxx plugin for copying files.