Controlling empty space in the repository

Controlling empty space in the repository

GLASS mailing list
Hi -

I have a 3.3.5 repo that is 50GB, and has 46GB of empty space.  Can I set an upper bound on the size it is allowed to grow to in order to limit it to say 10GB?  And other than shutting down the stone and restoring from backup is there a way to decrease the size of the stone?

Thanks

Paul

Re: Controlling empty space in the repository

GLASS mailing list

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 6:05 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 5:00 PM, PAUL DEBRUICKER via Glass <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi -

I have a 3.3.5 repo that is 50GB, and has 46GB of empty space.  Can I set an upper bound on the size it is allowed to grow to in order to limit it to say 10GB?

In system.conf put:

DBF_EXTENT_SIZES = 55GB;

And other than shutting down the stone and restoring from backup is there a way to decrease the size of the stone?

Not that I am aware of. I have a `compactExtent` GsDevKit script that may help you. Find it attached.