Controlling the Pharo window

kilon.alios
Is there a way to move the pharo window around, resize it and generally control it ?

Re: Controlling the Pharo window

Nicolai Hess
NB?
on Windows:
NBWin32Window getActiveWindow moveWindowX:10 y:10 width:500 height:150

Is there a way to move the pharo window around, resize it and generally control it ?

Is there a way to move the pharo window around, resize it and generally control it ?

Re: Controlling the Pharo window

HilaireFernandes
Le 22/09/2014 10:55, kilon alios a écrit :
> I was talking about something cross platform but NB is good too. Makes me
> wonder the potential of hacking the pharo window, maybe for embedding QT to
> it or what else.

You can wrap this in a Plateform hierarchy to make it crossplateform
from the Ephaistos perspective.
I think there are such example in Pharo itself, you can also check the
DrGPlateform hierarchy in DrGeo or iStoa

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo - http://drgeo.eu
iStoa - http://istao.drgeo.eu

Le 22/09/2014 11:20, Hilaire a écrit :

> Le 22/09/2014 10:55, kilon alios a écrit :
>> I was talking about something cross platform but NB is good too. Makes me
>> wonder the potential of hacking the pharo window, maybe for embedding QT to
>> it or what else.
>
> You can wrap this in a Plateform hierarchy to make it crossplateform
> from the Ephaistos perspective.
> I think there are such example in Pharo itself, you can also check the
> DrGPlateform hierarchy in DrGeo or iStoa
>
> Hilaire

In Pharo you can check for OSPlatform and add accordingly the operation
you want to do in your host window, for each specific OS.

Then, in your appls will do something like:

Smalltalk os maximiseHostWindow
[...]

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo - http://drgeo.eu
iStoa - http://istao.drgeo.eu

Re: Controlling the Pharo window

Nicolai Hess
Another solution could be the HostWindowPlugin.
Look at DisplayScreen class >> hostWindowXXXX
This could be platform independent but I don't know if it works on all platforms:
DisplayScreen hostWindowTitle: not working on Linux (ubuntu)

Le 22/09/2014 11:20, Hilaire a écrit :
> Le 22/09/2014 10:55, kilon alios a écrit :
>> I was talking about something cross platform but NB is good too. Makes me
>> wonder the potential of hacking the pharo window, maybe for embedding QT to
>> it or what else.
>
> You can wrap this in a Plateform hierarchy to make it crossplateform
> from the Ephaistos perspective.
> I think there are such example in Pharo itself, you can also check the
> DrGPlateform hierarchy in DrGeo or iStoa
>
> Hilaire

In Pharo you can check for OSPlatform and add accordingly the operation
you want to do in your host window, for each specific OS.

Then, in your appls will do something like:

Smalltalk os maximiseHostWindow
[...]

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo - http://drgeo.eu
iStoa - http://istao.drgeo.eu

Re: Controlling the Pharo window

kilon.alios
Thank Hilaire , I understand how to wrap my code to a cross platform class. Definetly will look at (have done already previously) DrGeo as most likely I will rely heavily on Morphic.

Nicolai ,I tried this code in Windows and works

DisplayScreen hostWindowSize: 500@500.

DisplayScreen hostWindowTitle: 'hello'.

Will check it on MacOS when I get home :)

What I want to create is a custom gui that resizes to a small size and locates to the left side of the screen as a long left panel that can be use like a Dock bar for Pharo and Blender, and who knows even for OS stuff.

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 12:36 PM, Nicolai Hess <[hidden email]> wrote:
Another solution could be the HostWindowPlugin.
Look at DisplayScreen class >> hostWindowXXXX
This could be platform independent but I don't know if it works on all platforms:
DisplayScreen hostWindowTitle: not working on Linux (ubuntu)

Le 22/09/2014 11:20, Hilaire a écrit :
> Le 22/09/2014 10:55, kilon alios a écrit :
>> I was talking about something cross platform but NB is good too. Makes me
>> wonder the potential of hacking the pharo window, maybe for embedding QT to
>> it or what else.
>
> You can wrap this in a Plateform hierarchy to make it crossplateform
> from the Ephaistos perspective.
> I think there are such example in Pharo itself, you can also check the
> DrGPlateform hierarchy in DrGeo or iStoa
>
> Hilaire

In Pharo you can check for OSPlatform and add accordingly the operation
you want to do in your host window, for each specific OS.

Then, in your appls will do something like:

Smalltalk os maximiseHostWindow
[...]

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo - http://drgeo.eu
iStoa - http://istao.drgeo.eu

Re: Controlling the Pharo window

kilon.alios
nice , the above works on macos too, pity it does not have a locate method but for now it will do.

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 12:48 PM, kilon alios <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank Hilaire , I understand how to wrap my code to a cross platform class. Definetly will look at (have done already previously) DrGeo as most likely I will rely heavily on Morphic.

Nicolai ,I tried this code in Windows and works

DisplayScreen hostWindowSize: 500@500.

DisplayScreen hostWindowTitle: 'hello'.

Will check it on MacOS when I get home :)

What I want to create is a custom gui that resizes to a small size and locates to the left side of the screen as a long left panel that can be use like a Dock bar for Pharo and Blender, and who knows even for OS stuff.

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 12:36 PM, Nicolai Hess <[hidden email]> wrote:
Another solution could be the HostWindowPlugin.
Look at DisplayScreen class >> hostWindowXXXX
This could be platform independent but I don't know if it works on all platforms:
DisplayScreen hostWindowTitle: not working on Linux (ubuntu)

Le 22/09/2014 11:20, Hilaire a écrit :
> Le 22/09/2014 10:55, kilon alios a écrit :
>> I was talking about something cross platform but NB is good too. Makes me
>> wonder the potential of hacking the pharo window, maybe for embedding QT to
>> it or what else.
>
> You can wrap this in a Plateform hierarchy to make it crossplateform
> from the Ephaistos perspective.
> I think there are such example in Pharo itself, you can also check the
> DrGPlateform hierarchy in DrGeo or iStoa
>
> Hilaire

In Pharo you can check for OSPlatform and add accordingly the operation
you want to do in your host window, for each specific OS.

Then, in your appls will do something like:

Smalltalk os maximiseHostWindow
[...]

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo - http://drgeo.eu
iStoa - http://istao.drgeo.eu

Re: Controlling the Pharo window

stepharo
Check the OSWindow bug entry on fogbugz because soon we will integrate it.
OSWindow is an API to call/control windows from the OSes developed by
Ronie and Igor.

Then we will bind to SDL so that we can get the same underlying system
on all platform.
But there is still some work to do and too many things to do.

Stef