Converter/importer of Wiki content

Janko Mivšek
Dear Aiders,

Here is a chance to contribute: we need to make a converter/importer of
content from other Wikis to Scribo. First one is obviously SmallWiki but
also SWiki and WikiWorks.

I think we should start to study formats of all that Wikis (but at least
SmallWiki) then prepare a conversion routine for Scribo. Take special
care about migrating url addresses of content as same as possible to
Scribo. Also wiki format could probably be needed to migrate. We are
using WikiWorks format. Or shall we extend Scribo to support other Wiki
formats?

I'd really appreciate if anyone willing to spend some time on that.

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web

Re: Converter/importer of Wiki content

Michael Rueger-6
Janko Mivšek wrote:
> Dear Aiders,
>
> Here is a chance to contribute: we need to make a converter/importer of
> content from other Wikis to Scribo. First one is obviously SmallWiki but
> also SWiki and WikiWorks.

In some cases it might be more feasible to write exporters for Scribo,
as e.g. the original Smallwiki and Pier implementation have no external
storage you could import (smart ref stream or even image storage).

Michael