Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
26 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Coordinates problem with Athens and Morphic while coding Hyperion

kilon.alios
So I have found some strange problems with my vector editor , Hyperion. 

Hyperion is a Morph openInWindow. Code can be found in the class side of Hyperion>>open.

The coordinate system when detecting events (mouseOver, mouseUp and mouseDown events of the Hyperion instance) looks like it takes to account also beyond the morph as coordinates as a result events happening at the top right edge of the morph where Hyperion is rendered is 6@30( which is the size of the window's title bar plus its borders). Thats ok, I have taken these offsets to account when computing the position of the mouse. I guess it uses the global coordinated and not the local coordinates of the morph. 

I am adding a button to control the edit mode of a line, when in edit mode handles for line's control points are shown and those handles can be dragged around to control the shape of the line , when off edit mode, the line will be able to be drag around (not implemented yet). 

My problem is that when I add that button as morph to the existing morph of Hyperion in 0@0 , it actually appears in 0@30 in local coordinated of the Hyperion moprh which in global coordinates it 6@60 ( 0@0 + 6@30 + 0@30 = 6@60). Why is that ?

I have no clue why I am getting an offset of 0@30 in local coordinates of the Hyperion morph.

here is the picture showing a) how it looks like b) the code that set the position c) transcript showing mouse coordinates when clicked in the top left corner of Hyperion morph

if anyone wants to try the code himself the repo is here

To sum up, to place that button on top left, I will have to position it 0@(-30) which for me makes no sense at all. 

Please note that everything is rendered with Athens.

Maybe I have messed up the code myself somewhere but I have looked it again and again I cant find a problem with my code.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Coordinates problem with Athens and Morphic while coding Hyperion

Benjamin Van Ryseghem (Pharo)
Can you try to do something like

self changeProportionalLayout
before adding the morph ?

Ben

On 28 Nov 2013, at 10:51, kilon alios <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hyperion is a Morph openInWindow. Code can be found in the class side of Hyperion>>open.

The coordinate system when detecting events (mouseOver, mouseUp and mouseDown events of the Hyperion instance) looks like it takes to account also beyond the morph as coordinates as a result events happening at the top right edge of the morph where Hyperion is rendered is 6@30( which is the size of the window's title bar plus its borders). Thats ok, I have taken these offsets to account when computing the position of the mouse. I guess it uses the global coordinated and not the local coordinates of the morph. 

I am adding a button to control the edit mode of a line, when in edit mode handles for line's control points are shown and those handles can be dragged around to control the shape of the line , when off edit mode, the line will be able to be drag around (not implemented yet). 

My problem is that when I add that button as morph to the existing morph of Hyperion in 0@0 , it actually appears in 0@30 in local coordinated of the Hyperion moprh which in global coordinates it 6@60 ( 0@0 + 6@30 + 0@30 = 6@60). Why is that ?

I have no clue why I am getting an offset of 0@30 in local coordinates of the Hyperion morph.

here is the picture showing a) how it looks like b) the code that set the position c) transcript showing mouse coordinates when clicked in the top left corner of Hyperion morph

To sum up, to place that button on top left, I will have to position it 0@(-30) which for me makes no sense at all. 

Maybe I have messed up the code myself somewhere but I have looked it again and again I cant find a problem with my code.

Reply | Threaded
|

kilon.alios
just tried it, I see no change

self changeProportionalLayout.
editButton := HypEditButton new .
editButton position: 0@0.
self addMorph: editButton .

On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 11:54 AM, Benjamin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Ben

Reply | Threaded
|

Benjamin Van Ryseghem (Pharo)
Then maybe you should wait an answer from Igor...

Ben

On 28 Nov 2013, at 10:59, kilon alios <[hidden email]> wrote:

Ben

Reply | Threaded
|

Igor Stasenko
In reply to this post by kilon.alios

On 28 November 2013 10:59, kilon alios <[hidden email]> wrote:

try:
      self addMorph: editButton fullFrame: #(0 0 0 0 0 0 100 100).

Ben

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.
Reply | Threaded
|

Igor Stasenko
In reply to this post by Benjamin Van Ryseghem (Pharo)

On 28 November 2013 11:01, Benjamin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Then maybe you should wait an answer from Igor...

heh, i can barely help with this infamous morphic layout mess.
i only know that if you using proportional layout, then
if you want submorphs to be laid down properly, you must use
addMorph:fullFrame:
instead of just
addMorph:

Morph>>addMorph: aMorph fullFrame: aLayoutFrame

aMorph layoutFrame: aLayoutFrame asLayoutFrame.
    aMorph hResizing: #spaceFill; vResizing: #spaceFill.
    self addMorph: aMorph.

(or, well, if you don't want your morph to be automagically stretched, try to set only frame (with #layoutFrame:) because the above, as you can see also sets hResizing & vResizing )

Ben

On 28 Nov 2013, at 10:59, kilon alios <[hidden email]> wrote:

Ben

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.
Reply | Threaded
|

kilon.alios
In reply to this post by Igor Stasenko
wow you guys are fast at replying :)

I did 

I am afraid Igor I still see no change with your code.

I like to note here, that when I first created the editButton as morph , it indeed placed it in correct place. A 0@0 placed it in top left corner as expected. But I did overide its DrawOn:  with an empty method and used my own method to render it with Athens. So it looks like the problem is Athens related and not Morphic related or maybe a disagreement between Morphic and Athens. 

just for the record here is the code I use to render the HypEditButton morph

render:aCanvas
|shape1 shape2 shape3 editButtonColor | 
shape1 := aCanvas createPath: [:path | 
path relative .
path moveTo: ((self position x )+5)@(self position y);
lineTo: 20@0;
cwArcTo: 5@5 angle: 45;
lineTo: 0@20;
cwArcTo: (-5)@5 angle: 45;
lineTo: (-20)@0;
cwArcTo: (-5)@(-5) angle: 45;
lineTo: 0@(-20);
cwArcTo: 5@(-5) angle: 45.
 ].
shape2 := aCanvas createPath: [:path | 
path relative .
path moveTo: ((self position x +7))@((self position y +3));
lineTo: 18@0;
cwArcTo: 2@2 angle: 45;
cwArcTo: (-2)@2 angle: 45;
cwArcTo: (-2)@(-2) angle: 45;
cwArcTo: 4@(-2) angle: 45.
 ].
shape3 := aCanvas createPath: [:path | 
path relative .
path moveTo: ((self position x +15))@((self position y +10));
cwArcTo: 5@5 angle: 90;
cwArcTo: (-5)@5 angle: 90;
cwArcTo: (-5)@(-5) angle: 90;
cwArcTo: 5@(-5) angle: 90. 
 ].
( editMode = true) ifTrue: [ editButtonColor := Color green] ifFalse: [ editButtonColor := Color red ].
(aCanvas setStrokePaint: editButtonColor) width: 1.

aCanvas drawShape: shape1 .
aCanvas drawShape: shape2.
aCanvas setPaint: (editButtonColor alpha: 0.3 ).
aCanvas drawShape: shape3.

On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 12:03 PM, Igor Stasenko <[hidden email]> wrote:

try:

Ben

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Reply | Threaded
|

Igor Stasenko
well, by default the athens canvas coordinate system matches morphic one..
but you know, it always hard to be sure, especially if you perform any local coordinate transformations before that morph has any chance to draw itself..

You can figure this out easily: draw something at 0@0 and see where it is.
then draw something at morph's x@y position and see it too.

btw, you know you don't have to create same paths over and over.
you can easily put static parts out of regularly (and costly) evaluated code:

shape := canvas cacheAt: self "morph" ifAbsentPut: [
                aCanvas createPath: [:path | 
path relative.
" no move-to here ***  path moveTo: ((self position x )+5)@(self position y);"
 ].
].

"and here we're using coordinate transform to translate origin point to
given position, so it will be the starting point (0@0) of our shape"

canvas pathTransform restoreAfter: [
   canvas pathTransform translateBy:((self position x )+5)@(self position y).
   canvas drawShape: shape.
]

by analogy you can cache all static pieces, just do something:

shapes := canvas cacheAt: self ifAbsentPut: [ self constructStaticShapesOn: aCanvas ]

where #constructStaticShapesOn: must answer an array of them.

On 28 November 2013 11:12, kilon alios <[hidden email]> wrote:

I did 

I like to note here, that when I first created the editButton as morph , it indeed placed it in correct place. A 0@0 placed it in top left corner as expected. But I did overide its DrawOn:  with an empty method and used my own method to render it with Athens. So it looks like the problem is Athens related and not Morphic related or maybe a disagreement between Morphic and Athens. 

path relative .
 ].
path relative .
 ].
path relative .
 ].
( editMode = true) ifTrue: [ editButtonColor := Color green] ifFalse: [ editButtonColor := Color red ].

try:

Ben

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.
Reply | Threaded
|

kilon.alios
Ok I have verified and indeed its not an Athens problem. My bad. The position of the morph is reported at 5@30 and the not the correct 0@0. So it looks like Morphic for some strange reason it offsets it. 

I knew about translateBy but I did not know about restoreAfter. so thank you. 

I prefer my version of the code because it makes clearer what I am trying to do. However ideally because I am drawing a box inside another box the best way would be to follow your approach and scale the second box using one shape instead of two I am currently doing. But thats the price I am paying from not knowing exactly how to do this. 

Also trying to painstakingly find the correct transform and scale values requires A LOT of testing . This is why I find a vector editor for Athens and Pharo absolutely essential. No coding can beat designing via mouse. 

On the other hand I could use Inkscape and import the svg to Athens , which what I am about to research. Designing all GUI elements by code is a very bad idea, but no less a learning experience. 

I will most probably move to Roassal too. 

As always thanks for the help.   

On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 12:29 PM, Igor Stasenko <[hidden email]> wrote:
but you know, it always hard to be sure, especially if you perform any local coordinate transformations before that morph has any chance to draw itself..

path relative.
 ].
].

]

shapes := canvas cacheAt: self ifAbsentPut: [ self constructStaticShapesOn: aCanvas ]

I did 

path relative .
 ].
path relative .
 ].
path relative .
 ].

try:

Ben

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Reply | Threaded
|

abergel
Do you have  more screenshots of Hyperion?

Alexandre
--
_,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:
Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu
^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.

On Nov 28, 2013, at 7:49 AM, kilon alios <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ok I have verified and indeed its not an Athens problem. My bad. The position of the morph is reported at 5@30 and the not the correct 0@0. So it looks like Morphic for some strange reason it offsets it.
>
> I knew about translateBy but I did not know about restoreAfter. so thank you.
>
> I prefer my version of the code because it makes clearer what I am trying to do. However ideally because I am drawing a box inside another box the best way would be to follow your approach and scale the second box using one shape instead of two I am currently doing. But thats the price I am paying from not knowing exactly how to do this.
>
> Also trying to painstakingly find the correct transform and scale values requires A LOT of testing . This is why I find a vector editor for Athens and Pharo absolutely essential. No coding can beat designing via mouse.
>
> On the other hand I could use Inkscape and import the svg to Athens , which what I am about to research. Designing all GUI elements by code is a very bad idea, but no less a learning experience.
>
> I will most probably move to Roassal too.
>
> As always thanks for the help.  
>
>
> On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 12:29 PM, Igor Stasenko <[hidden email]> wrote:
> well, by default the athens canvas coordinate system matches morphic one..
> but you know, it always hard to be sure, especially if you perform any local coordinate transformations before that morph has any chance to draw itself..
>
> You can figure this out easily: draw something at 0@0 and see where it is.
> then draw something at morph's x@y position and see it too.
>
> btw, you know you don't have to create same paths over and over.
> you can easily put static parts out of regularly (and costly) evaluated code:
>
> shape := canvas cacheAt: self "morph" ifAbsentPut: [
>                 aCanvas createPath: [:path |
> path relative.
> " no move-to here ***  path moveTo: ((self position x )+5)@(self position y);"
> lineTo: 20@0;
> cwArcTo: 5@5 angle: 45;
> lineTo: 0@20;
> cwArcTo: (-5)@5 angle: 45;
> lineTo: (-20)@0;
> cwArcTo: (-5)@(-5) angle: 45;
> lineTo: 0@(-20);
> cwArcTo: 5@(-5) angle: 45.
>  ].
> ].
>
> "and here we're using coordinate transform to translate origin point to
> given position, so it will be the starting point (0@0) of our shape"
>
> canvas pathTransform restoreAfter: [
>    canvas pathTransform translateBy:((self position x )+5)@(self position y).
>    canvas drawShape: shape.
> ]
>
> by analogy you can cache all static pieces, just do something:
>
> shapes := canvas cacheAt: self ifAbsentPut: [ self constructStaticShapesOn: aCanvas ]
>
> where #constructStaticShapesOn: must answer an array of them.
>
>
> On 28 November 2013 11:12, kilon alios <[hidden email]> wrote:
> wow you guys are fast at replying :)
>
> I did
>
>
> self changeProportionalLayout.
> editButton := HypEditButton new .
> editButton position: 0@0.
> self addMorph: editButton fullFrame: #(0 0 0 0 0 0 100 100).
>
> I am afraid Igor I still see no change with your code.
>
> I like to note here, that when I first created the editButton as morph , it indeed placed it in correct place. A 0@0 placed it in top left corner as expected. But I did overide its DrawOn:  with an empty method and used my own method to render it with Athens. So it looks like the problem is Athens related and not Morphic related or maybe a disagreement between Morphic and Athens.
>
> just for the record here is the code I use to render the HypEditButton morph
>
> render:aCanvas
> |shape1 shape2 shape3 editButtonColor |
> shape1 := aCanvas createPath: [:path |
> path relative .
>
> path moveTo: ((self position x )+5)@(self position y);
> lineTo: 20@0;
> cwArcTo: 5@5 angle: 45;
> cwArcTo: (-5)@5 angle: 45;
> lineTo: (-20)@0;
> cwArcTo: (-5)@(-5) angle: 45;
> cwArcTo: 5@(-5) angle: 45.
>  ].
>
> shape2 := aCanvas createPath: [:path |
> path relative .
>
> path moveTo: ((self position x +7))@((self position y +3));
> lineTo: 18@0;
> cwArcTo: 2@2 angle: 45;
> cwArcTo: (-2)@2 angle: 45;
>   lineTo: (-20)@0;
> cwArcTo: (-2)@(-2) angle: 45;
> cwArcTo: 4@(-2) angle: 45.
>  ].
> shape3 := aCanvas createPath: [:path |
> path relative .
>
> path moveTo: ((self position x +15))@((self position y +10));
>
> cwArcTo: 5@5 angle: 90;
> cwArcTo: (-5)@5 angle: 90;
> cwArcTo: (-5)@(-5) angle: 90;
> cwArcTo: 5@(-5) angle: 90.
>
>
>  ].
>
> ( editMode = true) ifTrue: [ editButtonColor := Color green] ifFalse: [ editButtonColor := Color red ].
> (aCanvas setStrokePaint: editButtonColor) width: 1.
>    
> aCanvas drawShape: shape1 .
> aCanvas drawShape: shape2.
> aCanvas setPaint: (editButtonColor alpha: 0.3 ).
> aCanvas drawShape: shape3.
>
>
>
>      
>
>
> On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 12:03 PM, Igor Stasenko <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>
>
> On 28 November 2013 10:59, kilon alios <[hidden email]> wrote:
> just tried it, I see no change
>
> try:
>  self changeProportionalLayout
>
>       self addMorph: editButton fullFrame: #(0 0 0 0 0 0 100 100).
>
>
> On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 11:54 AM, Benjamin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Can you try to do something like
>
> self changeProportionalLayout
> before adding the morph ?
>
> Ben
>
> On 28 Nov 2013, at 10:51, kilon alios <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> So I have found some strange problems with my vector editor , Hyperion.
>>
>> Hyperion is a Morph openInWindow. Code can be found in the class side of Hyperion>>open.
>>
>>  The coordinate system when detecting events (mouseOver, mouseUp and mouseDown events of the Hyperion instance) looks like it takes to account also beyond the morph as coordinates as a result events happening at the top right edge of the morph where Hyperion is rendered is 6@30( which is the size of the window's title bar plus its borders). Thats ok, I have taken these offsets to account when computing the position of the mouse. I guess it uses the global coordinated and not the local coordinates of the morph.
>>
>> I am adding a button to control the edit mode of a line, when in edit mode handles for line's control points are shown and those handles can be dragged around to control the shape of the line , when off edit mode, the line will be able to be drag around (not implemented yet).
>>
>> My problem is that when I add that button as morph to the existing morph of Hyperion in 0@0 , it actually appears in 0@30 in local coordinated of the Hyperion moprh which in global coordinates it 6@60 ( 0@0 + 6@30 + 0@30 = 6@60). Why is that ?
>>
>> I have no clue why I am getting an offset of 0@30 in local coordinates of the Hyperion morph.
>>
>> here is the picture showing a) how it looks like b) the code that set the position c) transcript showing mouse coordinates when clicked in the top left corner of Hyperion morph
>>  Hyperion coordinates problem.JPG
>>  
>> if anyone wants to try the code himself the repo is here
>>
>> http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~kilon/Hyperion
>>
>> To sum up, to place that button on top left, I will have to position it 0@(-30) which for me makes no sense at all.
>>
>> Please note that everything is rendered with Athens.
>>
>> Maybe I have messed up the code myself somewhere but I have looked it again and again I cant find a problem with my code.
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko.
>
>
>
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko.
>

Reply | Threaded
|

kilon.alios
thats all I got I am afraid right now. A simple editing of a straight line, but I am learning athens, roassal, morphic so it takes time. Its my first with everything and my very first project with pharo. I am not aiming for something super sophisticated, bezier lines, gradients, bitmaps etc simple stuff but I am having so much fun with this project I wont give up until I have it finished. :) 

On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 2:30 PM, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:

Alexandre
--

> Ok I have verified and indeed its not an Athens problem. My bad. The position of the morph is reported at 5@30 and the not the correct 0@0. So it looks like Morphic for some strange reason it offsets it.
>
>
> I prefer my version of the code because it makes clearer what I am trying to do. However ideally because I am drawing a box inside another box the best way would be to follow your approach and scale the second box using one shape instead of two I am currently doing. But thats the price I am paying from not knowing exactly how to do this.
>
> Also trying to painstakingly find the correct transform and scale values requires A LOT of testing . This is why I find a vector editor for Athens and Pharo absolutely essential. No coding can beat designing via mouse.
>
> On the other hand I could use Inkscape and import the svg to Athens , which what I am about to research. Designing all GUI elements by code is a very bad idea, but no less a learning experience.
>
>
>
>
> but you know, it always hard to be sure, especially if you perform any local coordinate transformations before that morph has any chance to draw itself..
>
>
>
>               path relative.
> " no move-to here ***  path moveTo: ((self position x )+5)@(self position y);"
>               lineTo: 20@0;
>               cwArcTo: 5@5 angle: 45;
>               lineTo: 0@20;
>               cwArcTo: (-5)@5 angle: 45;
>               lineTo: (-20)@0;
>               cwArcTo: (-5)@(-5) angle: 45;
>               lineTo: 0@(-20);
>               cwArcTo: 5@(-5) angle: 45.
>                 ].
> ].
>
>
> ]
>
>
> shapes := canvas cacheAt: self ifAbsentPut: [ self constructStaticShapesOn: aCanvas ]
>
>
>
>
> I did
>
>
>       self changeProportionalLayout.
>       editButton := HypEditButton new .
>       editButton position: 0@0.
>
>
> I like to note here, that when I first created the editButton as morph , it indeed placed it in correct place. A 0@0 placed it in top left corner as expected. But I did overide its DrawOn:  with an empty method and used my own method to render it with Athens. So it looks like the problem is Athens related and not Morphic related or maybe a disagreement between Morphic and Athens.
>
>
>       |shape1 shape2 shape3 editButtonColor |
>               path relative .
>
>               path moveTo: ((self position x )+5)@(self position y);
>                 ].
>
>       shape2 := aCanvas createPath: [:path |
>
>               path moveTo: ((self position x +7))@((self position y +3));
>               lineTo: 18@0;
>               cwArcTo: 2@2 angle: 45;
>               cwArcTo: (-2)@2 angle: 45;
>          lineTo: (-20)@0;
>               cwArcTo: (-2)@(-2) angle: 45;
>               cwArcTo: 4@(-2) angle: 45.
>                 ].
>       shape3 := aCanvas createPath: [:path |
>
>               path moveTo: ((self position x +15))@((self position y +10));
>
>               cwArcTo: 5@5 angle: 90;
>               cwArcTo: (-5)@5 angle: 90;
>               cwArcTo: (-5)@(-5) angle: 90;
>               cwArcTo: 5@(-5) angle: 90.
>
>
>                 ].
>
> ( editMode = true) ifTrue: [ editButtonColor := Color green] ifFalse: [ editButtonColor := Color red ].
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> try:
>
>
>
>
>
> Ben
>
>
>>
>> Hyperion is a Morph openInWindow. Code can be found in the class side of Hyperion>>open.
>>
>>  The coordinate system when detecting events (mouseOver, mouseUp and mouseDown events of the Hyperion instance) looks like it takes to account also beyond the morph as coordinates as a result events happening at the top right edge of the morph where Hyperion is rendered is 6@30( which is the size of the window's title bar plus its borders). Thats ok, I have taken these offsets to account when computing the position of the mouse. I guess it uses the global coordinated and not the local coordinates of the morph.
>>
>> I am adding a button to control the edit mode of a line, when in edit mode handles for line's control points are shown and those handles can be dragged around to control the shape of the line , when off edit mode, the line will be able to be drag around (not implemented yet).
>>
>> My problem is that when I add that button as morph to the existing morph of Hyperion in 0@0 , it actually appears in 0@30 in local coordinated of the Hyperion moprh which in global coordinates it 6@60 ( 0@0 + 6@30 + 0@30 = 6@60). Why is that ?
>>
>> I have no clue why I am getting an offset of 0@30 in local coordinates of the Hyperion morph.
>>
>> here is the picture showing a) how it looks like b) the code that set the position c) transcript showing mouse coordinates when clicked in the top left corner of Hyperion morph
>>
>>
>>
>> To sum up, to place that button on top left, I will have to position it 0@(-30) which for me makes no sense at all.
>>
>>
>> Maybe I have messed up the code myself somewhere but I have looked it again and again I cant find a problem with my code.
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko.
>
>
>
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko.
>

Reply | Threaded
|

Igor Stasenko

On 28 November 2013 13:52, kilon alios <[hidden email]> wrote:
thats all I got I am afraid right now. A simple editing of a straight line, but I am learning athens, roassal, morphic so it takes time. Its my first with everything and my very first project with pharo. I am not aiming for something super sophisticated, bezier lines, gradients, bitmaps etc simple stuff but I am having so much fun with this project I wont give up until I have it finished. :) 

btw, if you want, i got somewhere code for Bezier curve editing (in morphic)..
it is not fully working, but at least something you can look at:
 - if i remember you can add control points and move them around.

Alexandre
--

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>                 ].
> ].
>
>
> ]
>
>
>
>
>
>
> I did
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>                 ].
>
>
>                 ].
>
>
>
>
>                 ].
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> try:
>
>
>
>
>
> Ben
>
>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko.
>
>
>
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko.
>

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.
Reply | Threaded
|

kilon.alios
absolutely, more code mean deeper understanding how to be more dangerous as a coder 

i dont see any big difficult on the horizon, except the problem I discussed earlier in the list. I need to figure out how to make sure the mouse touches a line. This is necessary for 2 reasons

a) when not in edit mode then the mouse by clicking on the line will be able to drag it around

b) when in add points mode, clicking on the line will add more control points on the parts of the lines clicked. 

Another thing that troubles me is how to handle storing vector lines. I could make each line and even each segment into a separate morph. But I am not so sure if that is an overkill. 

I see also that Roassal stores them as shapes and allows you to add them with the + method. I like that.

I am also thinking making my own morph class which will be a lot more lightweight and Athens friendly.

Another alternative is to use a database to store all vector information. 

But overall I think most of functionality I want to cover is already provided by Athens, its just a matter of coding it. 

On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 4:16 PM, Igor Stasenko <[hidden email]> wrote:

Alexandre
--

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>                 ].
> ].
>
>
> ]
>
>
>
>
>
>
> I did
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>                 ].
>
>
>                 ].
>
>
>
>
>                 ].
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> try:
>
>
>
>
>
> Ben
>
>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko.
>
>
>
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko.
>

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Reply | Threaded
|

Igor Stasenko

​​

On 28 November 2013 16:54, kilon alios <[hidden email]> wrote:
absolutely, more code mean deeper understanding how to be more dangerous as a coder 

here it is.. it took me some effort to find it, buried under piles of other things.
i don't know which one is latest/working, and don't ask me how it works .. it was long ago i was young and sky was blue :)

Alexandre
--

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>                 ].
> ].
>
>
> ]
>
>
>
>
>
>
> I did
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>                 ].
>
>
>                 ].
>
>
>
>
>                 ].
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> try:
>
>
>
>
>
> Ben
>
>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko.
>
>
>
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko.
>

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.
Reply | Threaded
|

kilon.alios
well I could ask you to give me access to those files , that would be a good start  ;)

I am so new to this google drive thing

On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 10:08 PM, Igor Stasenko <[hidden email]> wrote:

here it is.. it took me some effort to find it, buried under piles of other things.
i don't know which one is latest/working, and don't ask me how it works .. it was long ago i was young and sky was blue :)

Alexandre
--

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>                 ].
> ].
>
>
> ]
>
>
>
>
>
>
> I did
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>                 ].
>
>
>                 ].
>
>
>
>
>                 ].
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> try:
>
>
>
>
>
> Ben
>
>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko.
>
>
>
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko.
>

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Reply | Threaded
|

Igor Stasenko

On 28 November 2013 22:49, kilon alios <[hidden email]> wrote:
well I could ask you to give me access to those files , that would be a good start  ;)

hehe.. me too.. apperently it doesn't wants to just attach files,
and need multiple more clicks to enable weird sharing, like sending a copy is not
good enough :)

Alexandre
--

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>                 ].
> ].
>
>
> ]
>
>
>
>
>
>
> I did
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>                 ].
>
>
>                 ].
>
>
>
>
>                 ].
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> try:
>
>
>
>
>
> Ben
>
>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko.
>
>
>
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko.
>

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.
Reply | Threaded
|

Stéphane Ducasse

Ok I have verified and indeed its not an Athens problem. My bad. The position of the morph is reported at 5@30 and the not the correct 0@0. So it looks like Morphic for some strange reason it offsets it. 

I prefer my version of the code because it makes clearer what I am trying to do. However ideally because I am drawing a box inside another box the best way would be to follow your approach and scale the second box using one shape instead of two I am currently doing. But thats the price I am paying from not knowing exactly how to do this. 

Also trying to painstakingly find the correct transform and scale values requires A LOT of testing . This is why I find a vector editor for Athens and Pharo absolutely essential. No coding can beat designing via mouse. 

On the other hand I could use Inkscape and import the svg to Athens , which what I am about to research. Designing all GUI elements by code is a very bad idea, but no less a learning experience. 

why?
Just continue and learn.

path relative.
 ].
].

]

I did 

path relative .
 ].
path relative .
 ].
path relative .
 ].

try:

Ben

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Reply | Threaded
|

kilon.alios
In reply to this post by Igor Stasenko
please note that the button for inserting an image is different to the button for attaching an image. Strange that it does not let you attach files, maybe if you zip, but in any case why dont you make smalltalkhub repo and publish the code there and give me  the link to it ? 

On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 6:36 AM, Igor Stasenko <[hidden email]> wrote:

and need multiple more clicks to enable weird sharing, like sending a copy is not

Alexandre
--

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>                 ].
> ].
>
>
> ]
>
>
>
>
>
>
> I did
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>                 ].
>
>
>                 ].
>
>
>
>
>                 ].
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> try:
>
>
>
>
>
> Ben
>
>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko.
>
>
>
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko.
>

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Reply | Threaded
|

kilon.alios
In reply to this post by Stéphane Ducasse
"why?" what Stephane ? 

Continue what ?

I did not say I don't want to learn . 

On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 9:52 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

why?
Just continue and learn.

path relative.
 ].
].

]

I did 

path relative .
 ].
path relative .
 ].
path relative .
 ].

try:

Ben

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Reply | Threaded
|

Igor Stasenko

On 29 November 2013 09:42, kilon alios <[hidden email]> wrote:
please note that the button for inserting an image is different to the button for attaching an image. Strange that it does not let you attach files, maybe if you zip, but in any case why dont you make smalltalkhub repo and publish the code there and give me  the link to it ? 

because i don't publish every bit of experimental code i did , only less experimental :)
another try, sent you files privately by normal attachment.

On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 6:36 AM, Igor Stasenko <[hidden email]> wrote:

Alexandre
--

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>                 ].
> ].
>
>
> ]
>
>
>
>
>
>
> I did
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>                 ].
>
>
>                 ].
>
>
>
>
>                 ].
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> try:
>
>
>
>
>
> Ben
>
>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko.
>
>
>
>