Copy & Paste

jtuchel
Is it only me or do others also see problems with Copy and Paste in VAST from time to time.

Not only is C&C almost non-existent on Linux, but also on Windows it sometimes stops to work. You copy and paste sourcecode between browsers and inspectors or between VASt and other applications, and at a certain point of time you neither can copy or paste anything from or into VAST windows, while other applications still work as expected.

In my experience, there is no difference between context menus and Ctrl+X/C/V. Sometimes Ctrl+X cuts text, but you cannot paste it any more, sometimes it doesn't.

Since I very often work on Citrix servers, I didn't pay attention to it first (because on Citrix, there are lots of these kinds of effects), but I just had a chat with another user and he told me he als sees the problem quite often. Then I paid more attention and realized it also happens natively on Windows boxes. And Linux, but as far as I now that is a known problem already.

So do others see this problem as well? Could you find any hints as to what this effect may be influenced by?

Joachim

Re: Copy & Paste

Louis LaBrunda
HI Joachim,

I see this kind of thing all the time on VA St V8.5 on my Windows 7 system all the time.  I often resort to clicking "Edit>Copy" in the workspace or browser window when I want to copy text.  Mostly  "Edit>Copy" works but sometimes it doesn't.  Usually the Ctr-v paste works.

Lou

Re: Copy & Paste

jtuchel
Lou,

good to hear I am not seeing ghosts ;-) It's sometimes hard to tell if you've gotten used to soem behaviours that help you ship around cliffs.

I cannot confirm that Ctrl-V works. It doesn't paste, but maybe that's because there's a problem with copying or cutting. Often times, pasting Code that I copied from VAST doesn't get pasted into other applications as well...

So I guess the only way to find out is to add some logging and see what's happening under the covers.

Joachim

Am Freitag, 16. März 2012 15:04:20 UTC+1 schrieb Louis LaBrunda:
HI Joachim,

I see this kind of thing all the time on VA St V8.5 on my Windows 7 system all the time.  I often resort to clicking "Edit>Copy" in the workspace or browser window when I want to copy text.  Mostly  "Edit>Copy" works but sometimes it doesn't.  Usually the Ctr-v paste works.

Lou

Re: Copy & Paste

Marten Feldtmann-2
What I've noticed with V8.5.1 here under my Windows 7/64 bit version:

-> open a NEW application browser
-> go into a method, then select some code and do COPY with mouse
-> then place the cursor somewhere in that method and do an INSERT via keyboard (Shift+Ins) - on my computer nothing happened. This happens only for the first time. If you copy/paste again it works.

-> if you paste via mouse it works.