Copy of Model events

Bill Dargel
I was considering what needs to be done in #copy for some of my domain
objects that I had made subclasses of Model. I ran across the following
comment in Object>>postCopy.

 "Apply any final flourish to the copy that may be required.
 This should be overridden by subclasses which provide their own
 storage (i.e. in instance variable(s)) for events/dependents in
 order to release those (otherwise the copy will inherit them)."

So the question is... Is there some reason why Model isn't heeding this
advice for its "events" instance variable?

Bill Dargel            [hidden email]
Shoshana Technologies
100 West Joy Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48105  USA

Re: Copy of Model events

Blair McGlashan
"Bill Dargel" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> I was considering what needs to be done in #copy for some of my domain
> objects that I had made subclasses of Model. I ran across the following
> comment in Object>>postCopy.
>
>  "Apply any final flourish to the copy that may be required.
>  This should be overridden by subclasses which provide their own
>  storage (i.e. in instance variable(s)) for events/dependents in
>  order to release those (otherwise the copy will inherit them)."
>
> So the question is... Is there some reason why Model isn't heeding this
> advice for its "events" instance variable?

Good point. An oversight I would say, and one that has gone unnoticed for a
number of years. Thanks Bill (#1095).

Regards

Blair