Coral + OSProcess on Mac ==> Which VM?

Luc Fabresse
Hi all,

 The example script in the distribution: scriptFewThingsWithOSProcess.cst does not work for me.

 the line:

  process chDir: '/'

 outputs:

ProvideAnswerNotification: /bin: Interrupted system call

 Perhaps I used the wrong VM.
 I tried the Cog-Mac-Cocoa (from jenkins) and the Cog VM (from Eliot Website).
 which VM do you use?
 Mac Carbons VM disappeared  from jenkins?

Thanks,

#Luc

Re: Coral + OSProcess on Mac ==> Which VM?

Marcus Denker-4

On Mar 28, 2012, at 9:52 AM, Luc Fabresse wrote:

>  Mac Carbons VM disappeared  from jenkins?

yes, we need to have *one* VM, we can't maintain 20 different. Just the fact that
we use one version and are forced to fix all bugs...

--
Marcus Denker -- http://marcusdenker.de

Re: Coral + OSProcess on Mac ==> Which VM?

Damien Pollet
On 28 March 2012 09:52, Luc Fabresse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  Perhaps I used the wrong VM.
>  I tried the Cog-Mac-Cocoa (from jenkins) and the Cog VM (from Eliot
> Website).
>  which VM do you use?
>  Mac Carbons VM disappeared  from jenkins?

Yes, the Cocoa ones are now the preferred on Mac (either Cog-Mac-Cocoa
or the phrao-branded one.
About the error, I don't know… OSProcess needs some cleaning and
repackaging with CommandShell to get a package that makes sense.

Camillo and I have started making a simpler interface to environment
variables, arguments, working directory, etc, based on the OSProcess
primitives. IMHO this should be part of all images. Then OSProcess
should extend that with features to launch child processes and capture
their I/O, return status, etc

--
Damien Pollet

2012/3/28 Damien Pollet <[hidden email]>
On 28 March 2012 09:52, Luc Fabresse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  Perhaps I used the wrong VM.
>  I tried the Cog-Mac-Cocoa (from jenkins) and the Cog VM (from Eliot
> Website).
>  which VM do you use?
>  Mac Carbons VM disappeared  from jenkins?

Yes, the Cocoa ones are now the preferred on Mac (either Cog-Mac-Cocoa
or the phrao-branded one.
About the error, I don't know… OSProcess needs some cleaning and
repackaging with CommandShell to get a package that makes sense.

Camillo and I have started making a simpler interface to environment
variables, arguments, working directory, etc, based on the OSProcess
primitives. IMHO this should be part of all images. Then OSProcess
should extend that with features to launch child processes and capture
their I/O, return status, etc

ok.
May I give a try to you code?
Do you use the Mac Cocoa VM or the Eliot one?

Luc

--
Damien Pollet

On 28 March 2012 13:45, Luc Fabresse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> May I give a try to you code?
> Do you use the Mac Cocoa VM or the Eliot one?

It's System-HostEnvironment in the Coral repo.
http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/coral.html/Latest

I use https://ci.lille.inria.fr/pharo/view/VM/job/Pharo-Mac-Cocoa/ but
cog-mac-cocoa is the same.

--
Damien Pollet

Re: Coral + OSProcess on Mac ==> Which VM?

Luc Fabresse

2012/3/28 Damien Pollet <[hidden email]>
On 28 March 2012 13:45, Luc Fabresse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> May I give a try to you code?
> Do you use the Mac Cocoa VM or the Eliot one?

It's System-HostEnvironment in the Coral repo.
http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/coral.html/Latest

ok Thanks.
I will give a try.

Luc