Core-Packages

KenDickey
Juan,

I think it would be good to simplify the 'Contributing to Cuis' section in the README.md file.

If you adopt the attached package, you can simplify the script to:

  Feature require: #'Core-Packages'.

Hey, if you do it, it is official.  8^)

Also, it would be nice to have a line or two in the Contributing section on using Features via the 'Installed Packages' browser to automate loading required packages.

Perhaps something like:

------
If you are developing a package which depends on other packages being loaded, you can use the 'Add requirement' button in the 'Installed Packages' browser.

Once you have added all package requirements, you can use the 'Save' button in the browser to save the requirements with your package.

  Feature require: #<your-package>

In a new image will then automatically load all required packages as well as your own package.
------

$0.02
--
-KenD

Core-Packages.pck.st (642 bytes) Download Attachment
-KenD

Re: Core-Packages

Hannes Hirzel
Ken, could you please add a description to the Core-Packages.pck.st
file you propose

'From Cuis 4.2 of 25 July 2013 [latest update: #1978] on 28 April 2014
at 2:23:26.360998 pm'!
'Description Please enter a description for this package'!
!provides: 'Core-Packages' 1 1!
!requires: 'Theme-Themes' 1 1 nil!
!requires: 'Tests' 1 8 nil!
!requires: 'JSON' 1 3 nil!
!requires: 'FFITests' 1 2 nil!
!requires: 'Network-Kernel' 1 1 nil!
!requires: 'Cuis-Base' 42 1960 nil!
!requires: 'Graphics-Files-Additional' 1 1 nil!
!requires: 'SignalProcessing' 1 2 nil!

--Hannes

On 4/28/14, Ken Dickey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Juan,
>
> I think it would be good to simplify the 'Contributing to Cuis' section in
> the README.md file.
>
> If you adopt the attached package, you can simplify the script to:
>
>   Feature require: #'Core-Packages'.
>

> Hey, if you do it, it is official.  8^)
>

> Also, it would be nice to have a line or two in the Contributing section on
> using Features via the 'Installed Packages' browser to automate loading
> required packages.
>
> Perhaps something like:
>
> ------
> If you are developing a package which depends on other packages being
> loaded, you can use the 'Add requirement' button in the 'Installed Packages'
> browser.
>
> Once you have added all package requirements, you can use the 'Save' button
> in the browser to save the requirements with your package.
>
>   Feature require: #<your-package>
>
> In a new image will then automatically load all required packages as well as
> your own package.
> ------
>
> $0.02
> --
> -KenD

Re: Core-Packages

KenDickey
On Fri, 2 May 2014 06:21:33 +0000
"H. Hirzel" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Description Please enter a description for this package

Ah!  How about something like:

'This package requires all Core Cuis packages.  Require me and you require the core.'

But feel free to add whatever you like.

In an open system any and all can contribute!

-KenD

-KenD

Re: Core-Packages

Juan Vuletich-4