Could there be a problem with the following function?

Could there be a problem with the following function?

FDominicus

I'm not sure, what this really does,  but I assume date is
converted to some slovenien date. Well I have used the Standard German
stuff and the ISO Date format yyyy-mm-dd.

And so I run into an exception here.

autoConvertToString: anObject
        "try to convert object to string depending on object type"
        "Squeak specific!"
        (anObject isKindOf: String) ifTrue: [^anObject].
        (anObject isKindOf: Integer) ifTrue: [^anObject printString].
        (anObject isKindOf: Point) ifTrue: [^anObject printDotString]. "???" "Squeak specific!"
        (anObject isKindOf: Date) ifTrue: [^anObject shorterPrintSloString].
        anObject aidaIsAssociation ifTrue: [^anObject]. "multilingual"
        ^anObject printString

Of course could be that I'm doing something stupid...

Regards
Friedrich

Re: Could there be a problem with the following function?

Janko Mivšek
On 07. 12. 2010 09:09, Friedrich Dominicus wrote:

> I'm not sure, what this really does,  but I assume date is
> converted to some slovenien date. Well I have used the Standard German
> stuff and the ISO Date format yyyy-mm-dd.

Yes, due to nonexistent locale support back in 90s there are some
additional methods for Slovenian locale. Any method with *Slo* is such.

Slo Date is in dd.mm.yyyy or shorter dd.mm.yy format, like 7.12.10 today
isn't such in most of Europe?

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web

Re: Could there be a problem with the following function?

Nicolas Petton
Le mardi 07 décembre 2010 à 14:07 +0100, Janko Mivšek a écrit :
> Slo Date is in dd.mm.yyyy or shorter dd.mm.yy format, like 7.12.10
> today
> isn't such in most of Europe?
It's like that in France too.

Cheers,