Counting objects and classes of a MooseModel

Counting objects and classes of a MooseModel

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi all. I don't know why but today I am completly dumb. I need to take a MooseModel and get two things:

- how many objects represents such MooseModel object. I mean, suppose that MooseModel references objects, and those objects references other objects....etc. I need to know the "size" of such graph.
- how many classes represents such MooseModel object.

So for example, for Moose default model I could have 4034 objects, 8 classes.
For Moose Network Model, I could have 54354365 objects and 344 classes

(I put random numbers)

I tried analysing the RuntimeStorage, but didn't get anything.

Thanks in advance.

Mariano

Re: Counting objects and classes of a MooseModel

Simon Denier-3

On 25 juin 2010, at 10:35, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Hi all. I don't know why but today I am completly dumb. I need to take a MooseModel and get two things:
>
> - how many objects represents such MooseModel object. I mean, suppose that MooseModel references objects, and those objects references other objects....etc. I need to know the "size" of such graph.

You mean regular objects, not just famix objects ?

> - how many classes represents such MooseModel object.
>
> So for example, for Moose default model I could have 4034 objects, 8 classes.
> For Moose Network Model, I could have 54354365 objects and 344 classes
>
> (I put random numbers)
>
> I tried analysing the RuntimeStorage, but didn't get anything.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Mariano

 Simon

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 10:39 AM, Simon Denier <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 25 juin 2010, at 10:35, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Hi all. I don't know why but today I am completly dumb. I need to take a MooseModel and get two things:
>
> - how many objects represents such MooseModel object. I mean, suppose that MooseModel references objects, and those objects references other objects....etc. I need to know the "size" of such graph.

You mean regular objects, not just famix objects ?

mmmm I am not sure I know what famix objects are. I am just doing some benchmarks with ImageSegment and ReferenceStream for object graphs and I am using this MooseModels as examples. I need to know the size of the graph. So. I guess in my case I am interesting in regular obejcts. What do you think?

cheers

mariano

> - how many classes represents such MooseModel object.
>
> So for example, for Moose default model I could have 4034 objects, 8 classes.
> For Moose Network Model, I could have 54354365 objects and 344 classes
>
> (I put random numbers)
>
> I tried analysing the RuntimeStorage, but didn't get anything.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Mariano

 Simon

Re: Counting objects and classes of a MooseModel

Mariano Martinez Peck
If someone can help me with this I will REALLY appreciated as I need it for a paper deadline of monday noon :(

thanks in advance

mariano

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 10:46 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 10:39 AM, Simon Denier <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 25 juin 2010, at 10:35, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Hi all. I don't know why but today I am completly dumb. I need to take a MooseModel and get two things:
>
> - how many objects represents such MooseModel object. I mean, suppose that MooseModel references objects, and those objects references other objects....etc. I need to know the "size" of such graph.

You mean regular objects, not just famix objects ?

mmmm I am not sure I know what famix objects are. I am just doing some benchmarks with ImageSegment and ReferenceStream for object graphs and I am using this MooseModels as examples. I need to know the size of the graph. So. I guess in my case I am interesting in regular obejcts. What do you think?

cheers

mariano

> - how many classes represents such MooseModel object.
>
> So for example, for Moose default model I could have 4034 objects, 8 classes.
> For Moose Network Model, I could have 54354365 objects and 344 classes
>
> (I put random numbers)
>
> I tried analysing the RuntimeStorage, but didn't get anything.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Mariano

 Simon

Re: Counting objects and classes of a MooseModel

Alexandre Bergel
Have you tried: SpaceTally new printSpaceAnalysis
There is also MemoryMonitor that tells you the amount of free memory over the time. You can simply see the memory consumption before and after loading.
In Spy there is also a memory profiler. It tells you the memory consumption for each method.

Cheers,
Alexandre

On 26 Jun 2010, at 20:57, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> If someone can help me with this I will REALLY appreciated as I need it for a paper deadline of monday noon :(
>
> thanks in advance
>
> mariano
>
> On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 10:46 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 10:39 AM, Simon Denier <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 25 juin 2010, at 10:35, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>
> > Hi all. I don't know why but today I am completly dumb. I need to take a MooseModel and get two things:
> >
> > - how many objects represents such MooseModel object. I mean, suppose that MooseModel references objects, and those objects references other objects....etc. I need to know the "size" of such graph.
>
> You mean regular objects, not just famix objects ?
>
> mmmm I am not sure I know what famix objects are. I am just doing some benchmarks with ImageSegment and ReferenceStream for object graphs and I am using this MooseModels as examples. I need to know the size of the graph. So. I guess in my case I am interesting in regular obejcts. What do you think?
>
> cheers
>
> mariano
>

> > - how many classes represents such MooseModel object.
> >
> > So for example, for Moose default model I could have 4034 objects, 8 classes.
> > For Moose Network Model, I could have 54354365 objects and 344 classes
> >
> > (I put random numbers)
> >
> > I tried analysing the RuntimeStorage, but didn't get anything.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Mariano

>  Simon

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Counting objects and classes of a MooseModel

Tudor Girba
Hi Mariano,

It seems to me like your problem has nothing to do with Moose, but
with Smalltalk in general. You seem to want to get to all objects that
can be referred from a root object.

Do I understand correctly?

If yes, then would a normal traversal of the values of the instance
variables not be enough (of course with a check that a duplication
does not exist already)?

Cheers,
Doru

On 26 Jun 2010, at 20:57, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> If someone can help me with this I will REALLY appreciated as I need
> it for a paper deadline of monday noon :(
>
> thanks in advance
>
> mariano
>
> On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 10:46 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]
> > wrote:
>

> On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 10:39 AM, Simon Denier
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 25 juin 2010, at 10:35, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>
> > Hi all. I don't know why but today I am completly dumb. I need to
> take a MooseModel and get two things:
> >
> > - how many objects represents such MooseModel object. I mean,
> suppose that MooseModel references objects, and those objects
> references other objects....etc. I need to know the "size" of such
> graph.
>
> You mean regular objects, not just famix objects ?
>
> mmmm I am not sure I know what famix objects are. I am just doing
> some benchmarks with ImageSegment and ReferenceStream for object
> graphs and I am using this MooseModels as examples. I need to know
> the size of the graph. So. I guess in my case I am interesting in
> regular obejcts. What do you think?
>
> cheers
>
> mariano
>

> > - how many classes represents such MooseModel object.
> >
> > So for example, for Moose default model I could have 4034 objects,
> 8 classes.
> > For Moose Network Model, I could have 54354365 objects and 344
> classes
> >
> > (I put random numbers)
> >
> > I tried analysing the RuntimeStorage, but didn't get anything.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Mariano

>  Simon

www.tudorgirba.com

"What we can governs what we wish."

Re: Counting objects and classes of a MooseModel

Mariano

open a MooseFinder and you will get all the data you need in the pane.
You can sum up the number of classes, methods, packages,....
Stef

On Jun 26, 2010, at 8:57 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> If someone can help me with this I will REALLY appreciated as I need it for a paper deadline of monday noon :(
>
> thanks in advance
>
> mariano
>
> On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 10:46 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 10:39 AM, Simon Denier <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 25 juin 2010, at 10:35, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>
> > Hi all. I don't know why but today I am completly dumb. I need to take a MooseModel and get two things:
> >
> > - how many objects represents such MooseModel object. I mean, suppose that MooseModel references objects, and those objects references other objects....etc. I need to know the "size" of such graph.
>
> You mean regular objects, not just famix objects ?
>
> mmmm I am not sure I know what famix objects are. I am just doing some benchmarks with ImageSegment and ReferenceStream for object graphs and I am using this MooseModels as examples. I need to know the size of the graph. So. I guess in my case I am interesting in regular obejcts. What do you think?
>
> cheers
>
> mariano
>

> > - how many classes represents such MooseModel object.
> >
> > So for example, for Moose default model I could have 4034 objects, 8 classes.
> > For Moose Network Model, I could have 54354365 objects and 344 classes
> >
> > (I put random numbers)
> >
> > I tried analysing the RuntimeStorage, but didn't get anything.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Mariano

>  Simon

Re: Counting objects and classes of a MooseModel

Tudor Girba
If you just want to count the number of objects in the model you can
just do mooseModel size, but these are just the entities, not all
Smalltalk objects.

Mariano, do you see the mails from this mailing list? (there were a
couple of responses already, and we need more info to be able to help
you)

Cheers,
Doru

On 26 Jun 2010, at 22:34, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Mariano
>
> open a MooseFinder and you will get all the data you need in the pane.
> You can sum up the number of classes, methods, packages,....
> Stef
>
> On Jun 26, 2010, at 8:57 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>
>> If someone can help me with this I will REALLY appreciated as I
>> need it for a paper deadline of monday noon :(
>>
>> thanks in advance
>>
>> mariano
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 10:46 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]
>> > wrote:
>>

>> On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 10:39 AM, Simon Denier
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On 25 juin 2010, at 10:35, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all. I don't know why but today I am completly dumb. I need to
>>> take a MooseModel and get two things:
>>>
>>> - how many objects represents such MooseModel object. I mean,
>>> suppose that MooseModel references objects, and those objects
>>> references other objects....etc. I need to know the "size" of such
>>> graph.
>>
>> You mean regular objects, not just famix objects ?
>>
>> mmmm I am not sure I know what famix objects are. I am just doing
>> some benchmarks with ImageSegment and ReferenceStream for object
>> graphs and I am using this MooseModels as examples. I need to know
>> the size of the graph. So. I guess in my case I am interesting in
>> regular obejcts. What do you think?
>>
>> cheers
>>
>> mariano
>>

>>> - how many classes represents such MooseModel object.
>>>
>>> So for example, for Moose default model I could have 4034 objects,
>>> 8 classes.
>>> For Moose Network Model, I could have 54354365 objects and 344
>>> classes
>>>
>>> (I put random numbers)
>>>
>>> I tried analysing the RuntimeStorage, but didn't get anything.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> Mariano
>>
>> --
>> Simon

www.tudorgirba.com

"Not knowing how to do something is not an argument for how it cannot
be done."

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 10:46 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
If you just want to count the number of objects in the model you can just do mooseModel size, but these are just the entities, not all Smalltalk objects.

Mariano, do you see the mails from this mailing list? (there were a couple of responses already, and we need more info to be able to help you)

Thanks Doru. Yes, I am receiving the emails. I was out a couple of hours :)

Yes, you are right, my question is more Smalltalk related than moose. And yes, as you said I want to know all the objects accesible from the root (the model in this case). I image such model as the base of a graoh and I would like to know the size of it. I guess I have to do it manually, preventing duplicates and loops in cycles, as you said.

Thanks anyway,