CreateSchematicWiring not called?

Günther Schmidt
Hi,

I've created a subclass of Presenter and written a createSchematicWiring
method.

It seems that it doesn't get called during view initialization, however
createComponents does.

 From which level on would I have to subclass for createSchematicWiring
to be called automatically?

Or where would be a good entry point to call it?

Günther

PS: Sqeak has a method browser which will let you find callers of a
method, is there a similar mechanism in Dolphin? (Not containing text)

Re: CreateSchematicWiring not called?

Ian Bartholomew-19
Günther,

> I've created a subclass of Presenter and written a createSchematicWiring
> method.
>
> It seems that it doesn't get called during view initialization, however
> createComponents does.

a) You've spelt it wrong. Don't laugh, I do that once in every 10 tries :-)
b) You've added a #onViewOpened method and haven't started it with a
supersend (super onViewOpened)
c) Something else :-)

> From which level on would I have to subclass for createSchematicWiring to
> be called automatically?
>
> Or where would be a good entry point to call it?

You shouldn't have to do anything, it will be called automatically for any
Presenter subclass.

> PS: Sqeak has a method browser which will let you find callers of a
> method, is there a similar mechanism in Dolphin? (Not containing text)

-Right click on a method's selector and you have various options to list
references to the selected method.
-In the browsers source view right click and select Browse/References To
(global or local).
-From the main Methods menu click Browse/References To (global or local)
-Press shift-F12 in any browser

--
Ian

Use the Reply-To address to contact me.

Re: CreateSchematicWiring not called?

Christopher J. Demers
"Günther Schmidt" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> I've created a subclass of Presenter and written a createSchematicWiring
> method.
>
> It seems that it doesn't get called during view initialization, however
> createComponents does.

The most likly problem is that you have implimented onViewOpened without a
supersend.  Make sure the line:
super onViewOpened is in all your onViewOpened methods.

> PS: Sqeak has a method browser which will let you find callers of a
> method, is there a similar mechanism in Dolphin? (Not containing text)

Yes, in Dolphin it is called "References to".  You can find that command on
the method list context menu in Dolphin or you can  use the keyboard
shortcut SHIFT-F12.

Chris

Re: CreateSchematicWiring not called?

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Günther,

> I've created a subclass of Presenter and written a createSchematicWiring
> method.
>
> It seems that it doesn't get called during view initialization, however
> createComponents does.

Are you certain the selector "spelling" is correct?  You might also have
failed to super-send somewhere along the line such that the code that
would call it is not called.

>  From which level on would I have to subclass for createSchematicWiring
> to be called automatically?

It should work anywhere in the hierarchy; something else is wrong.

> PS: Sqeak has a method browser which will let you find callers of a
> method, is there a similar mechanism in Dolphin? (Not containing text)

Try F12 and Shift-F12 in any workspace (you can use wildcards), or right
click in a method list and look for definitions/refences, and local
defs/refs.  See Browse in the debugger call stack context menu.

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: CreateSchematicWiring not called?

Günther Schmidt
Thanks Guys,

it was in the onViewOpened and driving me nuts.

The method invoker finder did actually work as you guys said it had only
confused at first because it seemed to show only method definitions with
that name (which where there because they did a super ... ).