CreateStone 3.3.0 error

GLASS mailing list
Hi!

I am trying to install a Gemstone instance based on GSDevKit.

After I start the "createStone" process I get the following error

Project: Gofer Project Loader 1.0-alpha2.2
Project: Gofer Core 1.0.2.1
Project: OB 0.242.1

Retrying 'http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/MetacelloRepository/?C=M;O=D'
(1) 'SpSocketError: Socket connect error: nil'

Is the repository down or does a configuration contain a typo?

Any ideas?

  Thank you!

Sebastian

Re: CreateStone 3.3.0 error

GLASS mailing list
Sebastian,

Good to hear from you again:)

There are occasional glitches that pop up when hitting
http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss .. Retrying the build should get you back
in business (`createStone -f` will allow you to recreate the stone in
one step).

Dale

On 02/28/2017 11:57 AM, Sebastian Heidbrink via Glass wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I am trying to install a Gemstone instance based on GSDevKit.
>
> After I start the "createStone" process I get the following error

> Project: Gofer Project Loader 1.0-alpha2.2
> Project: Gofer Core 1.0.2.1
> Project: OB 0.242.1
>
> Retrying 'http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/MetacelloRepository/?C=M;O=D'
> (1) 'SpSocketError: Socket connect error: nil'
>

> Is the repository down or does a configuration contain a typo?
>
> Any ideas?
>
>  Thank you!
>
> Sebastian

Re: CreateStone 3.3.0 error

GLASS mailing list
Sebastian,

It's worth mentioning that 3.3.3 is the latest version of GemStone/S so
if you are starting a new stone, you should consider using the latest
version ...

Dale

On 02/28/2017 12:03 PM, Dale Henrichs wrote:

> Sebastian,
>
> Good to hear from you again:)
>
> There are occasional glitches that pop up when hitting
> http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss .. Retrying the build should get you
> back in business (`createStone -f` will allow you to recreate the
> stone in one step).
>
> Dale
>

> On 02/28/2017 11:57 AM, Sebastian Heidbrink via Glass wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I am trying to install a Gemstone instance based on GSDevKit.
>>
>> After I start the "createStone" process I get the following error

>> Project: Gofer Project Loader 1.0-alpha2.2
>> Project: Gofer Core 1.0.2.1
>> Project: OB 0.242.1
>>
>> Retrying
>> 'http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/MetacelloRepository/?C=M;O=D' (1)
>> 'SpSocketError: Socket connect error: nil'
>>

>> Is the repository down or does a configuration contain a typo?
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>>  Thank you!
>>
>> Sebastian

Re: CreateStone 3.3.0 error

GLASS mailing list
Hi Dale,

I tried to create a 3.3.3 stone ,but same result:

Am 28.02.2017 um 12:04 schrieb Dale Henrichs via Glass:

> Sebastian,
>
> It's worth mentioning that 3.3.3 is the latest version of GemStone/S
> so if you are starting a new stone, you should consider using the
> latest version ...
>
> Dale
>

> On 02/28/2017 12:03 PM, Dale Henrichs wrote:
>> Sebastian,
>>
>> Good to hear from you again:)
>>
>> There are occasional glitches that pop up when hitting
>> http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss .. Retrying the build should get you
>> back in business (`createStone -f` will allow you to recreate the
>> stone in one step).
>>
>> Dale
>>

>> On 02/28/2017 11:57 AM, Sebastian Heidbrink via Glass wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I am trying to install a Gemstone instance based on GSDevKit.
>>>
>>> After I start the "createStone" process I get the following error

>>> Project: Gofer Project Loader 1.0-alpha2.2
>>> Project: Gofer Core 1.0.2.1
>>> Project: OB 0.242.1
>>>
>>> Retrying
>>> 'http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/MetacelloRepository/?C=M;O=D' (1)
>>> 'SpSocketError: Socket connect error: nil'
>>>

>>> Is the repository down or does a configuration contain a typo?
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>>  Thank you!
>>>
>>> Sebastian

Re: CreateStone 3.3.0 error

GLASS mailing list
Ohhh okay,... just got this.

Okay, I will try again later.

Thank you
Sebastian

Am 28.02.2017 um 12:03 schrieb Dale Henrichs via Glass:

> Sebastian,
>
> Good to hear from you again:)
>
> There are occasional glitches that pop up when hitting
> http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss .. Retrying the build should get you
> back in business (`createStone -f` will allow you to recreate the
> stone in one step).
>
> Dale
>

> On 02/28/2017 11:57 AM, Sebastian Heidbrink via Glass wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I am trying to install a Gemstone instance based on GSDevKit.
>>
>> After I start the "createStone" process I get the following error

>> Project: Gofer Project Loader 1.0-alpha2.2
>> Project: Gofer Core 1.0.2.1
>> Project: OB 0.242.1
>>
>> Retrying
>> 'http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/MetacelloRepository/?C=M;O=D' (1)
>> 'SpSocketError: Socket connect error: nil'
>>

>> Is the repository down or does a configuration contain a typo?
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>>  Thank you!
>>
>> Sebastian

Re: CreateStone 3.3.0 error

GLASS mailing list
Sebastian,

I just noticed that the problematic url is seaside.gemstone.com ... the
repository is actually on seaside.gemtalksystems.com. We no longer own
or control the gemstone.com domain.

Periodically the forwarding mechanism from seaside.gemstone.com to
seaside.gemtalksystems.com drops off-line and this appears to be one of
those occasions. In the past the forwarder has come back on-line before
I've been able to find and fix the references to seaside.gemstone.com in
old configurations ...

... and it looks like you've stumbled across another one ... I've
reproduced the problem locally, so I will see if I can come up with a
patch and get it tested before the forwarder comes back on-line:)

Dale

On 02/28/2017 01:15 PM, Sebastian Heidbrink via Glass wrote:

> Hi Dale,
>
> I tried to create a 3.3.3 stone ,but same result:
>
> Project: Gofer Project Loader 1.0-alpha2.2
> Project: Gofer Core 1.0.2.1
> Project: OB 0.242.1
> Retrying 'http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/MetacelloRepository/?C=M;O=D'
> (1) 'SpSocketError: Socket connect error: nil'
>
> Sebastian
>

> Am 28.02.2017 um 12:04 schrieb Dale Henrichs via Glass:
>> Sebastian,
>>
>> It's worth mentioning that 3.3.3 is the latest version of GemStone/S
>> so if you are starting a new stone, you should consider using the
>> latest version ...
>>
>> Dale
>>

>> On 02/28/2017 12:03 PM, Dale Henrichs wrote:
>>> Sebastian,
>>>
>>> Good to hear from you again:)
>>>
>>> There are occasional glitches that pop up when hitting
>>> http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss .. Retrying the build should get you
>>> back in business (`createStone -f` will allow you to recreate the
>>> stone in one step).
>>>
>>> Dale

Re: CreateStone 3.3.0 error

GLASS mailing list
That sounds great!

Thank you, Dale!
Sebastian

Am 28.02.2017 um 13:44 schrieb Dale Henrichs via Glass:

> Sebastian,
>
> I just noticed that the problematic url is seaside.gemstone.com ...
> the repository is actually on seaside.gemtalksystems.com. We no longer
> own or control the gemstone.com domain.
>
> Periodically the forwarding mechanism from seaside.gemstone.com to
> seaside.gemtalksystems.com drops off-line and this appears to be one
> of those occasions. In the past the forwarder has come back on-line
> before I've been able to find and fix the references to
> seaside.gemstone.com in old configurations ...
>
> ... and it looks like you've stumbled across another one ... I've
> reproduced the problem locally, so I will see if I can come up with a
> patch and get it tested before the forwarder comes back on-line:)
>
> Dale
>

> On 02/28/2017 01:15 PM, Sebastian Heidbrink via Glass wrote:
>> Hi Dale,
>>
>> I tried to create a 3.3.3 stone ,but same result:
>>
>> Project: Gofer Project Loader 1.0-alpha2.2
>> Project: Gofer Core 1.0.2.1
>> Project: OB 0.242.1
>> Retrying
>> 'http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/MetacelloRepository/?C=M;O=D' (1)
>> 'SpSocketError: Socket connect error: nil'
>>
>> Sebastian
>>

>> Am 28.02.2017 um 12:04 schrieb Dale Henrichs via Glass:
>>> Sebastian,
>>>
>>> It's worth mentioning that 3.3.3 is the latest version of GemStone/S
>>> so if you are starting a new stone, you should consider using the
>>> latest version ...
>>>
>>> Dale

Re: CreateStone 3.3.0 error

GLASS mailing list
Sebastian,

I was able to push out a new ConfigurationOfGLASS and
ConfigurationOfGsOB and that appears to have fixed the problem.
ConfigurationOfOB still had references to seaside.gemstone.com.

The bootstrap process in `createStone` should now "automatically" use
the newer package version of ConfigurationOfOB.

A fresh createStone worked for me.

These days there aren't that many packages that are loaded from
seaside.gemtalksystems.com/ss once the bootstrap process is completed.

Let me know if other issues pop up. Who knows maybe this time
seaside.gemstone.com will be down for good?

Dale

On 02/28/2017 01:44 PM, Dale Henrichs wrote:

> Sebastian,
>
> I just noticed that the problematic url is seaside.gemstone.com ...
> the repository is actually on seaside.gemtalksystems.com. We no longer
> own or control the gemstone.com domain.
>
> Periodically the forwarding mechanism from seaside.gemstone.com to
> seaside.gemtalksystems.com drops off-line and this appears to be one
> of those occasions. In the past the forwarder has come back on-line
> before I've been able to find and fix the references to
> seaside.gemstone.com in old configurations ...
>
> ... and it looks like you've stumbled across another one ... I've
> reproduced the problem locally, so I will see if I can come up with a
> patch and get it tested before the forwarder comes back on-line:)
>
> Dale
>

> On 02/28/2017 01:15 PM, Sebastian Heidbrink via Glass wrote:
>> Hi Dale,
>>
>> I tried to create a 3.3.3 stone ,but same result:
>>
>> Project: Gofer Project Loader 1.0-alpha2.2
>> Project: Gofer Core 1.0.2.1
>> Project: OB 0.242.1
>> Retrying
>> 'http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/MetacelloRepository/?C=M;O=D' (1)
>> 'SpSocketError: Socket connect error: nil'
>>
>> Sebastian
>>

>> Am 28.02.2017 um 12:04 schrieb Dale Henrichs via Glass:
>>> Sebastian,
>>>
>>> It's worth mentioning that 3.3.3 is the latest version of GemStone/S
>>> so if you are starting a new stone, you should consider using the
>>> latest version ...
>>>
>>> Dale

Re: CreateStone 3.3.0 error

GLASS mailing list
Dale,

thank you! That fix worked! I am up and running again.

Cheers!
Sebastian