Creating Korean String

Philippe Marschall
Hi

For a test I create a korean string using:

String with: (Character value: 50976) with: (Character
value: 47532) with: (Character value: 47484)

Should this work everywhere?

Cheers
Philippe

RE: Creating Korean String

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
Works on VisualWorks 7.5,

Cheers!

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322
DeepCove Labs Ltd.

[hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

attachments.

Thank you.

Re: Creating Korean String

Chun, Sungjin
it seems that it does not work. My question is that what kind of encoding
does the string has? My image does have font for UTF8 encoded korean
string. But your code does not show me a valid korean string. just
'???' is displayed.

2007/7/25, "S.J.Chun" <[hidden email]>:
> it seems that it does not work.
> My question is that what kind of encoding
> does the string has?

"new Squeak"

> My image does have font for UTF8 encoded korean
> string. But your code does not show me a valid korean string. just
> '???' is displayed.

That is not enough proof to me that creating the string doesn't work.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: Re: Creating Korean String

Chun, Sungjin
 "new Squeak" means it uses other encoding system than one in 3.8? Hmm if so,
my result is very normal :-)

> My question is that what kind of encoding
> does the string has?

"new Squeak"

> My image does have font for UTF8 encoded korean
> string. But your code does not show me a valid korean string. just
> '???' is displayed.

That is not enough proof to me that creating the string doesn't work.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: Creating Korean String

Yoshiki Ohshima
  Philippe,

> For a test I create a korean string using:
>
> String with: (Character value: 50976) with: (Character
> value: 47532) with: (Character value: 47484)
>
> Should this work everywhere?

  It depends on what you mean by "work".  In anycase, these should be
created with leadingChar:code: like (assuming these code point are valid):

String with: (Character leadingChar: 7 code: 50976) with: (Character
leadingChar: 7 code: 47532) with: (Character leadingChar: 7 code:
47484)

  Then, you should be able to render the string with existing font file for Korean.

-- Yoshiki

Re: Creating Korean String

Philippe Marschall
2007/7/30, Yoshiki Ohshima <[hidden email]>:

>   Philippe,
>
> > For a test I create a korean string using:
> >
> > String with: (Character value: 50976) with: (Character
> > value: 47532) with: (Character value: 47484)
> >
> > Should this work everywhere?
>
>   It depends on what you mean by "work".  In anycase, these should be
> created with leadingChar:code: like (assuming these code point are valid):

That's not how it will be created when I a web application is used.

Philippe