Creating an admin section

sergio_101

Part of my website will involve a straightforward admin section. By simple, I mean: I will be the only one using it, and I don't need a full authentication/authorization system.

My initial thought is to make a separate web application in the same image. The admin applcation would extend WAComponent but would be completely different from the public facing site. This site would be hidden behind Seaside's simple authentication, and I would call it a working application.

Does anyone see any issues in this implementation?

Thanks!

----
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary

Public Key: http://bit.ly/29z9fG0
#BitMessage BM-NBaswViL21xqgg9STRJjaJaUoyiNe2dV
http://www.codeandmusic.com
http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: Creating an admin section

Paul DeBruicker
I usually just make a subclass of my user class e.g. MySuperUser class and
just add the admin stuff to a component in my app thats only shown to those
users, generally accessed in the footer of the HTML document.  Rather than
making a separate app.

In that way I can
 - reuse all the account management stuff I have already
 - I only have one nginx configuration to manage
 - the page is already styled like & behaves like the rest of the app
 - I can expose beta functionality in the app to MySuperUser class users
 -  and I can "become" regular app users to see whats going on in an account
if something is weird for a user without having to authenticate as them in
some other way.

A separate app seems fine though too if you prefer.

Kind of depends on what you want to do as admin I guess.  And I'm sure there
are things I'd like to do if I only knew.

sergio_101 wrote

--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Seaside-General-f86180.html