Creating an .exe

Steve Graham-2
The Dolphin Smalltalk website says the following for XP Pro:

The Lagoon deployment kit provides image stripping facilities to deploy
your application as an EXE file.

And for the DVE product it says:

it *is* possible to use DVE to create standalone applications that are not
in EXE format.

So, if a person were to use DVE to create a product, would he/she have
to also ship an interpreter or run-time program along with the actual
product?

TIA, Steve

Re: Creating an .exe

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Steve,

> And for the DVE product it says:
>
> it *is* possible to use DVE to create standalone applications that are not
> in EXE format.
>
> So, if a person were to use DVE to create a product, would he/she have
> to also ship an interpreter or run-time program along with the actual
> product?

There is some discussion of this in the archives, and you will probably
want to review it.  With that said, my recollection is that OA will not
stop you from deploying from DVE (within the constraints of the license
agreement), but they also do not support it.  IMHO, you should get DPRO.
  There are many features of it that are worth the money, and Lagoon is
high on the list.

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: Creating an .exe

Udo Schneider
Steve Graham wrote:
> So, if a person were to use DVE to create a product, would he/she have
> to also ship an interpreter or run-time program along with the actual
> product?
All deployment options are explained here:
http://www.object-arts.com/Lib/EducationCentre4/htm/deployingapplications.htm

If you choose to not use Lagoon you can use alternative methods
described here:
http://www.object-arts.com/Lib/EducationCentre4/htm/deployingapplicationswithoutlagoon.htm

CU,

Udo