Cryptography: ThirtyTwoBitRegister extensions

Cryptography: ThirtyTwoBitRegister extensions

cdavidshaffer
I removed the ThirtyTwoBitRegister extensions from Cryptography but this
hadan unintended side effect: If you've already loaded Cryptography into
a >= Squeak3.11 image, loading my publish will cause these important
methods to be removed.  I suspect that re-loading the proper kernel
package would fix this (I loaded System-ar.315.mcz from
source.squeak.org).  Should I add some kind of a Monticello post-load
script (if there is such a thing) to do this automatically or is a
version comment enough?

David

Re: Cryptography: ThirtyTwoBitRegister extensions

Colin Putney

On 2010-07-05, at 1:38 PM, C. David Shaffer wrote:

> I removed the ThirtyTwoBitRegister extensions from Cryptography but this
> hadan unintended side effect: If you've already loaded Cryptography into
> a >= Squeak3.11 image, loading my publish will cause these important
> methods to be removed.  I suspect that re-loading the proper kernel
> package would fix this (I loaded System-ar.315.mcz from
> source.squeak.org).  Should I add some kind of a Monticello post-load
> script (if there is such a thing) to do this automatically or is a
> version comment enough?

I say just do a version comment. Loading System-ar.315 is a weird side effect that shouldn't be permanently attached to Cryptography.

Colin