Cryptography decrufted

NorbertHartl
I cannot remember how many years I’m suffering with the poor quality of the Cryptography package. As people were complaining that voyage cannot be loaded in windows because cryptography contains old code that produces filenames with 311 charactern I decided to stop that. I changed the Cryptography repo in a way that:

- all packages that are old squeak related have been removed
- packages that could not be loaded into a pharo7 because of dependencies I don’t know have been removed
- loadable packages have been added in the baseline in the all group so everything is loaded and tested in travis
- tests have been fixed where I could do that easily
- tests that were failing and I don’t know why have been added (with a comment) to expectFailures
- after the removal I did a new version 0.4 for those who are interested in the cleaned old version
- then I converted the source into tonel format
- then I retired pharo4 and pharo5 for the travis builds because 3 yearsis enough for such a package
- finally I did a version 0.5 with that state

There were also packages removed like PasswordHashingFFI and CryptographyPlugins. Not sure if the FFI variant is recent or the CryptographyPlugins realtes to the vm. I removed every package in its own commit. So resurrecting a package should be easy as reverting a commit if someone needs it.

Now I’m udpating mongotalk and voyage.

FYI,

Norbert

Re: Cryptography decrufted

cedreek
Excellent job Norbert !

Thx,

Cédrik

> Le 5 juil. 2019 à 13:04, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> I cannot remember how many years I’m suffering with the poor quality of the Cryptography package. As people were complaining that voyage cannot be loaded in windows because cryptography contains old code that produces filenames with 311 charactern I decided to stop that. I changed the Cryptography repo in a way that:
>
> - all packages that are old squeak related have been removed
> - packages that could not be loaded into a pharo7 because of dependencies I don’t know have been removed
> - loadable packages have been added in the baseline in the all group so everything is loaded and tested in travis
> - tests have been fixed where I could do that easily
> - tests that were failing and I don’t know why have been added (with a comment) to expectFailures
> - after the removal I did a new version 0.4 for those who are interested in the cleaned old version
> - then I converted the source into tonel format
> - then I retired pharo4 and pharo5 for the travis builds because 3 yearsis enough for such a package
> - finally I did a version 0.5 with that state
>
> There were also packages removed like PasswordHashingFFI and CryptographyPlugins. Not sure if the FFI variant is recent or the CryptographyPlugins realtes to the vm. I removed every package in its own commit. So resurrecting a package should be easy as reverting a commit if someone needs it.
>
> Now I’m udpating mongotalk and voyage.
>
> FYI,
>
> Norbert

Re: Cryptography decrufted