Crystal Reports 9

Osvaldo Aufiero-2
Hi all,
Has anybody worked with Crystal Reports 9 and D5 ? Any help?
I am a bit lost, because since version 9 everything changed, and I can't
find where the things (the components they mention) are. Where is
CRAXDRT.Report ?

TIA

Osvaldo

Re: Crystal Reports 9

James Foster-3
Hi Osvaldo,

I'm using Crystal Reports 9 with Dolphin 5. Much of the stuff is in
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\2.0\bin
on my installation. Does that help?

James Foster
Fargo, North Dakota

"Osvaldo Aufiero" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> Hi all,
> Has anybody worked with Crystal Reports 9 and D5 ? Any help?
> I am a bit lost, because since version 9 everything changed, and I can't
> find where the things (the components they mention) are. Where is
> CRAXDRT.Report ?
>
> TIA
>
> Osvaldo

Re: Crystal Reports 9

Osvaldo Aufiero-2
Yes, i found the dll I had to wrap.
Tks.
¿Any recommendations about how using it?
I put the window inside an AXControlSite, is that ok?

"James Foster" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> Hi Osvaldo,
>
> I'm using Crystal Reports 9 with Dolphin 5. Much of the stuff is in
> C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\2.0\bin
> on my installation. Does that help?
>
> James Foster
> Fargo, North Dakota
>

> "Osvaldo Aufiero" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> news:[hidden email]...
> > Hi all,
> > Has anybody worked with Crystal Reports 9 and D5 ? Any help?
> > I am a bit lost, because since version 9 everything changed, and I can't
> > find where the things (the components they mention) are. Where is
> > CRAXDRT.Report ?
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Osvaldo

Re: Crystal Reports 9

Christopher J. Demers
"Osvaldo Aufiero" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> Yes, i found the dll I had to wrap.
> Tks.
> ¿Any recommendations about how using it?
> I put the window inside an AXControlSite, is that ok?

This is how I open a report.
=========
 crApp := CRAXDRTIApplication new.
 crReport := crApp
    openReport: reportPath.
 crDb := crReport database.
 (crDb tables item: 1)
  setTableLocation: reportDBpath
  pSubLocation: tableName
  pConnectBufferSting: ''.
========

This method is in my report viewer,  crypstalReportPresenter is just a
Presenter hooked to a
AXControlSite with a progID of "CRViewer9.CRViewer.9.2".
=========
onViewOpened

 | viewer |
 super onViewOpened.
 viewer := crystalReportPresenter view controlDispatch asImplType.
 viewer reportSource: self model.
 viewer displayGroupTree: false.
 viewer displayTabs: false.
 viewer enableExportButton: true.
 viewer viewReport.
=========

I first tried generating CSV files and reporting based on them, but that was
unbearable slow, so I had to create temporary tables in an Access database
and report of off them.  I don't believe Crystal Reports was very good at
reporting on objects the last time I looked at it.  It really is geared
towards relational databases.

When you deploy your application you will need to make sure you install the
CR runtime correctly, as I recall there are some hoops to jump through,
unless you use their MSM.

Good luck,
Chris