Css file from lighttpd server

dtrussardi@tiscali.it
Ciao,

        i have a problem with a CSS file managed from Lighttpd server.

A) first setup

        The stylesheet  styleCupCss  when load from WAFileLibrary subclass with the code:

                updateRoot: anHtmlRoot
                super updateRoot: anHtmlRoot.

                anHtmlRoot stylesheet url: JQCupertinoTheme / #styleCupCss.

        is right interpreted by the browser as a css file.

        The browser for this element report:

                DateTue, 11 Jun 2013 15:56:47 GMT
                Content-Length 33527
                Server Zinc HTTP Components 1.0
                Content-Type text/css
                Cache-Control max-age=1800
                Expires Tue, 11 Jun 2013 16:26:47 GMT

B) setup with error

        After i create a syleCup.Css  file on the server and load it with:

                anHtmlRoot stylesheet url: 'http://Server/Jquery-ui-1.10.3.custom/css/cupertino/styleCup.Css'.

        In this case the browser don't right  interpreted the file

        The browser  in this case report:

        Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 15:53:52 GMT
        Content-Length 33527
        Server lighttpd/1.4.28
        Content-Type application/octet-stream
        Accept-Ranges bytes

        I need to setup the styleCup.Css file    with   some other informations ?

        Thanks for any considerations.

                Dario

Re: Css file from lighttpd server

Paul DeBruicker
Hi Dario,

        Will you post the relevant part of your lighttpd configuration for
serving CSS files?

Thanks

Paul

On 06/11/2013 09:12 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Ciao,
>
> i have a problem with a CSS file managed from Lighttpd server.
>

> A) first setup
>
> The stylesheet  styleCupCss  when load from WAFileLibrary subclass with the code:
>
> updateRoot: anHtmlRoot
> super updateRoot: anHtmlRoot.
>
> anHtmlRoot stylesheet url: JQCupertinoTheme / #styleCupCss.
>

> is right interpreted by the browser as a css file.
>
> The browser for this element report:
>
> DateTue, 11 Jun 2013 15:56:47 GMT
> Content-Length 33527
> Server Zinc HTTP Components 1.0
> Content-Type text/css
> Cache-Control max-age=1800
> Expires Tue, 11 Jun 2013 16:26:47 GMT
>

> B) setup with error
>
> After i create a syleCup.Css  file on the server and load it with:
>

> anHtmlRoot stylesheet url: 'http://Server/Jquery-ui-1.10.3.custom/css/cupertino/styleCup.Css'.
>

> In this case the browser don't right  interpreted the file
>
> The browser  in this case report:
>
> Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 15:53:52 GMT
> Content-Length 33527
> Server lighttpd/1.4.28
> Content-Type application/octet-stream
> Accept-Ranges bytes
>

> I need to setup the styleCup.Css file    with   some other informations ?
>
> Thanks for any considerations.
>
> Dario

Re: Css file from lighttpd server

dtrussardi@tiscali.it
Ciao Paul,

> Hi Dario,
>
> Will you post the relevant part of your lighttpd configuration for
> serving CSS files?

I did not know this thing.

I do not know how I should configure the lighttpd for serving CSS files.

Thanks,

        Dario

> Thanks
>
> Paul

>> Ciao,
>>
>> i have a problem with a CSS file managed from Lighttpd server.
>>

>> A) first setup
>>
>> The stylesheet  styleCupCss  when load from WAFileLibrary subclass with the code:
>>
>> updateRoot: anHtmlRoot
>> super updateRoot: anHtmlRoot.
>>
>> anHtmlRoot stylesheet url: JQCupertinoTheme / #styleCupCss.
>>

>> is right interpreted by the browser as a css file.
>>
>> The browser for this element report:
>>
>> DateTue, 11 Jun 2013 15:56:47 GMT
>> Content-Length 33527
>> Server Zinc HTTP Components 1.0
>> Content-Type text/css
>> Cache-Control max-age=1800
>> Expires Tue, 11 Jun 2013 16:26:47 GMT
>>

>> B) setup with error
>>
>> After i create a syleCup.Css  file on the server and load it with:
>>

>> anHtmlRoot stylesheet url: 'http://Server/Jquery-ui-1.10.3.custom/css/cupertino/styleCup.Css'.
>>

>> In this case the browser don't right  interpreted the file
>>
>> The browser  in this case report:
>>
>> Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 15:53:52 GMT
>> Content-Length 33527
>> Server lighttpd/1.4.28
>> Content-Type application/octet-stream
>> Accept-Ranges bytes
>>

>> I need to setup the styleCup.Css file    with   some other informations ?
>>
>> Thanks for any considerations.
>>
>> Dario

Re: Css file from lighttpd server

Paul DeBruicker
Hi Dario,

        Ahh.  Maybe this thread will be helpful for you then:

http://forum.world.st/Configure-Seaside-Pier-lighttpd-td118574.html

Let me know if you're still stuck after that.

Thanks

Paul

On 06/11/2013 09:30 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Ciao Paul,
>
>> Hi Dario,
>>
>> Will you post the relevant part of your lighttpd configuration for
>> serving CSS files?
>>

> I did not know this thing.
>
> I do not know how I should configure the lighttpd for serving CSS files.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dario
>

>> Thanks
>>
>> Paul

>>> Ciao,
>>>
>>> i have a problem with a CSS file managed from Lighttpd server.
>>>

>>> A) first setup
>>>
>>> The stylesheet  styleCupCss  when load from WAFileLibrary subclass with the code:
>>>
>>> updateRoot: anHtmlRoot
>>> super updateRoot: anHtmlRoot.
>>>
>>> anHtmlRoot stylesheet url: JQCupertinoTheme / #styleCupCss.
>>>

>>> is right interpreted by the browser as a css file.
>>>
>>> The browser for this element report:
>>>
>>> DateTue, 11 Jun 2013 15:56:47 GMT
>>> Content-Length 33527
>>> Server Zinc HTTP Components 1.0
>>> Content-Type text/css
>>> Cache-Control max-age=1800
>>> Expires Tue, 11 Jun 2013 16:26:47 GMT
>>>

>>> B) setup with error
>>>
>>> After i create a syleCup.Css  file on the server and load it with:
>>>

>>> anHtmlRoot stylesheet url: 'http://Server/Jquery-ui-1.10.3.custom/css/cupertino/styleCup.Css'.
>>>

>>> In this case the browser don't right  interpreted the file
>>>
>>> The browser  in this case report:
>>>
>>> Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 15:53:52 GMT
>>> Content-Length 33527
>>> Server lighttpd/1.4.28
>>> Content-Type application/octet-stream
>>> Accept-Ranges bytes
>>>

>>> I need to setup the styleCup.Css file    with   some other informations ?
>>>
>>> Thanks for any considerations.
>>>
>>> Dario

Re: Css file from lighttpd server

dtrussardi@tiscali.it
Ciao Paul,

        for now i add:

          mimetype.assign = (
                                ".css" => "text/css", )

        to my lighttpd.conf file on MacBook system,  and it work fine.

I note difference from lighttpd  setup on MacBook and on Ubuntu system

On Ubuntu system the lighttpd.conf declare:

        #### external configuration files
        ## mimetype mapping
        include_shell "/usr/share/lighttpd/create-mime.assign.pl"

and i think this manage some other type declarations.

I don't understund because this difference in the two system.

In any case thanks,

        Dario

> Hi Dario,
>
> Ahh.  Maybe this thread will be helpful for you then:
>
> http://forum.world.st/Configure-Seaside-Pier-lighttpd-td118574.html
>

> Let me know if you're still stuck after that.
>

> Thanks
>
> Paul

>> Ciao Paul,
>>
>>> Hi Dario,
>>>
>>> Will you post the relevant part of your lighttpd configuration for
>>> serving CSS files?
>>>

>> I did not know this thing.
>>
>> I do not know how I should configure the lighttpd for serving CSS files.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Dario
>>

>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Paul

Re: Css file from lighttpd server

Alejandro Zuzek
Hi Dario,

I have recently faced the same problem. This is happening to you because you don't have a mime type associated to .css files, so lighttpd defaults to application/octet-stream. You should be fine by making sure your mime type declaration in lighttpd.conf file looks like this:

mimetype.assign = (
".css" => "text/css",
)

I hope this helps.