Ctrl-C Ctrl-V in Chrome

milan zimmermann
Hi,

There is a Trac ticket regarding this subject which is now closed

http://www.lively-kernel.org/trac/ticket/263

but doing Ctrl-C Ctrl-V in Chrome I am getting

PASTE ERROR: Error: INVALID_STATE_ERR: DOM Exception 11

Should one report against a closed ticket or create a new one?

Thanks,

Milan

Re: Ctrl-C Ctrl-V in Chrome

Tilman Giese
Marko and I had the same issue today in Safari. Chrome seems to work fine though.

Best regards,
Tilman

Am 28.01.2012 um 20:58 schrieb Milan Zimmermann:

> Hi,
>
> There is a Trac ticket regarding this subject which is now closed
>
> http://www.lively-kernel.org/trac/ticket/263
>
> but doing Ctrl-C Ctrl-V in Chrome I am getting
>
> PASTE ERROR: Error: INVALID_STATE_ERR: DOM Exception 11
>
> Should one report against a closed ticket or create a new one?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Milan

Re: Ctrl-C Ctrl-V in Chrome

Robert Krahn-3
Just reopen it.

Thanks.

On Jan 28, 2012, at 8:58 PM, Milan Zimmermann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There is a Trac ticket regarding this subject which is now closed
>
> http://www.lively-kernel.org/trac/ticket/263
>
> but doing Ctrl-C Ctrl-V in Chrome I am getting
>
> PASTE ERROR: Error: INVALID_STATE_ERR: DOM Exception 11
>
> Should one report against a closed ticket or create a new one?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Milan

Re: Ctrl-C Ctrl-V in Chrome

milan zimmermann
On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 2:02 PM, Tilman Giese <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Marko and I had the same issue today in Safari. Chrome seems to work fine though.

Interesting I am running here Chrome "18.0.1017.2 dev" on Opensuse
Linux and that version does have that issue; same problem in Chrome
16.0.912.77 on Opensuse Linux

But, it works in Windows Vista Chrome v 17... (not 16 or 18 but close I guess)

Surprising OS  would make a difference - just wondering what OS your
Safari failure was on...

Milan

> Best regards,
> Tilman
>
> Am 28.01.2012 um 20:58 schrieb Milan Zimmermann:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> There is a Trac ticket regarding this subject which is now closed
>>
>> http://www.lively-kernel.org/trac/ticket/263
>>
>> but doing Ctrl-C Ctrl-V in Chrome I am getting
>>
>> PASTE ERROR: Error: INVALID_STATE_ERR: DOM Exception 11
>>
>> Should one report against a closed ticket or create a new one?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Milan

Re: Ctrl-C Ctrl-V in Chrome

Lincke, Jens
Hi,

I worked together with Astrid on this issue. We had windows and Mac chromes and we tried to capture the problems in the referenced issue page and Test cases. The problem is that we have to be a little 'clever' when trying to somehow parse HTML inside an XHTML page. And the OS gives us all kinds of rich text HTML in the paste buffer. We will have a look at this.

Best,
Jens

Am 28.01.2012 um 21:47 schrieb Milan Zimmermann <[hidden email]>:

> On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 2:02 PM, Tilman Giese <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Marko and I had the same issue today in Safari. Chrome seems to work fine though.
>
> Interesting I am running here Chrome "18.0.1017.2 dev" on Opensuse
> Linux and that version does have that issue; same problem in Chrome
> 16.0.912.77 on Opensuse Linux
>
> But, it works in Windows Vista Chrome v 17... (not 16 or 18 but close I guess)
>
> Surprising OS  would make a difference - just wondering what OS your
> Safari failure was on...
>
> Milan
>

>> Best regards,
>> Tilman
>>
>> Am 28.01.2012 um 20:58 schrieb Milan Zimmermann:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> There is a Trac ticket regarding this subject which is now closed
>>>
>>> http://www.lively-kernel.org/trac/ticket/263
>>>
>>> but doing Ctrl-C Ctrl-V in Chrome I am getting
>>>
>>> PASTE ERROR: Error: INVALID_STATE_ERR: DOM Exception 11
>>>
>>> Should one report against a closed ticket or create a new one?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Milan

Re: Ctrl-C Ctrl-V in Chrome

milan zimmermann
Hi Jens,

thanks for commenting. I will watch the item and test any changes on
Linux and Vista, Chrome an Firefox (selected versions). Is there a use
to test IE9 as well?

Later,
Milan

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 4:00 AM, Jens Lincke
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I worked together with Astrid on this issue. We had windows and Mac chromes and we tried to capture the problems in the referenced issue page and Test cases. The problem is that we have to be a little 'clever' when trying to somehow parse HTML inside an XHTML page. And the OS gives us all kinds of rich text HTML in the paste buffer. We will have a look at this.
>
> Best,
> Jens
>
> Am 28.01.2012 um 21:47 schrieb Milan Zimmermann <[hidden email]>:
>
>> On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 2:02 PM, Tilman Giese <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Marko and I had the same issue today in Safari. Chrome seems to work fine though.
>>
>> Interesting I am running here Chrome "18.0.1017.2 dev" on Opensuse
>> Linux and that version does have that issue; same problem in Chrome
>> 16.0.912.77 on Opensuse Linux
>>
>> But, it works in Windows Vista Chrome v 17... (not 16 or 18 but close I guess)
>>
>> Surprising OS  would make a difference - just wondering what OS your
>> Safari failure was on...
>>
>> Milan
>>

>>> Best regards,
>>> Tilman

Re: Ctrl-C Ctrl-V in Chrome

Lincke, Jens
Hi Milan,

I extended the error message, so that you can report the html source from the paste buffer that created the problem.

Best,
Jens

Am 29.01.2012 um 18:46 schrieb Milan Zimmermann:

> Hi Jens,
>
> thanks for commenting. I will watch the item and test any changes on
> Linux and Vista, Chrome an Firefox (selected versions). Is there a use
> to test IE9 as well?
>
> Later,
> Milan
>
> On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 4:00 AM, Jens Lincke
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I worked together with Astrid on this issue. We had windows and Mac chromes and we tried to capture the problems in the referenced issue page and Test cases. The problem is that we have to be a little 'clever' when trying to somehow parse HTML inside an XHTML page. And the OS gives us all kinds of rich text HTML in the paste buffer. We will have a look at this.
>>
>> Best,
>> Jens

>>> Interesting I am running here Chrome "18.0.1017.2 dev" on Opensuse
>>> Linux and that version does have that issue; same problem in Chrome
>>> 16.0.912.77 on Opensuse Linux
>>>
>>> But, it works in Windows Vista Chrome v 17... (not 16 or 18 but close I guess)
>>>
>>> Surprising OS  would make a difference - just wondering what OS your
>>> Safari failure was on...
>>>
>>> Milan

Re: Ctrl-C Ctrl-V in Chrome

milan zimmermann