Cuis 4.2 SUnit results on OS X (all packages loaded)

bpi

Cuis 4.2 SUnit results on OS X (all packages loaded)

bpi
Hi Juan,

You probably know this. However, I just loaded all packages and then ran the tests on my Mac with OS X 10.7.5. I used latest CogVM 2749 with the ClipboardExtendedPlugin. Here are the results:

==== SUnit ======== Start ====
        failed
        551 run, 2 failed, 5 errors
---- SUnit ----- Failures ----
        BitBltTest>>#testAlphaCompositing
        BitBltTest>>#testAlphaCompositing2
---- SUnit ------- Errors ----
        ExtendedClipboardTest>>#testStar16BitToAndFromImageClipboard
        ExtendedClipboardTest>>#testStar8BitToAndFromImageClipboard
        ExtendedClipboardTest>>#testStarToAndFromImageClipboard
        StyledTextEditorTest>>#testEmptyTrailingLine
        StyledTextEditorTest>>#testEmptyTrailingLineNumberedStyle
==== SUnit ========== End ====

I would be interested to hear if they fail for others, too.

Cheers,
Bernhard

Re: Cuis 4.2 SUnit results on OS X (all packages loaded)

KenDickey
On Sat, 27 Jul 2013 19:49:29 +0200
Bernhard Pieber <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You probably know this. However, I just loaded all packages and then ran the tests on my Mac with OS X 10.7.5. I used latest CogVM 2749 with the ClipboardExtendedPlugin. Here are the results:
..
> I would be interested to hear if they fail for others, too.

On Linux w CogVM:

        484 run, 482 passed, 2 failed, 0 errors

        BitBlitTest>>testAlphaCompositing
        BitBlitTest>>testAlphaCompositing2

I suspect the clipboard errors are Mac specific.

--
Ken [dot] Dickey [at] whidbey [dot] com

-KenD

Re: Cuis 4.2 SUnit results on OS X (all packages loaded)

Juan Vuletich-4
Hi Bernhard,

On 7/27/2013 2:49 PM, Bernhard Pieber wrote:

> Hi Juan,
>
> You probably know this. However, I just loaded all packages and then ran the tests on my Mac with OS X 10.7.5. I used latest CogVM 2749 with the ClipboardExtendedPlugin. Here are the results:
>
> ==== SUnit ======== Start ====
> failed
> 551 run, 2 failed, 5 errors
> ---- SUnit ----- Failures ----
> BitBltTest>>#testAlphaCompositing
> BitBltTest>>#testAlphaCompositing2

IIRC, these are rather subtle bugs in BitBlt (and therefore in all VMs)
that were reported in Squeak a long time ago...

> ---- SUnit ------- Errors ----
> ExtendedClipboardTest>>#testStar16BitToAndFromImageClipboard
> ExtendedClipboardTest>>#testStar8BitToAndFromImageClipboard
> ExtendedClipboardTest>>#testStarToAndFromImageClipboard
> StyledTextEditorTest>>#testEmptyTrailingLine
> StyledTextEditorTest>>#testEmptyTrailingLineNumberedStyle

Yes, all these are my fault. The problem is method I removed that is not
much used, but that these test need to run. Will publish it soon. Thanks.

BTW, ClipboardExtendedPlugin is still Mac Specific. A Subset of the
functionality is supported in Windows via FFI, and none in Linux. This
is the ClipboardExtendedPlugin in Sophie and in standard Mac VMs, so
supporting this in Windows and Linux would be great for many people...

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich