Cuis RectangleLikeMorph (was Re: More...morphic)

Cuis RectangleLikeMorph (was Re: More...morphic)

Hannes Hirzel
Kent or Juan

Could you please give a bit more details how a Cuis RectangleLikeMorph
differs from a Squeak Rectangle?

> A RectangleLikeMorph is not a Rectangle or a subclass of Rectangle.
>
> See Morph>>drawOn: , above.
>
> This is subtle stuff.  Yes, documentation is wanted.
>
> Only 36 hours in a day, however.  ;^)
>
> Cheers,
> -KenD

Re: Cuis RectangleLikeMorph (was Re: More...morphic)

Juan Vuletich-4
Hi Hannes,

On 4/26/2014 7:13 AM, H. Hirzel wrote:
> Kent or Juan
>
> Could you please give a bit more details how a Cuis RectangleLikeMorph
> differs from a Squeak Rectangle?

In Cuis:

Object subclass: #Rectangle
"I represent a rectangular area of the screen. Arithmetic functions take
points as arguments and carry out scaling and translating operations to
create new instances of me. Rectangle functions create new instances by
determining intersections of rectangles with rectangles.

Note 1: only rectangles parallel to reference frame (Screen) can be
represented by this class.
"

and

Morph subclass: #RectangleLikeMorph
"Hierarchy for morphs that are rectangle like. Including rectangles with
rounded corners and such. The idea is that the 'extent' ivar is all
that's needed to establish our dimensions and shape. Subclasses can add
things like 'roundedCornerRadious' or such."

So, Cuis Rectangle is very much like Squeak Rectangle. And Cuis
RectangleLikeMorph is not too unlike Squeak RectangleMorph.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich