Cuis-Unicode updated for 1674

KenDickey
..and it can save Unicode files now in both UniTextEditor and FileListWindow w UniFileList.

FileListWindow openUniFileList. -> UniFileList
'Some text' asUniString edit.  -> UniTextEditor

Juan, in your infinite spare time (8^0) you might want to look at my unsaved changes.  Aside from adding FormCanvas>>grafPort, most hacks are adding isKindOf: UniString to Text and String checks.

Perhaps a isTextLike or some better named method? ...

Many thanks again for the updates.

Cheers,
-KenD
--
Ken [dot] Dickey [at] whidbey [dot] com

-KenD

Re: Cuis-Unicode updated for 1674

Juan Vuletich-4
Hi Ken,

This is great. I'm really happy you are working on this!

On 4/15/2013 1:27 AM, Ken Dickey wrote:
> ..and it can save Unicode files now in both UniTextEditor and FileListWindow w UniFileList.
>
> FileListWindow openUniFileList. ->  UniFileList
> 'Some text' asUniString edit.  ->  UniTextEditor

Can you please check the installation on a fresh Cuis image? I got some
walkbacks about Ropes wrappers with nil wrapee and nil EmptyRope. Some
installation instructions on README.md, and a couple of class methods
with samples to avoid needing to type bytearrays reading your screen on
a png file would be very welcome :).

> Juan, in your infinite spare time (8^0) you might want to look at my unsaved changes.  Aside from adding FormCanvas>>grafPort, most hacks are adding isKindOf: UniString to Text and String checks.
>
> Perhaps a isTextLike or some better named method? ...

I promise I will. We'll adapt as needed to allow for a clean integration
of your work.

> Many thanks again for the updates.
>
> Cheers,
> -KenD

Thank you for working on this important area!

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich

Re: Cuis-Unicode updated for 1674

KenDickey
On Mon, 15 Apr 2013 10:42:26 -0300
Juan Vuletich <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can you please check the installation on a fresh Cuis image? I got some
> walkbacks about Ropes wrappers with nil wrapee and nil EmptyRope.

You need to fileIn packages UniCodes.pck.st UniCodesTests.pck.st AND
        1661+CuisCore-KenDickey-2013Apr12-KenD.1.cs.st

Other than that, I need more context [backtrace/walkback].

> Some
> installation instructions on README.md, and a couple of class methods
> with samples to avoid needing to type bytearrays reading your screen on
> a png file would be very welcome :).

I presume this is the Unicode ropes.

I will update the readme and add more Class comment examples.

Try:

 FileListWindow openUniFileList.
"Find a Unicode file, right-click name. 'view as Unicode'. Select some Unicode text & Copy "
'Some text' asUniString edit.  "Paste Unicode text.  Type a bit. Cmd-s to save"

Much more fun than typing byteArrays!

-KenD